Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Mont Blanc Individuel - WOW!!!!!!!!!

It is very close to creed's original santal. In fact, I only tried santal and never bothered purchasing the bottle because the MB Individuel is so much more affordable.

Hm. I have a sample of OS and sprayed MBI at JCPenny a few days ago. I felt MBI was a bit sweeter. I'll have to give it another spray.

mbi and os smell almost identical to me..

I like Mont Blanc - Legend more.. just my preference
    Last edited by Ivibezz; 15th August 2012 at 10:12 PM.

I got redberries on a smooth suede base. I use to own at and do like it. My issue was that not matter how much I sprayed, it remained thin and airy. A nice fragrance but I suppose I was looking for more kick.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

I actually like MB Individuel a little better than OS, I know I like the price better, just sprays a little light in comparison....

Isn't OS a fragrance for both men and women? What would be a more affordable option for women? I see that MB Individuel has both a male and female version. I am assuming the MBI for men is the one that is similar to OS? Thanks!

Love the stuff, especially since you can find it for $19.99 @ 50ml at Marshall's, TJ Max and the like.
    Top notes of... sweat, gasoline, motor oil; a heart of deer musk and gunpowder, resting on a base of sex and testosterone... Mandom.

Lighter Joop Homme, easy can go as brother of OS.

- - - Updated - - -

Lighter Joop Homme, easy can go as brother of OS.

Months after reading this thread, I finally came across someone selling Individuel.

It didn't strike me as anywhere near 100% identical to Original Santal.

I like Original Santal, but was not particularly fond of Individuel.
    Regards,
    Renato

Basenotes Member

I received a bottle today and sprayed the back of my hand a couple of hours ago. Very light and fresh and slightly spicy. I really like this scent. It seems that it will have a good longevity and projection. It was a blind buy based upon basenote reviews and I'm glad I pulled the trigger on this one. It's a keeper for sure! I bought it on ebay for $22.49 for a 75 ml bottle. Makes me curious about other Mont Blanc fragrances. I really like this fragrance!!

Thankyou for the heads up will go and try it on

Dependent L'Homme Blanc Individuel's Avatar
    My avatar is not a self portrait, just in case you were wondering.
    Blog Entries

By looking at my username, you'd think I've been wearing this stuff for years, but I didn't own a bottle until recently. I'd never even heard of it when I joined basenotes!

I agree with the praise for it. Mont Blanc Individuel is a great bargain. I even prefer it over Original Santal. And though I haven't scanned through this thread yet, I have to assume people pointed out that Individuel was released a few years before Original Santal, meaning, Individuel is the real original
    Current Favorites:
    Petit Matin
    Oud Wood
    Endymion
    Dior Homme
    Grey Vetiver
    Fahrenheit
    Royal Oud
    Interlude Man
    Hanae Mori HM
    Pomelo Paradis
    Original Vetiver
    Reflection Man
    1725 Casanova
    Aqua Universalis
    Tom Ford Extreme
    Terre d'Hermes Parfum
    John Varvatos Vintage
    Gucci Pour Homme II

Mont Blanc's best imho.
    Currently wearing: Sauvage by Christian Dior

Just got a decant of Original Santal today and sprayed Individuel on one arm with OS on the other. While they are very similar, I actually preferred Individuel, it's seems a little fresher and more wearable.

Dependent L'Homme Blanc Individuel's Avatar
    My avatar is not a self portrait, just in case you were wondering.
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TMAdidas View Post
    Just got a decant of Original Santal today and sprayed Individuel on one arm with OS on the other. While they are very similar, I actually preferred Individuel, it's seems a little fresher and more wearable.
    My thoughts exactly.
    Current Favorites:
    Petit Matin
    Oud Wood
    Endymion
    Dior Homme
    Grey Vetiver
    Fahrenheit
    Royal Oud
    Interlude Man
    Hanae Mori HM
    Pomelo Paradis
    Original Vetiver
    Reflection Man
    1725 Casanova
    Aqua Universalis
    Tom Ford Extreme
    Terre d'Hermes Parfum
    John Varvatos Vintage
    Gucci Pour Homme II

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TMAdidas View Post
    And more 'Original'.

MB and OS are possibly the closest matched fragrances out there.. 100percent.

Having owned both in the past..i recently bought the MB, not just due to price wise but they are THAT identical its not justifiable spending more than 4 times the cost just to have the Creed..

MB's best IMO!
    Currently wearing: Royal Oud by Creed

I've never smelled either OS or individual, need to change thst

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Yeah it's a pretty good one. I blind bought a bottle after hearing so much hype about it. Better in the fall and winter. The scent itself was nice and seemed together decent reactions.

Perceived this fragrance as nice, pleasant, inoffensive upon any testing so far, yet the "wow factor" seems to have- at least personally speaking- lacked so far
    Currently wearing: Black Tag by Zara

I think it's great, personally. I love Creed but I simply won't be buying Original Santal as long as Mont Blanc Individuel is around.

