Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default What do you get out of L'Instant Extreme?

I have just finished my 1ml sample of L'Instant Extreme and I'm wondering why this fragrance gets so much love. On my skin I get predominantly patchouli through the life of the fragrance and that's about it... the first time I wore it I did get some kind of orange note, but never again. I don't particularly get a gourmand feel from the fragrance, other than that orange note which I only ever got a whiff of once.

What are you guys getting out of this fragrance?

Default Re: What do you get out of L'Instant Extreme?

Chocolate, licorice, and patchouli. I'm not too crazy about it, either, but I don't like chocolate fragrances much.

I get a dull citrus up top, followed by a non-gourmand cocoa butter and washed out patchouli base, with a hint of anise.
    As you can tell, I'm not a fan.

Basenotes Junkie

cocoa la nuit
    Last edited by Vince23heat; 10th April 2012 at 02:50 PM.

I get the following out of this wonderful fragrance :

It opens with a warm freshness of citrus and coco which the coco becomes more pronounced. For the first hour or so you get florals and woods pushing through the coco which is the dominant note and is gorgeous.

Then as the florals recede you notice the woods more behind the coco then drydown is just the heavenly coco and it has to be experienced. After many hours the basenotes come into play which is a vanille musk and that stays as a skin scent for a long time.

I get a amazing twelve hours longevity and any clothing your wearing is going to retain this scent even when I woke up the next day I could still smell its basenotes.

To sum up its complex and smells sensual and classy and lasts for ages. I will never be without this fragrance in my wardrobe as its just stunning.

Citrus and cocoa. Tacky and burning combination in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince23heat View Post
    its an old mature smelling la nuit to me

Maybe that's why I disliked L'Instant, I hate La Nuit

I get just a wonderful overall smell.

Not much.
    My top 16:

1. Joop! - Homme 2. Puredistance - M
    3. Tom Ford - Tobacco vanille 4. Tom Ford - Neroli portofino
    5. Tauer - L'air de desert marocaine 6. Armani Privé - Ambre orient
    7. Bond - Harrod's oud 8. Amouage - Jubilation XXV
    9. Parf. Brückner - Aoud 1 10. Clive Christian - X
    11.Xerjoff - Regio 12. Lush - Breath of God
    13. M.Micaleff - Art collec. 102 14. Armani Privé - Figuier eden
    15. Nasomatto - Pardon 16. Heeley - Oranges and lemons ...

I get patchouli, anise, and cocoa, and I love it!

Pardon

Quote Originally Posted by forfreddie View Post
    I get a dull citrus up top, followed by a non-gourmand cocoa butter and washed out patchouli base, with a hint of anise.
    As you can tell, I'm not a fan.

sounds like it got reformulated under the carpet

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post

It opens with a warm freshness of citrus and coco which the coco becomes more pronounced. For the first hour or so you get florals and woods pushing through the coco which is the dominant note and is gorgeous.

Then as the florals recede you notice the woods more behind the coco then drydown is just the heavenly coco and it has to be experienced. After many hours the basenotes come into play which is a vanille musk and that stays as a skin scent for a long time.

I get a amazing twelve hours longevity and any clothing your wearing is going to retain this scent even when I woke up the next day I could still smell its basenotes.

To sum up its complex and smells sensual and classy and lasts for ages. I will never be without this fragrance in my wardrobe as its just stunning.
    What Jack said... I like the regular version even more.
    “interpretation is the revenge of the intellect upon art.” - Susan Sontag

The non-gourmand cocoa is great

Basenotes Plus

I get a lot out of it. Admittedly it doesn't suit everyone. The vitriol aimed at it has definitely increased in proportion to it's popularity. When it was first released you could barely find a bad word against it, now it almost seems the opposite.
    To me it is a very pleasant, chocolaty cocoa gourmand. It's not one I automatically turn to these days as my love for it is not as it once was as my tastes has become more educated and varied, but if it was a choice between this and any of 50 generic frags found on the high street then L'Instant Extreme would win out every single time, and I suspect if you were honest, you would come to the same conclusion...
    Last edited by indianwells; 15th February 2012 at 05:15 PM.

