Code of Conduct

Default oud 27 blind bought

I just purchased this perfume cause a lot of people were talking about it and I can't find it in Canada .so I took a chance and blind bought . Mymicker YouTube reviewer hyped this and I like his taste but this one just smells like cow poo most awful smell I've smelth now I don't know what to do with this bottle I paid 240$ this taught me a lesson to never blind buy and always sample.

Default Re: oud 27 blind bought

Sorry about your situation. If you wanna feel good, you can do charity by sending the bottle to Shanghai. =)

1. See if you can exchange/return it.
    2. Sell it.
    3. Hold onto it and see if your tastes change over time.

It's not my favourite but it certainly doesn't smell like poo. Maybe it's one to come back to after you've tried a lot more fragrances.

This one would have been a risky blind buy for the best of us.

Top ten stinker.
    My top 16:

1. Joop! - Homme 2. Puredistance - M
    3. Tom Ford - Tobacco vanille 4. Tom Ford - Neroli portofino
    5. Tauer - L'air de desert marocaine 6. Armani Privé - Ambre orient
    7. Bond - Harrod's oud 8. Amouage - Jubilation XXV
    9. Parf. Brückner - Aoud 1 10. Clive Christian - X
    11.Xerjoff - Regio 12. Lush - Breath of God
    13. M.Micaleff - Art collec. 102 14. Armani Privé - Figuier eden
    15. Nasomatto - Pardon 16. Heeley - Oranges and lemons ...

I think this stuff is great, in fact I have been considering a bottle myself. However I can easily see why someone wouldn't like it. It is *very* potent and probably not the most versatile scent around.
    Current top 10:

1. L'Artisan Dzing!
    2. Lorenzo Villoresi Yerbamate
    3. Guerlain Bois d'Armenie
    4. L'Artisan Al Oudh
    5. Bond No. 9 Andy Warhol Silver Factory
    6. Parfumerie Generale Bois Blond
    7. Andy Tauer L'Air du Desert Marocain
    8. Guerlain Derby
    9. Geo F Trumper Eucris
    10. Parfum d'Empire Ambre Russe

Quote Originally Posted by volley2 View Post
    Sorry about your situation. If you wanna feel good, you can do charity by sending the bottle to Shanghai. =)
    Or to Italy

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Blind buying oud27 is like blind buying a 911 Gt3 RS for daily use lol.

Don't give up. I feel your sense of smell isn't fully developed. Put it away and try it in a few months after extensively trying other relatively and similarly challenging perfumes. You may just like it.

for swap/sale:

Basenotes Junkie

It's a challenging fragrance, that's for sure. Got a sample due to being heavy into vetiver, but it's just not the kind of vetiver I like.

Blind buying anything is scary - blind buying niche is dangerous

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    This one would have been a risky blind buy for the best of us.
    Agree. Always smell first.

Banned

Hardly a recommended scent, that's for sure. See below ↓↓↓:

Oud 27 by Le Labo
    - One is initially overwhelmed by a animalic tango. A foul and sour oud partnered with an earthy, floral saffron give life to a miasmic melange of stale urine, foetid smoke, raw leather and slimy sweetness. For a time, this vomitous blend rankles, and is spewn to the rehabilitating middle. Atlas cedar, with its balsamic and evergreen woodiness, coupled with a refreshing incense suffocate the putrid piss and stenchy fumes, as well as rehabilitate the saffron with creamy and honey aspects and the oud with a bright and fresh aura. The awaiting base with its complementary guaiacwood imparts its pleasing smokiness and candied smoothness, aided by a mildly peppery and herbaceous patchouli. A prosaic drydown ensues. This edgy composition lacks projection and longevity.

Oooo, yea I'm glad I got a sample of this, it is so off from my taste that I don't think I could ever love it. Sorry about your situation, but there is always eBay, or you can sell it here once you meet the requirements (just make sure you sell it before that year expiration date is up :P)

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Blind buying oud27 is like blind buying a 911 Gt3 RS for daily use
    Love the analogy! LOL!

Sorry to hear of your expensive mistake! When dealing with expensive or challenging scents, it's always best to be patient and sample, even if you can't find any near where you are. Try to buy a decant or sample off someone here, or through a business online. Best of luck on your next purchase!

Quote Originally Posted by fragrance-lover View Post
    I just purchased this perfume cause a lot of people were talking about it and I can't find it in Canada .so I took a chance and blind bought . Mymicker YouTube reviewer hyped this and I like his taste but this one just smells like cow poo most awful smell I've smelth now I don't know what to do with this bottle I paid 240$ this taught me a lesson to never blind buy and always sample.
    If you ever start an enterprise selling soiled underwear on the Internet, you may be able to accelerate your production with Oud 27. Or so it has been said.

