Code of Conduct
    Sur la Plage

Default New Fragrance: Olfactive Studio Lumière Blanche

From nstperfume.com:

French niche line Olfactive Studio has launched Lumière Blanche:

A mild and enveloping perfume, Lumière Blanche is a comforting cocoon, between milky mildness and cold spices. It evokes the sweltering heat from the sun at the zenith, which erases colors, leaving only a blinding white hue; it surprises with its spicy freshness. For its creator, “Lumière Blanche is a fragrance with beautifully contrasting hot and cold notes”; a whirlwind of light and freshness followed by milky mildness and a distinct, warm, and sensual end note.

Lumière Blanche was developed by perfumer Sidonie Lancesseur; notes include cardamom, star anise, cinnamon, iris, almond milk, cashmere woods, cedarwood, sandalwood, tonka bean and white musks.

Olfactive Studio Lumière Blanche is available in 50 and 100 ml Eau de Parfum.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Default Re: New Fragrance: Olfactive Studio Lumière Blanche

Sounds interesting.

Thanks for the tip. Let's hope this is not as dull as the other fragrances from this house...

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Basenotes Institution

This sounds so nice. Spicy, milky, cool. Yum!
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Sounds interesting but I must admit my interest wanes every time I read white musk in fragrance notes.

I bought it today. Very interesting as a concept of 'contrast'. Scentwise, it is like they took SL 'Jeaux de Peau' and poured almond milk through it and then let it dry in the wind. A bit too fleeting, but that's part of the beauty.

Basenotes Institution

Oh that description sounds delicious dianabi - thanks!

-- Jack Kerouac

Quote Originally Posted by dianabi View Post
    I bought it today. Very interesting as a concept of 'contrast'. Scentwise, it is like they took SL 'Jeaux de Peau' and poured almond milk through it and then let it dry in the wind. A bit too fleeting, but that's part of the beauty.
    I felt something similar: jeux de peau + lemon cream and some almond. Too light and fleeting
    ... And do me a favor - don't disturb my friend. He's dead tired.

Welcome to the Bwahahaha! era...

TUM TUM PISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Basenotes Institution

Wearing it today - I can't believe how light it is. I need to wear it again but this morning I applied + 7 sprays from that tiny 2 ml manufacturer atomizer and it was almost undetectable a couple hours later.

Slightly underwhelmed.

-- Jack Kerouac

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Wearing it today - I can't believe how light it is. I need to wear it again but this morning I applied + 7 sprays from that tiny 2 ml manufacturer atomizer and it was almost undetectable a couple hours later.

Slightly underwhelmed.
    Your assessment of the scent is on the spot.. I had to let go of my bottle as I couldn't stand something so fleeting. It just smelled like nothing after an hour or two. I found what I wanted in TF Santal Blush, this indeed is soft nicely spicy sandalwood that lasts and lasts.. Still have to get a fb, but it has to happen soon.
    I was also disappointed with a few blogs like Cafleurbon that gave Lumiere Blanche excellent reviews saying it had above average longevity and projection. So not true.

I sampled because Octavian raved about this house. This is a no nothing house with ultra light scents with no lasting power. Super disappointment to my nose.

Basenotes Institution

Well, there are certain scents in this kind of category that historically I have smelled almost 'nothing' the very first time I smelled it and then later on I smelled it very clearly (and fell in love with): L'Eau d'Hiver, Apres l'Ondee, Hermessence Osmanthe Yunnan and others come to mind. Still...this one becomes 'invisible' very quickly.

-- Jack Kerouac

Lumière Blanche is highly concentrated: 15% (with the best raw materials from Robertet), but this kind of creamy milky iris-sandalwood fragrances are more intimate (a white cocoon) than overwhelming... It also depends how you react to musks.
    Hope that you will like another fragrance from the brand!
    Céline, founder/creator Olfactive Studio

Quote Originally Posted by dianabi View Post
    Your assessment of the scent is on the spot.. I had to let go of my bottle as I couldn't stand something so fleeting. It just smelled like nothing after an hour or two. I found what I wanted in TF Santal Blush, this indeed is soft nicely spicy sandalwood that lasts and lasts.. Still have to get a fb, but it has to happen soon.
    I was also disappointed with a few blogs like Cafleurbon that gave Lumiere Blanche excellent reviews saying it had above average longevity and projection. So not true.

Quote Originally Posted by OlfactiveStudio View Post
    Lumière Blanche is highly concentrated: 15% (with the best raw materials from Robertet), but this kind of creamy milky iris-sandalwood fragrances are more intimate (a white cocoon) than overwhelming... It also depends how you react to musks.
    Hope that you will like another fragrance from the brand!
    Céline, founder/creator Olfactive Studio
    Sounds yummy. I have just received a sample of this scent and look forward to testing it once I have recovered from my cold. Otherwise dullness is guaranteed!

Basenotes Institution

Finished my sample of this today. Yeah...it's lightly perceptible after about an hour. There's just not enough to hold onto my interest.

-- Jack Kerouac

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Finished my sample of this today. Yeah...it's lightly perceptible after about an hour. There's just not enough to hold onto my interest.
    Yeah, that's some weak-ass sh* t.

Basenotes Plus

I like this one very much but performance just kills it.
    Check out my Sale & Swap threads!

Actually have had a very experience with this house in general including this one.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.