I almost succumbed to the hype and ordered this blind. So glad I waited for a sample. The citrus/cocoa combination is just odd to my nose. I guess I don't care for cocoa.

A great description, I fully agree.

It has extreme longevity.
    I did a spray on the back of my neck around Christmas.
    Two months later, I can still smell it on the jacket!!!

I'm really trying, but at the moment: just wet, moldy soil.

When I smell this, the image I get in my head is a single white flower dusted with cocoa powder. Makes me smile every time I smell it.

Its on my 'to buy' list but I have a question to ask.

Is L'Instant EDP = L'Instant Extreme because nobody sells the two of these, either EDP or extreme.

I get the same thing i get from the EDT except less projection.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

Quote Originally Posted by bgoc View Post
    Its on my 'to buy' list but I have a question to ask.

Is L'Instant EDP = L'Instant Extreme because nobody sells the two of these, either EDP or extreme.
    Same.
    I would advise you not to waste time or money on the edp and just get the edt. after 30 min they smell the same and edt projects more.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*

Quote Originally Posted by indianwells View Post
    and I suspect if you were honest, you would come to the same conclusion...
    Are you suggesting that everyone who dislikes L'Instant Extreme isn't being honest? A lot of people on this forum like Terre d'Hermes but I can tell you one thing, the majority of people in their 20's aren't going to care for it, and they are being completely honest.

Now, I'm not saying I hate L'Instant Extreme, but on my skin it's a predominantly patchouli scent with little projection... but like I said I only had a 1ml sample, which is why I'm tempted to try it again because there were aspects of it which I did find interesting. There was a deal recently where you could get it for £40, if it gets that low again I might just buy it and sell it on if I don't like it.

Thanks for the reply but one things remains unclear. Is L'Instant EDP = L'Instant Extreme??

Thanks for the reply but one things remains unclear. Is L'Instant EDP = L'Instant Extreme??
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Eildor View Post
    Yes.
    this
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*

cocao / weird chocolatey bean

You see, this is why I think I need to try this fragrance again, because I don't think the fragrance developed on my skin for whatever reason.

Wait, so is the general consensus on here that the EDT projects more ??

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    Same.
    I would advise you not to waste time or money on the edp and just get the edt. after 30 min they smell the same and edt projects more.
    This

...and it smells like root beer

I agree with Jack !!!!!

Eau De Parfum on the box.

Quote Originally Posted by Stew View Post
    Haha... I did get a chocolate orange note on my first wearing which I thought was great, but I didn't get it on other wearings :/

Chocolate and patcholi, but not as gourmand as I expected. Not bad, but didn't wow me

Quote Originally Posted by Sol invictus View Post
    When I smell this, the image I get in my head is a single white flower dusted with cocoa powder. Makes me smile every time I smell it.
    Same here It makes me smile whenever I'd smell it on my way to work. I could still smell it 8 hrs after work.

So is the Extreme version not worth owning if you already own the original? I really like the original.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

^Imo they're too similar to own both, unless you're dissatisfied with the longevity of the edt.

Exactly this.

Well, I'm going to have to try get my hands on a bigger sample, defo want to give it another try.

I bought this fragrance last xmas i get an earthy cocoa from it and its a sublime fragrance.on me the projection of this fragrance is massive so much so i was told it could be smelt on me from 30 foot away-it just projects so amazingly well on myself and the longevity is just as amazing as the projection.

I <3 the bottle. So classy it hurts.

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

My sample ran out ages ago, but I've been sniffing the vial and I think I need to give this fragrance another try... I think I might just go ahead and buy a bottle, if I end up having to sell it for a small loss then so be it... better than paying £4 for a 1ml sample!

I get 1990's / dated topnotes that just put me off a bit. I love Guerlain, and this is high quality, but not for me.

It's my SOTD today. To me, it starts off smelling very different from the EDT version. It's less citrusy and more cocoa-y. Within half an hour it smells the way the EDT smells after 2 hours, when it hits the cocoa dry down. The cocoa is a little creamier and smoother. It sort of reminds me of the way Cocoa Krispies tastes when all that's left is the chocolatey milk. It's very nice and I like it quite a bit. Whereas the EDT is a sort of undercover gourmand, this one lets you know right off the bat that it's gonna smell good enough to eat.

