Code of Conduct
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Default Re: Amouage Interlude Man - 2012

Just tried this amongst several other fragrances. I actually wasn't expecting to really like it, due to some reviews I've seen. But "holy smokes" (Mymickers!), this stuff is AWESOME!!! Amouage is SOOO consistent! I am not big on leather, but the leather in this is blended so nicely with the vanilla and other gourmand notes in it. Just classy! I plan to order a few of the 2 ml vials from parfumsraffy.

Just get the bottle!!! Great juice!
    It's one of my top 3-5 EDP
    Quote Originally Posted by Larwiz View Post
    Just tried this amongst several other fragrances. I actually wasn't expecting to really like it, due to some reviews I've seen. But "holy smokes" (Mymickers!), this stuff is AWESOME!!! Amouage is SOOO consistent! I am not big on leather, but the leather in this is blended so nicely with the vanilla and other gourmand notes in it. Just classy! I plan to order a few of the 2 ml vials from parfumsraffy.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." – Winston Churchill

a great fragrance and a beast

Just tried a sample of Interlude. A very nice fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by Larwiz View Post
    Just tried this amongst several other fragrances. I actually wasn't expecting to really like it, due to some reviews I've seen. But "holy smokes" (Mymickers!), this stuff is AWESOME!!! Amouage is SOOO consistent! I am not big on leather, but the leather in this is blended so nicely with the vanilla and other gourmand notes in it. Just classy!
    I love this one as well. I was put off by early reviews as well. I expected a worse version of the ash-bomb that was Memoir man. When I finally tested it, I got alot more dried fruits, sweet resins, and vanillic notes than expected. And yes, the leather note is not gasoline infested or rubbery like as DHI. It's more of a buttersoft suede.

It's my favorite of all the dark incense scents Amouage makes. And while I definitely rank Homage above it, it's neck and neck with Jubilation XXV and Ciel Man for my favorite Amouage EDP.

Dullah, your description is spot on! But I think it's waaaay better than JXXV. Reflection will probably always be my favorite Amouage (and fragrance period), but man, Interlude is really giving it some competition.

i agree that interlude is much better than jubilation which is light and smells like dried figs.
    Last edited by joov84; 14th March 2013 at 08:18 PM.

I think I prefer it to Jubilation. Still trying with samples before I decant or get a bottle though.
    Last edited by socalwoman; 26th March 2013 at 10:11 AM.

I get 80% A*men Pure Leather (Les Parfums de cuir) and 20% CDG Avignon from Interlude man. Wife thought it was Pure Leather. Anybody else gets that?

Interlude Man is my favorite by Amouage. If it had less oregano, it would easily be my all time favorite fragrance.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

First time I'd seen the thread. Great job as always mr reasonable. There's a lot of quality about Interlude Man and it's a lot of fun. Big, fun fragrance with a little mystery. Not bad. Rare to be able to say it.

Thanks, pluran.

Quote Originally Posted by pluran View Post
    First time I'd seen the thread. Great job as always mr reasonable. There's a lot of quality about Interlude Man and it's a lot of fun. Big, fun fragrance with a little mystery. Not bad. Rare to be able to say it.
    "Big" and "fun" are great words to describe this one, at least from my initial experience with it. It's still very much an Amouage, and a big, high-quality oriental, but it is indeed somehow easy-going, or at least very amiable, despite all that's going on with it. I think a bottle is in my near future.

onethinline, you summed up many of my thoughts on Interlude Man. I used to think it had too much oregano - but one day, the whole composition clicked with me, and it's been my favorite ever since. Interlude is deceptive in that, in the bottle, it seems more challenging than it is on skin. I love the stuff. Oh, and speaking of the bottle... it's a work of art.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Agree with the bottle as a work of art it is one of my favorites to look at in my possession. My favorite from Amouage smell great and lasts eons.

After finishing my first bottle last year, I bought a new 100ml Interlude today. Last months Parfums de Marly/Herod had to do it (vanilla/tobacco); very nice also, but completely different from Interlude (ofcourse not the same longevity and silage, but very nice subdued vanilla/sweet). I have tried various Amouages in the past but I obviously cannot resist Interlude, so I'm very happy to be back!

Absolutely my favorite Amouage. One of my favorites of all time.

I believe there is now a soap.

Big, clean fun
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
    ― Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Mujana View Post
    After finishing my first bottle last year, I bought a new 100ml Interlude today. Last months Parfums de Marly/Herod had to do it (vanilla/tobacco); very nice also, but completely different from Interlude (ofcourse not the same longevity and silage, but very nice subdued vanilla/sweet). I have tried various Amouages in the past but I obviously cannot resist Interlude, so I'm very happy to be back!
    Nice taste! Herod and Interlude....
    Enjoy it!
    My most favorite scents that I can't be without:
    Givenchy Xeryus Rouge
    Dior Homme Intense
    Fahrenheit

Smile Re: Amouage Interlude Man - 2012

Quote Originally Posted by nfn1983 View Post
    Nice taste! Herod and Interlude....
    Enjoy it!
    Thank you!
    I think, Herod is the best smell from Parfums de Marly...I even layered Herod with Interlude for a short while:-)
    Herod is finished now..back to Interlude pure:-)...great!