Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Re: Amouage Interlude Man - 2012

Yeah it's nothing at all like XXV, doesn't even seem like the same house. Opus VI should've been released as Interlude, far far far FAR better imo.

Remarkable how varied opinions on Interlude are! It seems like you either hate it or you love it.

Quote Originally Posted by benzganesh View Post
    Smells like a niche version of Angel Men - indeed miles better than Angel Men - but you know, i get the vibe - the gourmandish
    vibe that this can get very cloying if you go more than 4 sprays, nevertherless i just bought Epic Man, to be followed by Honour Man and only then Interlude Man - I have no penchant for others in this house.

- - - Updated - - -

Believe me when i say, this is so different from Jub and Memoir.
    This is sweet,earthy a little smokey and very well candied.
    I could no more wear 4 sprays of this then I could Kouros!!! 2 is plenty. The only other I have is Epic Man. I dislike ALL the others unless talking about the Attar's to which I have 16 of them!

Quote Originally Posted by Mujana View Post
    Remarkable how varied opinions on Interlude are! It seems like you either hate it or you love it.
    This seems very much be a love it or hate it similar to M7 or Kouros. Personally I hate M7 but my friend I gave it to loves it. I love Kouros BTW.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." – Winston Churchill

to those who tried Opus VI , how similar is it to Interlude man? Opus VI gets very sharp and synthetic at the dry down (for me), does interlude do that too? is there any harshness throughout Interlude's development? Does it feel cheap at any point?

It does get a bit raspy/woody in the same way Opus VI does in the dry down, imo.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    I tried Interlude man from a sample today, and IMO it`s a chaotic mess.. It`s not elegant, it`s not refined, it`s not sophisticated, and it`s mixed with notes that doesn`t fit very well together. The opening is dreadful, and the dry down isn`t good eighter even though the scent calms down after a while. What is Amouage`s intention with this release? Something fresh, modern, and casual?
    I think the best for Amouage is to stay faithful to what they do best. Create luxurious, "big", bold, dense, sophisticated, regal scents for quality-conscious fussy clients. I love Amouage, but Interlude man is their weakest fragrance thus far.
    Wow Oslo - you're starting to sound like thebeck. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeck View Post
    Wow Oslo - you're starting to sound like thebeck. I love it.
    In my book if it does not get the "Becks Stamp Of Approval" then it's not worth buying.

Shoot -- I was really looking forward to testing Interlude next week -- now it seems like a blow-out. Don't like the sound of it at all.

Angel - Men? I'm gone.

Opus V is the most synthetic of all - Opus VI has the most natural note of all - VI lasts a little less on my skin than V.
    Opus VI and Interlude is not comparable at all.

To Make it Simple :

Epic Man = Saudi Araban King Throned Naturally
    Opus VI = Unsung King of the Turkish Ottoman
    Interlude = Prince of Today's Jordon

Actually i shouldnt have compared Angel Men - Yes this is a little gourmandish only having in coming the dry down featuring the patchouli+leather combo - the top end is a bit sweet but its not sticky like mugler's ; this seems to float better, has less syrupy quality - thanks to the leather - very wearable i'd say go 3 1/2 Sprays Max - Interlude rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    to those who tried Opus VI , how similar is it to Interlude man? Opus VI gets very sharp and synthetic at the dry down (for me), does interlude do that too? is there any harshness throughout Interlude's development? Does it feel cheap at any point?
    I see almost no similarity between Opus VI and Interlude Man. Very different fragrances all the way from beginning to end. Opus VI is dominated by Amber and Incense (not the most original scent IMO, but well done). While Interlude Man smells like a nightmare mix of oregano, incense, amber and patchouli. When the oregano finally goes away several hours later it becomes more tolerable, but still does not resemble Opus VI at all to me.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    6. Puredistance - Black
    7. Tom Ford - Plum Japonais
    8. Neela Vermeire - Trayee
    9. Creed - Royal Oud
    10. Chanel - Egoiste

I think my main concern with Amouage is how their recent releases smell less luxurious and more tellingly synthetic than before.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    I think my main concern with Amouage is how their recent releases smell less luxurious and more tellingly synthetic than before.
    I very much agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    In my book if it does not get the "Becks Stamp Of Approval" then it's not worth buying.
    I love it when when you lie to me. I do appreciate your humor.

after reading all replies, I think Interlude man is not for me. I didn't really like any of the Amouage library releases (I hate Opus V with a passion) Memoir Man, Honor Man and Opus VI did not impress me at all and felt cheap compared to previous amouage releases. So I'm guessing this will be just another disappointing release by Amouage.