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

I get pure awesomeness lol :P No seriously, I get a chocolaty, patchouli and a little citrus

Got my bottle today.

I love the top notes, then I get lots of patchouly + cocoa mixed with some jasmin. Delicious.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Pure long-lasting cocoa pleasure....
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

I've been wearing L'Instant Extreme for some days now and I still can't make up my mind about it... I don't particularly care for the top and I don't think the majority of people around my age would, it's far too earthy; now the dry down... I honestly don't know, an an hour into the fragrance I can't smell very much (3 sprays) -- maybe it's just my nose? Anyone else experience something similar? I mean, it must be there... I even get whiffs of it now 20 hours later but it's very light.

My first sample and first bottle were very spicy. And I also didnt get the gourmand people often talk about. however, after recently acquiring a couple of fresh stock bottles, I get a semi sweet cocoa note blended with fresh citrus woods/florals and spice. I like the opening more than the dry down. I get the entire fragrance at opening, later on the citrus just dies and the woods florals and spice take over until it fades. BTW this is a beast in the longevity dept, especially if you give on spray on shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Bachatu Man View Post
    My first sample and first bottle were very spicy. And I also didnt get the gourmand people often talk about. however, after recently acquiring a couple of fresh stock bottles, I get a semi sweet cocoa note blended with fresh citrus woods/florals and spice. I like the opening more than the dry down. I get the entire fragrance at opening, later on the citrus just dies and the woods florals and spice take over until it fades. BTW this is a beast in the longevity dept, especially if you give on spray on shirt.
    Spraying on clothes seems to prolong the top notes... and seeing how the top notes is my least favourite part of the fragrance it's not a good idea :P But yeah, I get the cocoa, but by the time the cocoa becomes the dominating note the fragrance has already died down quite a bit... or at least I think it has.

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Eildor View Post
    Spraying on clothes seems to prolong the top notes... and seeing how the top notes is my least favourite part of the fragrance it's not a good idea :P But yeah, I get the cocoa, but by the time the cocoa becomes the dominating note the fragrance has already died down quite a bit... or at least I think it has.
    +1.i get the cocoa after a while as well

Is it possible to overspray this one? I don't get that much projection, although I agree that it is long-lasting. The other day, I sprayed five or six times on arms, neck and chest, then put on my clothes. This is much more than I would use for many frags. But the effect was still rather soft. I did a fairly wet application to my hand, which can ruin something like Kouros or Paco Rabanne PH for me, but with LIDGE, it was still very pleasant, with no extreme of intensity. How much do you spray, and where?

this scent is so intoxicating to me

it's like sitting in a field of flowers on a warm summer day while it's raining chocolate.
    Last edited by psylence2k; 10th April 2012 at 06:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tsuzumi View Post
    Is it possible to overspray this one? I don't get that much projection, although I agree that it is long-lasting. The other day, I sprayed five or six times on arms, neck and chest, then put on my clothes. This is much more than I would use for many frags. But the effect was still rather soft. I did a fairly wet application to my hand, which can ruin something like Kouros or Paco Rabanne PH for me, but with LIDGE, it was still very pleasant, with no extreme of intensity. How much do you spray, and where?
    I only use two sprays, perhaps three if I'm feeling saucy, as this one really chokes me out if I use much more than that. The first time I wore it I did about six sprays and it nearly killed me; I found it very pronounced and potent, easily noticed despite being inside a smoky bar.

I think it's about time I go out to test this one.
    ...what do you guys think - EdT or EdP first?

...normally: a very good mood...!

to my nose L'Instant Extreme smells like a cherry cough syrup with a hint of cocoa/chocolate. Funny thing, I don't own a bottle, just sample, but I like to use a drop of it from time to time

Basenotes Member

Cocoa

Quote Originally Posted by psylence2k View Post
    this scent is so intoxicating to me

it's like sitting in a field of flowers on a warm summer day while it's raining chocolate.
    this