They smell pretty much identical to me. It's the only Creed "smell alike" fragrance I ever encountered that I found identical and one of two I found equally as good as the Creed.. or better.

I've bought every "Creed-alike" under the sun.. just for comparisons sake.. The best was Individuel.. Lomani Intense Black was also a great take on Royal Oud.. To the extent I prefer the Lomani. The worst I had the misfortune of buying was Love and Luck. It actually took a while to shake that from my memory so I could wear MI again.

The rest of the "clones" people talk about are poor imitations in my experience.. a waste of money if you have the Creed (sometimes even if you don't). Oh and yes, I know Individuel came out first. I've had Original Santal in the past and worn one on each arm. No difference.

It's probably one of my cheapie favourites come to think of it. I've a 75ml and a couple of backup 50mls I got on offer. It may be inexpensive but it doesn't smell so.. well if it does, then so does Original Santal.
    Last edited by MonsieurChanel; 17th September 2016 at 10:39 PM.

best bang for your buck fragrance. it has a creed like drydown
    Currently wearing: Layton by Parfums de Marly

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    Pretty much the same fragrance with minute differences. Think OS projects and lasts longer, but for the price it's hard to justify buying a bottle of OS.
    you have to be the absolute minority. Can't think of anyone that has said OS lasts longer than Individuel...

Also, Individuel came before OS, so I guess getting copied by Creed is the ultimate form of flattery.

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieurChanel View Post
    I think it's great, personally. I love Creed but I simply won't be buying Original Santal as long as Mont Blanc Individuel is around.

They smell pretty much identical to me. It's the only Creed "smell alike" fragrance I ever encountered that I found identical and one of two I found equally as good as the Creed.. or better.

I've bought every "Creed-alike" under the sun.. just for comparisons sake.. The best was Individuel.. Lomani Intense Black was also a great take on Royal Oud.. To the extent I prefer the Lomani. The worst I had the misfortune of buying was Love and Luck. It actually took a while to shake that from my memory so I could wear MI again.

The rest of the "clones" people talk about are poor imitations in my experience.. a waste of money if you have the Creed (sometimes even if you don't). Oh and yes, I know Individuel came out first. I've had Original Santal in the past and worn one on each arm. No difference.

It's probably one of my cheapie favourites come to think of it. I've a 75ml and a couple of backup 50mls I got on offer. It may be inexpensive but it doesn't smell so.. well if it does, then so does Original Santal.
    A great read and very helpful, after reading your conteibution i def want to try the Lomani Black Intense - as Royal Oud is up there in my all time top 5 so eager to sample the Lomani. Will check ebay
    Currently wearing: Royal Oud by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by Schnitter View Post
    you have to be the absolute minority. Can't think of anyone that has said OS lasts longer than Individuel...

Also, Individuel came before OS, so I guess getting copied by Creed is the ultimate form of flattery.
    I don't think Creed try to copy anything out there Individuel has never been a world wide success, and I suppose Creed hadn't even heard of it when they created OS. Sometimes, it's just something out there that is very similar.

Great fragrance. People always think I'm wearing Joop! when I spray it however. That said, I actually prefer vintage Joop! to this since I'm a sucker for beast mode performance.
    -----------------------------------------------------------

Looking for: Le Male pre-2012 bottles. PM me!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by MELVCMS01 View Post
    A great read and very helpful, after reading your conteibution i def want to try the Lomani Black Intense - as Royal Oud is up there in my all time top 5 so eager to sample the Lomani. Will check ebay
    Thank you very much.. I can never recall if its called Lomani Intense Black or Lomani Black Intense..

Anyways, I really liked that one.. However, it is not identical to me, like MBI and OS.. If I had the choice between it and Royal Oud.. I'd honestly pick the Lomani.. Many would disagree.. (that said, I'm honestly not a big Royal Oud fan so.. maybe it's just me)

I also got POWERHOUSE performance from it! It stuck around on clothes forever.. I remember once I sprayed it on a towel and I got this whiff of it like three days later from the next room.. It took me a moment to think then it clicked.. it was the Lomani is sprayed last Friday. I wish I wouldn't have sold my bottle.. Because it's becoming increasingly difficult to obtain (at least here in the UK).. One store used to have it for £10.. I think my bottle made around £30 when I sold it.

You can of course buy it direct from Lomani.. But it's not exactly cheap when you take into consideration.. buying direct from them so it's not like the discounter.. plus big postage from France.. then if you're outside the EU.. import fees..

Bit of a shame.. Should have bought more at £10 when I could get them. Didn't know at the time. Would love another bottle of it. Aw well.

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    I don't think Creed try to copy anything out there Individuel has never been a world wide success, and I suppose Creed hadn't even heard of it when they created OS. Sometimes, it's just something out there that is very similar.
    Pierre Bourdon did both - and worked for Creed.

Quote Originally Posted by HankHarvey View Post
    Pierre Bourdon did both - and worked for Creed.
    Really? I thought OS was created by Olivier and Erwin Creed. -And why would Bourdon release two exactly similar scents?