I agree with this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    I think the best for Amouage is to stay faithful to what they do best. Create luxurious, "big", bold, dense, sophisticated, regal scents for quality-conscious fussy clients. I love Amouage, but Interlude man is their weakest fragrance thus far.
    I think amouage is paying more attention to marketing and telling stories... etc! Instead of releasing quality scents that people can actually wear and enjoy wearing!
    I don't want to wear WEIRD smelling fragrances and wait til someone asks me why it smells bad/weird so that I can tell them about Baudelaire or Madame Butterfly!!!

Check

I don't know for certain, but I wouldn't mind betting that Amouage are now using synthetics only along with Chanel, Guerlain and Hermes.

It makes economic sense from their point of view doesn't it? I mean, apart from a few discerning people, most punters when they are buying a perfume are not interested whether any 'solvent extraction' or 'oil distillation' has taken place in the process -- as long as it smells good. So why use Rose oil or an extract of sandalwood when damascones and Polysantol are readily available? Jean- Claude Ellena, in his new book, extols the art of chemistry in perfumes which has given him a 'vast array of synthetics' to choose from.

Just have to hope that there are new aromachemicals being created out there that are going to astound us, I suppose.

Actually I AM EYEING Honour Man - although i dont buy their butterfly stories!

I just have no idea where to start... First off, Other then epic man, Interlude is the only one I feel is worth getting from the EDP line. Now if you are talking there attar's then all of them are fantastic.
    A few said something about synthetic's. Show me someone that doesn't use them in EDP... Go ahead I'll wait.

"less luxurious"??? Are we smelling the same EDP here???? Interlude has a multitude of things going on. Not any of them are cheap or crap.
    I bought mine straight from Amouage. Might I ask if the negative people bought from the same???

People, this is a fantastic scent and I highly doubt anyone that actually bought the bottle would think otherwise.
    Granted I like certain style's like Epic and Interlude. I hate Any of the other EDP they put out, but in my world this is an easy blind buy.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." – Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by str8shooter View Post
    I just have no idea where to start... First off, Other then epic man, Interlude is the only one I feel is worth getting from the EDP line. Now if you are talking there attar's then all of them are fantastic.
    A few said something about synthetic's. Show me someone that doesn't use them in EDP... Go ahead I'll wait.

"less luxurious"??? Are we smelling the same EDP here???? Interlude has a multitude of things going on. Not any of them are cheap or crap.
    I bought mine straight from Amouage. Might I ask if the negative people bought from the same???

People, this is a fantastic scent and I highly doubt anyone that actually bought the bottle would think otherwise.
    Granted I like certain style's like Epic and Interlude. I hate Any of the other EDP they put out, but in my world this is an easy blind buy.
    Well, that's your opinion and you're welcome to it...

With regards to synthetics, I don't think anyone was criticising the use of synthetics as most fragrances incorporate synthetics to a certain degree. So, no problem there. The issues I have with it are the following:

1) It betrays Amouage's olfactory identity (as did the Honour duo).

2) The synthetic aspect is more evident than in most of their previous releases and, to some extent, rather jarring at times.

Yes, back in the early 2000s, Amouage released a lot of synthetic duds before getting their act together with the Jubilation duo. However, since the Memoirs, they've dropped the ball yet again (with the exception of the first four Opuses).

Their last seven or so releases have been disappointing to say the least. For me, that's definitely a cause for concern.

Well, that's your opinion and you're welcome to it...

With regards to synthetics, I don't think anyone was criticising the use of synthetics as most fragrances incorporate synthetics to a certain degree. So, no problem there. The issues I have with it are the following:

1) It betrays Amouage's olfactory identity (as did the Honour duo).

2) The synthetic aspect is more evident than in most of their previous releases and, to some extent, rather jarring at times.

Yes, back in the early 2000s, Amouage released a lot of synthetic duds before getting their act together with the Jubilation duo. However, since the Memoirs, they've dropped the ball yet again (with the exception of the first four Opuses).

