Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Junkie anomie et ivoire's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default AA-- Angel's Anonymous: Can the Angel superfans report on the extras?

Does anyone have a big Angel stash or particularly notable Angel collection? Could you share which items are the best of the best and which are too hilarious to be true? How does the scent of each product vary?

- - - Updated - - -

Background: As a fragrance newcomer, I just tried Angel for the first time last month, having never been exposed to its wild popularity of yore. I don't care how trashy, loud, and pre-purge bulimic this frag is, it has a high-decadence gothic, mass culture appeal to me like a 60s girl group song, and so many of us agree it was a classic that is fascinatingly executed.

Of highest kitschy glam appeal includes not so much the flankers but the silly bath products, hair fragrance, etc. When I tried the lotion with Angel, I couldn't help but want to own every single possible Angel accessory. It's so wrong, it's right. I'm ready to join the cult of Angel and to ride this one to the stars 'till I inevitably grow totally tired of its extremity.

Default Re: AA-- Angel's Anonymous: Can the Angel superfans report on the extras?

Hi, Anomie! I am definitely and Angel superfan. :-) Thanks chiefly to my DH, who adores the stuff on me, I own virtually every product they make or have made in the last five years. Forthwith, my impressions:

EDP: Like Kellogg's Corn Flakes, this is the original and best. When in doubt, wear the EDP. Be aware that Angel seems to wear best after it has aged a bit. I find that once the jus starts to turn from blue to green, it's at its best. A little aging time seems to allow the ingredients to blend and mellow.

Body cream: Wonderful stuff, very true to the scent. If you like the opening of Angel (I happen to love the drydown best, but it's all good to my nose) then this may extend those notes for you without being rude. To me, the patchouli in Angel seems to be "front loaded" as opposed to in the drydown, and the body cream to me is closest to the drydown. My only complaint with the body cream is the ridiculous excess in packaging. I am by no means a crunchy granola zealot, but the packaging, while lovely, is well and truly too much.

The hand cream is very similar to the body cream, but richer in texture. It is very highly scented--you may attract a crowd just by using it alone. :-)

Body oil: Also great, with a lovely texture. Not too greasy, but a little goes a long way.

Hair spray: Very, very patchouli heavy. It's like having the opening blast all day long. I dislike it, but I have hung onto it nonetheless.

Lotion: Really, as long as the body cream is in production (it's a superior product in every way), there is no need unless you have really oily skin. When I've gotten it for free, I've used it to mix with unscented body lotion on warmer days when I don't want to leave a vapor trail.

Shower gel: A great product contained in the most frustrating packaging known to man. The plastic bottle os shaped like the star (of course) but is so sturdy that one can barely squeeze it in the shower or out. I have complained about it to whomever will listen, because not only is it inconvenient, but the packaging is wasteful as well. I refuse to buy iot again until they change it.

Body powder: LOVE. It comes either in a shaker or in a puff, but no matter what the form, it's sparkly. I lovelovelove sparkly, and I adore powder in all forms. The texture is sooooo smooth.

Parfum extrait: I buy (or, more correctly, Mr. Diva buys) the limited edition bottle every year for collecting purposes only. The extrait is so strong and so rich that I find it nearlhy impossible to wear in even the tiniest doses. Somehow it just doesn't work like the EDP does.

EDT: A completely different scent altogether, and one that I really enjoy. They've taken out a lot of the patchouli and put in a dose of citrus and salty notes. It really does work, as long as you don't expect it to smell anything like the EDP. Love.

I hope thius helps--I didn't expect to go on at such length! I guess my love for Angel shows a bit, huh?

Blog Entries

Default Re: AA-- Angel's Anonymous: Can the Angel superfans report on the extras?

Altodiva, how can one not go on about Angel, that most talented and unique of rock stars? Totally obsession-worthy.

What about the liqueur as opposed to the extrait?

Thanks for the fantastic guide. You're an angel.

Blog Entries

My name is Fleurine, and I am an Angelaholic. The EdP is my drug of choice BUT I also have the perfume solid in a NECKLACE...Haven't worn that one yet. Plus, the liquer, the extrait and the EdT. I have had the hair mist, the body lotion and a candle, I think, in the past...The parfum is more (very) chocolately. I have also owned Rose Angel from the garden of stars collection. I wish Redneck Perfumisto would post here...he has some awesome Angel 411.
    Let me resniff my Angel babies and update with better information!
    Not afraid of Angel-drama at all, bring it!
    Last edited by Fleurine; 28th June 2012 at 06:42 PM.

