Code of Conduct

Default Article: Slumberhouse launch Pear+Olive and discontinue Flou.

Default Re: Article: Slumberhouse launch Pear+Olive and discontinue Flou.

I want that bottle. Very nice!
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Dependent

aglaia aka chinese perfume tree is such a rare ingredient. matched up with the rest of these accords, it should prove a fascinating composition

Holy cow! I sampled this today and I have never smelled anything like this. Yes, I do get an olive note which sounds weird, but it seems to crate an oily creaminess which blends with a sweetness like I have never experienced before. Somewhat bizarre and "airy" and light yet with a solid base that keeps coming back in wafts. Like all I have sampled from Slumberhouse, a unique scent, less heavy than many of their others. I may just have to get a bottle of this one. Nothing like it out there.

Basenotes Plus

Oh yeah-Pear & Olive is extremely wearable art. The perfumer was in a happy place for this one. I bought the .5 oz blind and reviewed this over the weekend and gave a big thumbs UP.

Well, I had to order a sample now. Looking forward to trying this one.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh wow, this is a good one. Thumbs up. The pear is so juicy and delish, best pear I have sniffed. When I opened the package it was in, I noticed a very nice, almost tropical & creamy, semi-coconutty aroma and I was like whoa, is that from sample??! It's juicy, soft, dewy, a little oily, creamy, smooth and sweet, very nice! The opening is super yum! It's the feeling like I just sliced a very ripened juicy pear. Then I get a creamy, oily, concentrated olive and sweet herbal notes. Thanks guys for talking me into getting this sample. I wish that initial, juicy pear note would last for hours!

Edit: The creamy dry down doesn't do it for me, that would be my only thing I don't like about it, just cause I don't care for certain, somewhat lingering, sweet creaminess in my fumes, so just personal taste there. I like a little cream but usually not a cream that sticks around for a while. It's not something my nose likes. Actually, the dry down kind of reminds me of Burberry Brit Holiday Edition, whatever that was? It was a limited edition. Or a Burberry Brit EDT, one of those, pretty sure. So, I really don't like that aspect, but I do love the pear, the herbal and the olive...
    Last edited by kalli; 14th July 2012 at 12:06 AM.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Where is this available for sale I've checked the Slumberhouse website and found nothing regarding the sale of this frag
    ---------------------
    Never mind, I was able to secure the last 0.5oz on Amazon via Perfume1. I hope this is a good blind buy :-/ It's pretty expensive on a per oz basis.
    Last edited by rynegne; 30th July 2012 at 01:15 PM.

I could do with a lot less sweet in the drydown...