Their last seven or so releases have been disappointing to say the least. For me, that's definitely a cause for concern.
    To my personal view (better to say nose), Jubilation Man boasts with much more synthetics than Honour - which I don't find betraying at all, rather a really high quality scent, well deserving the Amouage name.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern View Post
    Check

I don't know for certain, but I wouldn't mind betting that Amouage are now using synthetics only along with Chanel, Guerlain and Hermes.

It makes economic sense from their point of view doesn't it? I mean, apart from a few discerning people, most punters when they are buying a perfume are not interested whether any 'solvent extraction' or 'oil distillation' has taken place in the process -- as long as it smells good. So why use Rose oil or an extract of sandalwood when damascones and Polysantol are readily available? Jean- Claude Ellena, in his new book, extols the art of chemistry in perfumes which has given him a 'vast array of synthetics' to choose from.

Just have to hope that there are new aromachemicals being created out there that are going to astound us, I suppose.
    Chanel/ Guerlain isn't bad company at all I would say (although I do not know about synthetics in Interlude); I love Shalimar...and also nr. 5 isn't bad:-)
    I agree with you...if they can be used simple and effective..great!
    To me Interlude is simply one of the best Amouages I had so far (maybe even the best I smelled so far).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mujana View Post
    Agreed. And it's pretty much love at first sniff to my nose. While there are certainly some shadows of olfactory "imagery" to previous thumbs-up recipients EPIC and MEMOIR, I also am surprised that so many are screaming repeat! Neither of the aforementioned has the baked sweetness or intense smokiness of Interlude. (Memoir has ash and burnt wood - but it's not very smokey. It's the day after the rain has put out the fire) There is none of the spicy bite of epic or the cool green of memoir in this batch of Interlude. The incense is much warmer and it probably bears more likeness to the heat of Opus VI's smokey amber than to the others in the standard line.

I can certainly understand the claims at cloying. Then again, cloying is just an ugly word for strength, projection, and longevity when one does not care for a scent. If you like it (and I do with Interlude)... your cloying is my tenacity.

I need some more time to decide if I really love it as much as I have during initial wearings. One thing is for sure... Interlude man is complex and unique (if in a synthetically unnatural sort of manner), will not be confused with anything else I wear, and certainly not boring.
    Having Simultaneous Affairs with: Amouage Memoir Man, Fate Man, Interlude Man, Epic Extrait (yep... the femme version), Tribute, Homage, Opus IV, VI, & VII • Puredistance M, Black • Tauer L'Air & Carillon pour un Ange • Knize Ten Golden • L'Artisan Al Oudh, Traversee du Bosphore, Dzing! • TF Noir de Noir • Xerjoff Homme, Richwood, Regio, 1861, 1888, Zafar • Serge Lutens MKK, Gris Clair, Fille en Aiguilles, La Myrre • H de Parfums 1740, Noir Patchouli, Tub3 Animale • Abdes Salaam Tabac, Sharif, Mecca Balsam • Slumberhouse Vikt, Baque • MDCI Invasion Barbare, Chypre Palatin • Nicolδi NY, Vie de Chateau Intense, L'Eau Mixte • Dior Leather Oud & Patchouli Imperial • Chanel Sycomore • Guerlain Derby, Songe d'un Bois d'Ete • MFK Oud Cashmere Mood • Ormonde Jayne Man

I've been searching for an Amouage that's wearable during the day in a fairly casual work environment. Ciel and Honour fit the bill in the warmer months. Opus I, Opus VI, and Jub XXV work with judicious application during cooler months. Epic is too overwhelming most of the time...

Enter Interlude Man.

For me this is a very nice alternative. I prefer Interlude's incense over Jub XXV and Epic. The Interlude dry down has a darker incense vibe with smoke, amber, sandalwood, patchouli, and vanilla. Very nice and very different! This is quickly becoming my favorite, wearable Amouage.
    Last edited by himalaya; 8th September 2012 at 01:39 PM.

You must be joking if Interlude's longevity is a problem. I can only tolerate 1 spray max.

Got myself a bottle yesterday. I think it would be a phenomenon in a year or less. It has the signature incense note of the house as usual. So if you're an Amouage hater, you'll definitely hate this one. But it's not a dissapointing fragrance for me. Leather interpretation in the middle notes could be harsh for someone. For this reason, i recommend giving a full wearing for a final judgemnent instead of a wrist test since it projects enormously and can be annoying when the nose is close. Use with caution because it's a 2 sprays max or can be hazardous type of scent

Quote Originally Posted by Homura View Post
    You must be joking if Interlude's longevity is a problem. I can only tolerate 1 spray max.
    Wasn't joking but giving initial impressions. Perhaps it was olfactory fatigue but Interlude seemed to die down pretty fast. I can now say that longevity is not a problem.

