Code of Conduct

Default are samples a reliable source for finding out a fragrances longevity and projection?

hi guys, new to the forums just wondering if samples (decant) are reliable when it comes to testing longevity and projection

Default Re: are samples a reliable source for finding out a fragrances longevity and projection?

As long as you execute the sample in the same manner as you wear (assuming you spray), then yes.

Dabbing is just not the same as spraying.

for swap/sale:

Default Re: are samples a reliable source for finding out a fragrances longevity and projection?

You need in most cases to spray the scent from a atomizer to judge the longevity/projection properly.

The spray samples IMO would be the most reliable to judge longevity.

Banned

If someones sends or makes you a decant from an existing bottle, you then fill it in a phial with spray mechanism: This might create a realistic picture. Dabbing, it has been said, is not so reliable. Also...I don't trust official samples, as I sometimes had the feeling they were of higher concentration. Happened that I got old-stock-samples of fragrances that had been reformulated in the meanwhile. A source of disappointment, to be sure!

thanks for all the replies, this is a great community, i will be sure to keep everyones advice in mind next time i test out a sample, thanks again for the help