Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Chanel Les Exclusif (Pick 1 From Sycamore/Coramandel/Bois Des Iles/Cuir de Russie)

Dear Friends,
    That time of the month where i have to pick ONE from Chanel's Les Exclusif Range.

I found that i liked these the best (in no order)

1.Bois Des Iles
    2.Cuir De Russie
    3.Sycamore
    4.Coromandel.

Please Do me the favor by Selecting the "One".
    I do not know how to post a poll - or i would have.

Thanks a million!

Banned

Default Re: Chanel Les Exclusif (Pick 1 From Sycamore/Coramandel/Bois Des Iles/Cuir de Russie)

Of course all 4 are worth having. If I should choose one I'd pick Cuir de Russie because it is a special, smooth and sensual leather-and-so-much-more-fragrance.

Default Re: Chanel Les Exclusif (Pick 1 From Sycamore/Coramandel/Bois Des Iles/Cuir de Russie)

Sycomore. A masterpiece.

Cuir de Russie in extrait de parfum version is my no 1. Bois des Iles and Sycomore are fantastic as well though!

i am leaning more towards Bois Des Iles or Cuir de Russie - but its difficult to choose - esp dry down from a chanel card!

Cuir de Russie.
    My Top Ten:

1: Guerlain - Habit Rouge
    2: Guerlain - Jicky
    3: Guerlain - Mouchoir de Monsieur
    4: Guerlain - Shalimar
    5: Knize - Knize Ten
    6: Caron - Yatagan
    7: Caron - Pour Un Homme
    8: Jean Desprez - Bal a Versailles
    9: Yves Saint Laurent - M7
    10: Salvador Dali - Dali Pour Homme

Bois des Iles is my personal favorite, I have the parfum.

SycOmore

You'll end up owning all 4 in the long run, but in the mean time Coromandel will yield you the most complements.

I would go:

1) Coromandel
    2) Sycomore
    3) Bois des Illes
    4) Cuir de Russie

All 4 are good, but Sycomore wins this race in a walk!

Quote Originally Posted by >BOOMER< View Post
    All 4 are good, but Sycomore wins this race in a walk!
    Agree.

Sound Scents

Easily Sycomore
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
    9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
    9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
    9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie
    9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie

Basenotes Plus

If I could have only one I would go with Cuir de Russie. But I would buy all four!

Coromandel.
    One of the smoothest patchouli fragrances out there with plenty of sillage and longevity. Patchouli softened by woods, soft florals and white chocolate. The most daring of the Chanel Les Exclusifs as well.
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Hunt View Post
    You'll end up owning all 4 in the long run...
    I agree with this, and would recommend all of them, in the following order:

1) Sycomore
    2) Coromandel
    3) Cuir de Russie
    4) Bois des Iles

I agree with Andy^

You might think differently about them if you've only sampled them on card so far, Instead of Bois des Iles I'd always recommend trying its spiritual follow up Egoiste instead for a guy.

Sycomore, by a large margin!

6 for Sycamore
    5 for Cuir De Russie
    2 for Coromandel
    1 for Bois De Iles

From the First Impression - I preferred Cuir de Russie - Sycamore was scary, but i am beginning to love the dirty dry down
    Coromandel is pretty special and Bois de Iles, is the easiest to wear in my climate! ( i live in a very humid country)

Really close call now between Cuir de Russie and Sycamore!

another one of Sycomore

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

All are wonderful. Coromandel and Sycamore are the longest lasting from my experience.

Bois De iles and CDR might be frustrating to you since they sit close to the skin.

These are my favourites as well. Difficult decision... No idea. I'd probably go for Coromandel

I'm a Coromandeliac.
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

I have Sycomore and will be getting Cuir de Russie very soon so these are my priorities. Besides the ones you mention, I also like the Eau de Cologne.

For me it's a no-brainer. Sycomore wins hands down. Smoky opening but a luscious woody/sea breeze dry-down that had me buying a small bottle in hours. Soon I will buy another one of these for the winter season.

Since you live in Malaysia, I vote for Sycomore. It is the one I use the most in humid summers in DC, as it is fresh, natural smelling, and very persistent.

I love CdR too. I would consider buying the parfum, though (that is what I have), because it is more long lasting and richer, though less floral. Of course, it is also much more expensive.

cacio

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    Since you live in Malaysia, I vote for Sycomore. It is the one I use the most in humid summers in DC, as it is fresh, natural smelling, and very persistent.

I love CdR too. I would consider buying the parfum, though (that is what I have), because it is more long lasting and richer, though less floral. Of course, it is also much more expensive.

cacio
    How long would your bottle of CDR parfum last you if you were to use it every day ? 15 ml to me might last 2/3 weeks. Does that seem right ?

You keep saying longevity is great but you don't mention projection along with it. Does the parfum just last longer as a skin scent period ?

Quote Originally Posted by LloydLlewellyn View Post
    I'm a Coromandeliac.
    Haha, I tried to click "Like" on this, then remembered I'm not on Facebook. : )

Sycomore

Coromandel, but I have only sampled Cuir de Russie

coromandel

Cuir de Russie, although I received more compliments on Coromandel.

Coromandel may be the most surprising of the bunch. It's clearly a patchouli-prominent, but it has none of the negative/'dirty hippie' connotations that patchouli usually carries. Plus, the longevity is off the chart--WEEKS, no exaggeration. The smell even survives laundering!