My first impression: excellent, can't stop sniffing! If it doesn't disappoint me in the later stages, this could very well be my next purchase! Could indeed be a "Very Best Of" Jubilation, Memoir Man, Epic Man and Opus VI - much more versatile and wearable then any of them.

I think it's a love at first sniff - please don't let me down in the, like some others of your family did...

Quote Originally Posted by Nasenmann View Post
    My first impression: excellent, can't stop sniffing! If it doesn't disappoint me in the later stages, this could very well be my next purchase! Could indeed be a "Very Best Of" Jubilation, Memoir Man, Epic Man and Opus VI - much more versatile and wearable then any of them.

I think it's a love at first sniff - please don't let me down in the, like some others of your family did...
    +1

After a full wearing, I can say this is what I've been looking for from an Amouge incense: dark and sultry. Bravo!

I wore this yesterday and I'm going to add my impressions on the fragrance:

On first application I'm picking up a slight bergamont and a overwhelming pungent smell of oregana.

This oregana smell's like a cross between a earthy warm kitchen spice and a pot plant. What's worse is that a dose of pepper has been added to give it a harsh edge.

Now lets call it a "kitchen spice accord" which I find very overwhelming and cloying. After a while it gets sweeter and a incense note starts to appear from the heart of the composition.

As time moves forward I can pick up leather with the incense note becoming more dominant.Though that earthy peppery "kitchen spice accord" is still there (no getting away from it.lol).

The fragrance is smoky and spicy in a balmy way which is starting to become more sweeter.

As we move into the basenotes I'm smelling a smoky incense with a slight sweet amber mixed in with the "kitchen spice accord" which has mellowed at this stage.

IN CONCLUSION

I'm not really liking this as the "kitchen spice accord" really overwhelms everthing else. And it smells like something that should be on a pizza or put into a curry. And its something I do not want to smell like.

If I was to sum up the frag it would be this:

" A earthy peppery kitchen spice and incense fragrance that is joined by amber to sweeten the harshness".

Gave it a couple more wearings n just could not stand it. Felt abit like throwing up

to those who tried Byredo's Baudelaire... is Interlude man similar to it in any way ?

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    to those who tried Byredo's Baudelaire... is Interlude man similar to it in any way ?
    To me, the two are pretty different.

Here are my most recent thoughts about it after giving it another wear:

SotD: Amouage Interlude Man

It's rich, multi-layered, sweet without being cloying, employs a clever use of a green culinary note, is creative and distinctive, technically sound (as far as I am able to judge such criteria), has great longevity and just-right projection, AND... I don't like it.

Well, that's not true. I like it, but don't love it, and don't feel compelled to wear it anymore. I'm not sure why that is; it's either just too polished and agreeable - the nice guy who always responds "Whatever you want to do, dear" when his significant other asks him what he'd like to do, or perhaps, somehow, it's personality is simply too close - has too many parallels - with my own, if you'll allow me this case of odd and extreme olfactory-anthropomorphism. It's like having a discussion with someone who agrees with you on every single point down to the minutiae; you quickly realize there's no reason to talk at all.

The thought that it might be the latter makes me reconsider just what qualities would comprise the true holy grail. The thought that it's some odd mix of both scares me the most - I don't want to be *that* guy.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

Banned

On first application I'm picking up a slight bergamont and a overwhelming pungent smell of oregana.

This oregana smell's like a cross between a earthy warm kitchen spice and a pot plant. What's worse is that a dose of pepper has been added to give it a harsh edge.

Now lets call it a "kitchen spice accord" which I find very overwhelming and cloying. After a while it gets sweeter and a incense note starts to appear from the heart of the composition.

As time moves forward I can pick up leather with the incense note becoming more dominant.Though that earthy peppery "kitchen spice accord" is still there (no getting away from it.lol).

The fragrance is smoky and spicy in a balmy way which is starting to become more sweeter.

As we move into the basenotes I'm smelling a smoky incense with a slight sweet amber mixed in with the "kitchen spice accord" which has mellowed at this stage.

IN CONCLUSION

I'm not really liking this as the "kitchen spice accord" really overwhelms everthing else. And it smells like something that should be on a pizza or put into a curry. And its something I do not want to smell like.

