Code of Conduct

Default 4 Samples I received today: Eau de Baux, Bleu de Chanel, Body Kouros, Habit Rouge (first impressions

Hello BN! Just wanted to give my 2 cents on 4 samples I got my hands on today..

Eau de Baux: Where have I smelled this smell before? The spiced notes are so in your face, the vanilla is in the background to me. Oh ya.. SPICEBOMB! It smells like a mix of Spicebomb, Eau Duelle, and Vanille Galante's vanilla note (which I find to be unsweetened and natural).. Pretty nice scent thus far.

Bleu de Chanel: Wait for it... WTF.. is this.. SH!T. Ok.. no it's not that bad, but it's definitley not what I'd expect from Chanel. This smells pretty cheap. The opening gives me a fresh blast of citrus/spice, as Chanel does well with their masculine sporty fragrances. After a few minutes though it just smells cheap and boring. I'll have to see how this vetiver note plays out, but so far, I am not a fan.

Habit Rouge EDC: Is it just me, or does anyone get aldehydes? This smells more like a Chanel frag than anything, I actually get some of Chanel No 5's DNA in it. The bergamot note is nice, but all in all, it seems a bit dated, for me. Not bad, just not for me.

Body Kouros: Smelled it in the vile, looking forward to putting it on my skin later. But with the other 3 on, plus my SOTD Fath l'Homme (excellent vanilla/iris/spice scent btw) I'm running out of room on my arms for it.

Default Re: 4 Samples I received today: Eau de Baux, Bleu de Chanel, Body Kouros, Habit Rouge (first impress

You got four great scents there IMO. Sorry that all weren't favorable to you.

Default Re: 4 Samples I received today: Eau de Baux, Bleu de Chanel, Body Kouros, Habit Rouge (first impress

Is the Bleu de Chanel in a dab vial?

I found it's one you need to spray liberally and wear a few times before you begin to really appreciate it.

Definitely see the similarities between Eau des Baux and Spicebomb. Bleu de Chanel takes a couple of full wearings to appreciate it. It's a simple fragrance with a really nice dry down. Not a big fan of Habit or Body.

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    Is the Bleu de Chanel in a dab vial?

I found it's one you need to spray liberally and wear a few times before you begin to really appreciate it.
    Yup, spray. I get the typical pink peppercorn/citrus opening. I wanna say I am smelling vetiver in the base, but I really don't. Vetiver doesn't matter though. What bugs me is that people say this fragrance is different, and it just isn't. It smells almost the same as Allure homme Sport to me (which was boring too) except with a shorter lifespan of citrus.

I guess I could be like the majority and say it's Chanel, so it rocks but I refuse to. This doesn't deserve it.

Dependent

Agree with you on your thoughts on EdB, BdC and HR

Really? I find that most people are pretty ambivalent-to-negative about Bleu de Chanel (and rightly so). It's a boring, cliche smell, done really well, by a house that should know better.

OTOH, Habit Rouge gets a LOT of love from almost everybody, and I just don't get it at all. Talk about boring and un-distinctive.

Banned
    Blog Entries

interesting to hear your thoughts on baux.

bleu de chanel is a good aquatic, but not the best. especially for its high price.

Quote Originally Posted by andylama View Post
    OTOH, Habit Rouge gets a LOT of love from almost everybody, and I just don't get it at all. Talk about boring and un-distinctive.
    Them's fighting words. Habit Rouge is pure distinction!
    My Top Ten:

1: Guerlain - Habit Rouge
    2: Guerlain - Jicky
    3: Guerlain - Mouchoir de Monsieur
    4: Guerlain - Shalimar
    5: Knize - Knize Ten
    6: Caron - Yatagan
    7: Caron - Pour Un Homme
    8: Jean Desprez - Bal a Versailles
    9: Yves Saint Laurent - M7
    10: Salvador Dali - Dali Pour Homme

I agree with your first impressions of Bleu De Chanel and Habit Rouge.
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus
    4. Creed Millesime Imperial
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

IMO, Habit Rouge EdC is a really awful frag, in terms of the ridiculous opening, but I enjoy the EdT.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    IMO, Habit Rouge EdC is a really awful frag, in terms of the ridiculous opening, but I enjoy the EdT.
    LOL, ok I wanted to call it awful too, but you know I can offend some people!

Ok.... I'm a bit confused. If you give your 2 cents on 4 frags is that 8 cents total or a half a penny a piece?
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

I found Bleu de Chanel smells good on others. I think it's good if someone wants a nice daily wear but it's probably not interesting enough for most frag heads.

Quote Originally Posted by Pipsta View Post
    Ok.... I'm a bit confused. If you give your 2 cents on 4 frags is that 8 cents total or a half a penny a piece?
    Good sir,

How many cents do you charge for a vile?

Regards,

Brosef
    I'm liquidating my collection to help fund my site. Please show your support for the FPindex and buy buy buy - Tuscan Leather, Egoiste, Costume National 21, etc!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/302...**-Come-on-in-)

Founder of the Fragrance Potency Index (FPindex)
    Providing real data on fragrance projection and sillage! Check it out
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/FPIndex
    Facebook: [utl]http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fragrance-Potency-Index/422023624539612[/url]

When I first got Bleu de Chanel I tried to fool myself into liking it, in the end logic (and my nose) won. Just as everyone says, it's a refined boring scent.

Wasn't a fan of Body Kouros either...Medicinal incense...weird in a bad way

I'd try Eau de Baux, but I feel like I already found my ultimate Vanilla scent in SDV

Good selection.

The only one I am not familiar with is Eau de Baux, but this makes me more and more eager to try this scent.

Edit....nevermind.

Good choices, I personally like all but Habit Rouge, which I find okay but not my thing.

Bleu de Chanel has a 'sweet spot' in the middle that sold me on the scent. It comes out after a couple hours.

To me, Bleu De Chanel is Cool Water for adults and actually done well. No, it's nothing spectacular but it doesn't have to be. It's a more mature aquatic that can be used in hot weather or for a date night. I know women really seem to like it considering the compliments. Definitely not the most interesting fragrance on the world and I don't think Chanel pretends its anything other than what it is... A great scent.
    My top 5 changes like the Tennessee weather.

Quote Originally Posted by UKisGR8 View Post
    To me, Bleu De Chanel is Cool Water for adults and actually done well. No, it's nothing spectacular but it doesn't have to be. It's a more mature aquatic that can be used in hot weather or for a date night. I know women really seem to like it considering the compliments. Definitely not the most interesting fragrance on the world and I don't think Chanel pretends its anything other than what it is... A great scent.
    Really? I see no relevance to CW. If anything, CW is a more mature fragrance to me. BdC = young, fresh, sporty citrus (I get no aquatic elements from this); CW = aromatic fougere.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    Really? I see no relevance to CW. If anything, CW is a more mature fragrance to me. BdC = young, fresh, sporty citrus (I get no aquatic elements from this); CW = aromatic fougere.
    Really. But that's my opinion. Bleu De Chanel might smell cheap and young to you. Cool water seems like a high school fragrance to me. I just feel like Bleu De Chanel is in a similar category as Cool Water... Except BdC is for adults. I don't think they smell exactly alike... I feel they have a few similarities. I'm not asking you to buy into my opinions. Just simply stating how I feel about it. The one area I feel BdC could improve on is price. Chanel should offer it as an introduction into Chanel at a $60 - $65price tag instead of $85
    My top 5 changes like the Tennessee weather.