Quote Originally Posted by andylama View Post
    Coromandel may be the most surprising of the bunch. It's clearly a patchouli-prominent, but it has none of the negative/'dirty hippie' connotations that patchouli usually carries. Plus, the longevity is off the chart--WEEKS, no exaggeration. The smell even survives laundering!
    Truth.
    My Top Ten:

1: Guerlain - Habit Rouge
    2: Guerlain - Jicky
    3: Guerlain - Mouchoir de Monsieur
    4: Guerlain - Shalimar
    5: Knize - Knize Ten
    6: Caron - Yatagan
    7: Caron - Pour Un Homme
    8: Jean Desprez - Bal a Versailles
    9: Yves Saint Laurent - M7
    10: Salvador Dali - Dali Pour Homme

Quote Originally Posted by Trauerkraut View Post
    SycOmore
    I agree!

Cuir de Russie and Coromandel are my favorites.

Cuir de Russie. Its so smooth that i dont want to smell nothing but my arm.
    Bois des Iles is so common with Egoiste to own both.
    Sycomore is very earthy to me, i dont like it any way.
    Coromandel is heavy and a favorite of mine.

Even though I love vetiver and smokey accords and Sycomore, I suggest Coromandel. Its truly a great perfume.

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Hunt View Post
    You'll end up owning all 4 in the long run, but in the mean time Coromandel will yield you the most complements.

I would go:

1) Coromandel
    2) Sycomore
    3) Bois des Illes
    4) Cuir de Russie
    Ditto
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

coromandel for me

thank you my friends - i am putting it down to Coromandel and Cuir De Russie - now need to choose
    between these two -
    i realize, Sycamore is just too heavy for me, even though it has the best composition out of all four as well as silage and longevity, malaysian humidity is just too insane for sycamore.

Quote Originally Posted by benzganesh View Post
    thank you my friends - i am putting it down to Coromandel and Cuir De Russie - now need to choose
    between these two -
    i realize, Sycamore is just too heavy for me, even though it has the best composition out of all four as well as silage and longevity, malaysian humidity is just too insane for sycamore.
    Since it's between these two, give them each some time and full wearings and see which gives you the best result and which you prefer more.

really? if anything I would have thought that Sycomore or maybe Bois would be best suited for the heat whereas Cuir will get way too heavy and Coromandel could go either way.

In this order:

Cuir De Russie
    Sycamore
    Coromandel.

Banned

Sycomore, with Coromandel a close second.

Another one for Sycomore.

Bois des Iles for me, especially given you'll be wearing it in Malaysia.

CdR
    BdI
    Coromandel/Sycomore joint third.

Saying that donat take my advice I bought my 4 favourits and decants and minis of others as I couldn't make a decision!

Those bottles just look fantanstic all lined up next to each other Hint, hint.

- - - Updated - - -

Those bottles just look fantanstic all lined up next to each other Hint, hint.

Quote Originally Posted by benzganesh View Post
    between these two -
    Coromandel is thicker feeling than Sycomore. Vetiver is a note I feel works in all weather, I feel that way about leather also.

I have a 75ml bottle of Cuir De Russie which cost me £100 from Selfridges in London.

I didn't have think twice about buying it.

If I find myself in London again, I will buy Sycomore ... and another bottle of CdR.

If it were up to me - definitely Bois des Iles - it is amazing!

Basenotes Plus

If you would have asked me two weeks ago, I would also have gone Sycamore, but picked up Coramadel this past weekend, and now I do not know. It would be a tough decision on these two.

I hate to say it but after spending time with quite a few of the Les Esclusifs I find them leaning too much on the feminine side. Some are less feminine than others but ALL are rather sweet.

At the moment I own and love coromandel. However a little voice inside me tells me not to wear it in public. I am 5' 11 210 with mucho body hair. It just doesn't feel right. If anything it would be great on an intimate date.

There are definitely guys that can pull these off but IMO they aren't for everybody.

Again I hate to say it but I think some of you guys will agree....at least in private

Coromandel

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by thatmakesscents View Post
    I hate to say it but after spending time with quite a few of the Les Esclusifs I find them leaning too much on the feminine side. Some are less feminine than others but ALL are rather sweet.

At the moment I own and love coromandel. However a little voice inside me tells me not to wear it in public. I am 5' 11 210 with mucho body hair. It just doesn't feel right. If anything it would be great on an intimate date.

There are definitely guys that can pull these off but IMO they aren't for everybody.

Again I hate to say it but I think some of you guys will agree....at least in private
    I'm 6'2" and 205, with more body hair than I care to admit, and do not find Coromandel feminine at all.

Like any fragrance, not everyone can pull off every fragrance.

Sycomore and Coromandel are in no way "feminine". Although they would smell great on a girl.

Tough one. I love all of them but would go for Sycomore.
    Un parfum doit avant tout sent bon. - Guy Robert -

On the EU's amendment to sharpen restrictions on fragrance allergens

I just blind bought Bois des Iles after reading the description of notes on the Chanel website and not finding any samples to test on the net. I haven't received it yet, and I must say I'm a bit worried it may be too feminine for my liking without having sampled it. I'm not big on powdery scents. Can anyone comment on the powdery accords or lack there of in the Les Exclusifs BDI EDT?

Cuir de Russie and Bois des Iles are my favourites of the four, but Cuir de Russie is stand out the best of the bunch. Sycomore was and remains a huge disappointment to me, weak, pointless and sour. Coromandel is beautiful but challenging though ultimately very rewarding. Cuir de Russie would be my choice.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Coromandel

They are all good, depending on your personal taste in notes, you make that decision. If you have money, coromandel, cuir de russie is worth having, even though I feel coromandel is a bit more for mature audience. If you love vetiver then I will suggest sycamore