" A earthy peppery kitchen spice and incense fragrance that is joined by amber to sweeten the harshness".
    @ Jack Hunter - An interesting take.

Fascinating how extreme the differences in perception are with this one.

My nose must suck because I'm really enjoying this one... On the other hand, I did just have 4 shots of Johnny Walker Blue Label.

Been giving this another chance and am beginning to fall for it. It's just a bit TOO strong imo.

Anyhow, I can't believe no one has said this yet: the woods/leather/smoke accord, coupled with the spice - is really quite similar to Puredistance M. There's a bit more sweetness here, and Interlude is more 'playful and joyful', but the basic accord is really quite similar.

As for those who say that Amouage is on a downward trend, I just don't get that. Interlude (Man AND Woman) are a huge step up from Honour and are on par with the best of the house.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

my best buy this year..250 euros well spent!
    ...This used to be real estate.....Now it's only fields and trees......Where, where is the town now?
    It's nothing but flowers......

I absolute love several scents by Amouage including Interlude. (wear it today)
    But i am afraid that Amouage is on a downward trend regarding their sales points,
    I recently discovered it's even for sale at Douglass in Europe.
    Not really a store for an exclusive brand like Amouage

I really don't know what happened but somehow I grew to dislike it shortly after I had a full bottle of Interlude Man. Initially I was really digging this but the incense-oud-amber versus bergamot-cistus now rub me the wrong way. I already sold away my bottle. One of those occasional 180°s for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Georgio View Post
    I absolute love several scents by Amouage including Interlude. (wear it today)
    But i am afraid that Amouage is on a downward trend regarding their sales points,
    I recently discovered it's even for sale at Douglass in Europe.
    Not really a store for an exclusive brand like Amouage
    maybe they want to go mainstream?!
    ...This used to be real estate.....Now it's only fields and trees......Where, where is the town now?

Well, wether you like it or not, Interlude Man is not a mainstream fragrance. Also, Amouage isn't sold in the smaller Douglas-stores, probably just the flagship stores in the big cities. They also sell other "niche" stuff like Lutens and Co.

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    Been giving this another chance and am beginning to fall for it. It's just a bit TOO strong imo.

Anyhow, I can't believe no one has said this yet: the woods/leather/smoke accord, coupled with the spice - is really quite similar to Puredistance M. There's a bit more sweetness here, and Interlude is more 'playful and joyful', but the basic accord is really quite similar.

As for those who say that Amouage is on a downward trend, I just don't get that. Interlude (Man AND Woman) are a huge step up from Honour and are on par with the best of the house.

Agreed. Really enjoying Interlude.

Basenotes Member

[QUAgreed. Wanred to sell mine att first but have since fallen for it.
    OTE=SculptureOfSoul;2787717]Been giving this another chance and am beginning to fall for it. It's just a bit TOO strong imo.

As for those who say that Amouage is on a downward trend, I just don't get that. Interlude (Man AND Woman) are a huge step up from Honour and are on par with the best of the house.[/QUOTE]
    My top ten: Jubilation XXV, Memoir Man, Egoiste, Aventus, Royal Oud, Amber Absolute, Kouros, Musc Ravageur, Erolfa, Tuscan Leather.

Basenotes Member

The subjective nature of smell is simply fascinating.

Last night I was eager to finally try this out as a sales associate had given me a generous decant. Unfortunately, as Jack Hunter eloquently describes, I could not get over the kitchen spice, smoke, peppery-like accord which never sits well with me. To my horror, I had to run in to check on our crying baby a few minutes after first application last night (one spray to my wrist) and had picked her up and given her a consolatory hug without thinking. As I put her back down sleeping and left the room, I immediately realized I had just inadvertently shared Interlude with her and her bed sheet and her swaddle blanket for the whole night. This morning her room still smelled like Interlude, and I am a terrible parent for having her endure it for a whole night.

I'm glad others enjoy it, but this one is definitely not for me.

IN CONCLUSION

I haven't yet smelled Interlude, but all this talk of Oregano, allspice, smoke, pepper, and designer amber bases at true EDP strength just serves to further stall my testing it.

I premptively fear Interlude is exactly the kind of overthought, posing disaster, that has been the direction the house is going in. There is no joy. No optimism. Everything recently has been some somber, smoldering, angry culinary meditation of sorrow and loss. Last scent that really grabbed me from their line was XXV.