Alto and Fleurine, thanks bunches, very valuable reports.

Here's some Angel Drama: Famed Doctor Redneck Purfumistico (Purfumisto to most) once revived me from a spell of extended dementia that involved, among other things, if I remember correctly, my being perfectly convinced that I had somehow *become* Norma Shearer, and, furthermore, possessed the capacity of flight. This state of affairs lasted for several days and, if I recall, began in a bath tub and ended in a dressing room, where in I was delicately restricted for movement by velvet ribbons, in order that any spasms might be avoided over the course of the cure, which consisted of Angel Eau de Parfum delivered directly into my nostrils through a device designed by [COLOR=""]Dr. Perfumistico[/COLOR] himself: It was made of brown leather, and resembled a kind of head-harness, with tubes fitted directly into each nostril, and a rubber mouth bit. Many people watched as the illustrious Doctor arrived, unfurled his device, properly secured me in an upright position with the help of my assistant and several friends, (one of whom has since been banned from BN, which is fascinating as he was certainly one of the finest collaborators the site has ever seen, even recognized by it with awards and such) then dexteriously strapped the device to my head, inserted the rubber bit into my mouth, and gently inserted a tube into each nostril: I remember none of this as I had been asleep at that point for several days, having an outer body experience in the guise of a forgotten actress of great beauty: This, I do remember. Once the contraption was in place, The Good Doctor hooked it up to a bottle of Angel Eau de Parfum, and flipped on the switch: The device was battery operated. Within five seconds, as it was reported by all who witnessed the intervention, I was wide awake, back inside my body, so to speak, and roaring mad with anger. My friends all being largely prepared for this, I was soothed soon enough with a cup of Yorkshire tea containing a bit of soy milk and a teaspoon full of maple sirup. However, as soon as I had my wits about me, I first went on a rampage to have the entire interior of my home re-decorated, floor to ceiling, in hopes of removing the stench. When this plan failed miserably, I then shaved off all of my hair, as well as my beard. The stench still somehow lingering inside of me, when in fact I had been convinced it permeated only the outside, I then resorted to leaving my home, and all of my friends behind, to embark on a trip, unplanned and unexpected, across the Atlantic Ocean, where, on the other side, I knew of a spa that might finally be able to get it out: Fortunately for me, by the time I reached the airport, this haunting internal stench finally seemed to have faded; However....I went any way.
    "...a Chacun son Mauvais Gout."

I never took to Angel, but took to Angel Violette, a flanker. The Pivoine is also nice.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Blog Entries

Oh how I long for Perfumistico's patented Angel gimp mask. Alas, it could never be enough to satisfy the craving. iv drips, catheters, an Angel-powered update of a certain machine from Barbarella as created by the OG Duran Duran.

MdM's rest cure-cum-electroshock treatment could nary induce the neo-vapors I so long for...Angel takes me into the bardo state, not out of it (certainly Bardot is nowhere in evidence, so perhaps that's why your Jickyness bristles so). "I'm not addicted to drugs, I'm addicted to glamour."

happy is the bleu heart<3

Also an Angel SuperFan here! Like Altodiva and Fleurine, I prefer Angel EDP for my Angel fix.

I think I have probably tried all the body products over the years with most being very good. I didn't particularly like the lotion, it felt a little thin and the scent was not as true, IMO. The body cream is heavenly! I adore the body oil, the sheen it adds to bare legs is worth its weight in gold. But my most favorite of the line is the powder. Not only is it sparkly ... it is BLUE sparkly! Don't be afraid, it is a subtle sparkly, NOT glitter-y! Very wearable.

A word of caution: I think the body products scent has been tweeked in the last two years or so ... They seem to be more fruity and less traditional Angel. I seem to remember that more cherry was added? I'm not exactly sure where I heard this though.

Angel Liqueur de Parfum is wonderful and if you can find some, grab it! It is Angel with cherry pipe tobacco added ... it's very rich and a little smoky.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Blog Entries

I have purse (round and shiny silver colored) that look like this, as well as the world-famous necklace, that also looks like this, but more oval and smaller. Shades is right about the Liquer, it is very nice and not quite as heavy (although plenty heavy) as the parfum which is very chocolatey. You know I need to start wearing Angel more...Plus I want the powder and body oil now...