I sold mine on eBay. If you don't like it even a little you will never wear it.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my stuff for sale!
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=223916

just got a sample from Le Labo of amongst others Oud 27. I got the initial medicinal scent for about 3 minutes, this rapidly disapeared leaving a very faint sweet urine smell. Within 10 minutes it could best be described as a sweet floor cleaner i had used a day ago. Within 20 minutes nothing was left, so i reapplied - same thing. I asked other people if they could smell it - nothing - I applied it to a tester card - same thing - a very, very sweet smelling fragrance. It's not unpleasant at all just barely perceptible on me like many others.

It cracks me up when even people who claim to like a fragrance use terms like "difficult", "challenging", "stinky", "skanky", "fecal", "dirty", "complicated", etc...

I made the same mistake when I purchased Bond No. 9 HSLE. I will never wear it. If you think your Oud 27 smells like crap, you are correct. Some people with scent fetishes enjoy these things, so it is good they make things like this. But it is probably best for many of us to just avoid these types of things. Even if you someday you "condition" yourself to find this charming, you will always remember what it used to smell like to you -- and you will realize that others who are not as "enlightened" as you will look at you like you crapped your pants (unless of course you don't ever go out in public).

Enjoy!
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Pure White Cologne
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. Clive Christian - 1872
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Xerjoff - Nio
    8. Neela Vermeire - Bombay Bling
    9. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    10. Chanel - Allure Homme Edition Blanche

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    It cracks me up when even people who claim to like a fragrance use terms like "difficult", "challenging", "stinky", "skanky", "fecal", "dirty", "complicated", etc...

I made the same mistake when I purchased Bond No. 9 HSLE. I will never wear it. If you think your Oud 27 smells like crap, you are correct. Some people with scent fetishes enjoy these things, so it is good they make things like this. But it is probably best for many of us to just avoid these types of things. Even if you someday you "condition" yourself to find this charming, you will always remember what it used to smell like to you -- and you will realize that others who are not as "enlightened" as you will look at you like you crapped your pants (unless of course you don't ever go out in public).

Enjoy!
    Why are you angry?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Love the analogy! LOL!
    It actually happened to a friend.

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Why are you angry?
    Where you do get any hint of anger? Quite the opposite. When I said it cracks me up, I didn't mean that sarcastically. Maybe I should have added a so it wasn't taken as a rant... No reason to be angry about fragrances...
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Pure White Cologne
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. Clive Christian - 1872
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Xerjoff - Nio
    8. Neela Vermeire - Bombay Bling
    9. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    10. Chanel - Allure Homme Edition Blanche

Quote Originally Posted by fragrance-lover View Post
    Well, Dan has always liked cow poo. LOL j/k.

I would never blind buy something that expensive, next time, maybe just ask someone to swap samples with you.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

Use it to grren up your lawn, it works better than manure.

Banned

Where you do get any hint of anger? Quite the opposite. When I said it cracks me up, I didn't mean that sarcastically. Maybe I should have added a so it wasn't taken as a rant... No reason to be angry about fragrances...
    @ dougczar - I agree with you. I thought that you were expressing matter-of-factly a truism.

Fecal? Really? I dont get that at all. I get a sour blast of cedar and incense combined with a synthetic version of Oud that I have never experienced before, all which dry down into something very tolerable. No fecal notes for me, more of a tangy medicinal Oud. What are your impressions of scents like Leather Oud, Oud Cuir d'Arabie, and MKK? I definitely get fecal notes from those but they are also some the most incredible I have owned.

Also just an FYI to the OP: if you ever want Le Labo frags on the cheap, check out Monica on the Splits thread. She can send you a decant of just about all of them for half the price you pay in stores or online. Shes totally legit and professional.

I don't get fecal or urine either lol

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=The_Cologneist;2671487]Well, Dan has always liked cow poo. LOL j/k.

Very funny bro :-p lol

You could always try layering it with Dune (feminine)...WOW!!

Actually I hoped it to be the fragrance people perceive it to be. It turns quickly into a regular, quiet, nice woody accord. Maybe I should test it again.

Oud 27. I picture an adorable calf sitting next to a barn yard on wet hay on a slightly warm humid day. I want to pet the calf...
    Favorite notes at this point: Sandal wood, Oud, Frankincense, Rose

Weird - I don't get anything fecal or skanky at all out of this. I get a strong whisky smell for the first 15-20 mins then a soft woody scent and no oud at all (this was from two different sources, a Luckyscent sample and the tester at Colette in Paris).

Re: the skankiness, we had a blind sniff in october (unpresentables), and it was very interesting to see that some people are anosmic to the dirty musk in oud 27, while others were hypersensitive, even within the same family (ie mother and daughter).

cacio

Enjoy!
    I love this analogy, and find nothing but truth in it.

I always like to remember some dogs roll in feces because they think it smells good...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. TL View Post
    I love this analogy, and find nothing but truth in it.

I always like to remember some dogs roll in feces because they think it smells good...
    ........*sigh*