True opulence is not at all contemplatively miserable. Or discordant. Or bitter. It's comfortable. Content. Confident. Perhaps the zeitgeist of the "new wealth" is being portrayed here by amouage?

Nah.

I received a sample of this awhile ago and have had a couple wearings. The initial accord which lingers throughout the duration is quite a bold statement. A strong spice accord, fronted by a pungent pimento (allspice) aroma. Some incense and a subtle touch of amber join in later on. I draw an association with PG Coze, but less dry, no cocoa, and much more depth. Also, I can see the connection to Puredistance M, it holds a sort of mature contemplative vibe. I think it's a good fragrance, but for my personal preference, if the allspice was less dominant and played off the other notes more it could have been a true stunner.

I've only sampled this once, but I'm not a fan so far.

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    I haven't yet smelled Interlude, but all this talk of Oregano, allspice, smoke, pepper, and designer amber bases at true EDP strength just serves to further stall my testing it.

I premptively fear Interlude is exactly the kind of overthought, posing disaster, that has been the direction the house is going in. There is no joy. No optimism. Everything recently has been some somber, smoldering, angry culinary meditation of sorrow and loss. Last scent that really grabbed me from their line was XXV.

True opulence is not at all contemplatively miserable. Or discordant. Or bitter. It's comfortable. Content. Confident. Perhaps the zeitgeist of the "new wealth" is being portrayed here by amouage?

Nah.
    Dullah, I think the Interlude duo are as close to a 'return to form' as you'll see from the house. Woman is sparkling and lively. Ostensibly discordant but once you examine it closely you realize it's actually just an ingenious composition and the complexity of it is beyond most noses, and thus can appear discordant. Man is actually similar except it's almost harder to tease apart as where Woman's notes are analogous to a very complex geometric form, Man is more watercolor. I don't mean it's light or translucent, just that the edge where one note ends and another begins is so well blended that it can be hard to pick them apart. This, coupled with the heavier notes, gives man a density that woman doesn't have - gives Interlude Man a density of say Epic (or even Gold), but the strong amber and other more uplifting notes (and sweetness) echo the (excuse me) jubilant nature of Jubilation.

I wouldn't call Interlude bitter, either. The oregano in the opening is a bit spicy - even a bit pot-like (yes, there's a slight hint of Kinski in this!) but overall Interlude Man definitely embodies the traits you are looking for: comfortable, content, confident.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone else picking up a honey note in this about 2-3 hours in, when the amber accord really begins to gain momentum? I definitely get honey - a slightly dirty/sexy honey. That sweetness is more than just vanilla to my nose.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

Great description as always, SoS. Indeed there is a honey note develops later into the drydown. Amouage certainly are back on track after the disappointment of Honour

Indeed they are! While I don't think Interlude Man or Woman will top Memoir Man as my favorite from the house, I think they are the best duo that Amouage has put out... possibly ever. Up there with the Gold duo in richness, complexity, and "Amouage-ness."
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

whenever you are wearing Amouage..them Ladies know...!

Interlude Man reminds me of some kind of roasted nuts. It smells delicious but I'd get bored if I were to use it every day. Not that I would do that, though...
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

Cool Re: Amouage Interlude Man - 2012

Quote Originally Posted by LloydLlewellyn View Post
    Interlude Man reminds me of some kind of roasted nuts. It smells delicious but I'd get bored if I were to use it every day. Not that I would do that, though...
    wearing the same scent everyday is boring just like wearing the same dress everyday, after all it's a scent not an uniform

my tune may change, but at least for now I'll take Ambre Sultan all day over Interlude Man.

Dullah, I think the Interlude duo are as close to a 'return to form' as you'll see from the house. Woman is sparkling and lively. Ostensibly discordant but once you examine it closely you realize it's actually just an ingenious composition and the complexity of it is beyond most noses, and thus can appear discordant. Man is actually similar except it's almost harder to tease apart as where Woman's notes are analogous to a very complex geometric form, Man is more watercolor. I don't mean it's light or translucent, just that the edge where one note ends and another begins is so well blended that it can be hard to pick them apart. This, coupled with the heavier notes, gives man a density that woman doesn't have - gives Interlude Man a density of say Epic (or even Gold), but the strong amber and other more uplifting notes (and sweetness) echo the (excuse me) jubilant nature of Jubilation.

I wouldn't call Interlude bitter, either. The oregano in the opening is a bit spicy - even a bit pot-like (yes, there's a slight hint of Kinski in this!) but overall Interlude Man definitely embodies the traits you are looking for: comfortable, content, confident.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone else picking up a honey note in this about 2-3 hours in, when the amber accord really begins to gain momentum? I definitely get honey - a slightly dirty/sexy honey. That sweetness is more than just vanilla to my nose.
    SWMBO and myself went on a snowboarding trip this last week. She Loves Interlude Man and I had a tester that I was bringing for myself so I obtained Interlude Women for her. Her first reaction was a large smile and the word "mayhem" when smelling the Women. LOL I agree... I also get a honey note in both, more so the women then man but both have it. I also think the women could very easily be worn by a man.
    I completely agree with your take on them both. They are excellent frags and after we both wore them during the week SWMBO decided she wanted it. (thank god I finally got her off the Chan 5!!! Well putting brad pitt for the pitch person helped with that also!)
    We really enjoyed wearing them together.

Awesome story! Not too surprised she loved the woman - it is *indeed* mayhem, but a controlled chaos. And the best part about that is that it's always interesting to wear; there's always something new to pick up.

Somehow with Man... I do like the smell and I honestly think it is one of the best compositions I've ever smelled (rich, dense, beautiful layers and interesting juxtapositions) but it seems I always get sick of it before the day is up. Maybe it's just too strong? I tend not to like overly thick/dense frags though, so that's surely part of it, too. It's rare that I try to have a separate 'objective review' of a fragrance (because none of us can truly be objective, and besides, what's the point?) but I do feel the need to make the distinction between how good I think the composition is versus my enjoyment of it, simply because I really do think the composition is wonderful and I can understand why so many do/will love it.

I'd love to smell this pair together. I might try that layering some time. And yes, Woman is quite unisex. I've worn it a number of times and have not felt self conscious at all (things like Fahrenheit 32 or Fleur du Male are more feminine, imo!)

Quote Originally Posted by str8shooter View Post
    SWMBO and myself went on a snowboarding trip this last week. She Loves Interlude Man and I had a tester that I was bringing for myself so I obtained Interlude Women for her. Her first reaction was a large smile and the word "mayhem" when smelling the Women. LOL I agree... I also get a honey note in both, more so the women then man but both have it. I also think the women could very easily be worn by a man.
    I completely agree with your take on them both. They are excellent frags and after we both wore them during the week SWMBO decided she wanted it. (thank god I finally got her off the Chan 5!!! Well putting brad pitt for the pitch person helped with that also!)
    We really enjoyed wearing them together.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

Agree completely on Interlude Woman, Sculpture - I find it to be a terrific summer pick-me-up. It seems to have a zing about it that I also find in the earlier stages of Myrrhe et Delires (Guerlain). It makes me think of a cool fresh ginger in amongst some bright pear (maybe) and a few other lighter notes - quite a sophisticated and exotic cocktail of ingredients.

My appreciation for Interlude Man has . . . appreciated . . . since I bought it back at the launch. It performs beautifully in the Asian summer heat.

Wearing Interlude Man again and enjoying it a lot this time. It's been a weird ride with this scent. Despite getting sick of it before the day was over with my last few wearings, I couldn't stop thinking about it when I wasn't wearing it. This has been the most enjoyable wearing so far and thankfully despite one more spray than usual it doesn't feel too strong for once. I know it usually takes a wearing or two for my nose to fully acclimate to a scent, but it seems it's taking longer with Interlude. That's ok though as it has been an interesting ride!
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

Wearing Interlude Man again and enjoying it a lot this time. It's been a weird ride with this scent. Despite getting sick of it before the day was over with my last few wearings, I couldn't stop thinking about it when I wasn't wearing it. This has been the most enjoyable wearing so far and thankfully despite one more spray than usual it doesn't feel too strong for once. I know it usually takes a wearing or two for my nose to fully acclimate to a scent, but it seems it's taking longer with Interlude. That's ok though as it has been an interesting ride!
    It is such a heavy scent I find I am still learning what it has in it's bag of tricks. It is one of the frag's that I can only do 1-2 sprays. Any more and it is overkill and becomes a fog of WMD around me!!! (weapon of mass destruction)
    Woman weaves in and out of the honey accord so often that it feels much lighter then man. I almost feel like man is a night frag and woman is more a day frag.

In my case it was just the other way round.