Code of Conduct

Thread: Bulk

Default Bulk

Hi guys

I am freaking out big time.i have been tasked with making a batch of unisex perfumes as wedding favours for my sister in law.She likes ck one.we have the bottles which are 50ml in size.the problem is that I've made small batches of perfume before but nothing that compares to this quantity.i'm really worried that I'll mess this up and because I freaking out I have no idea where to start,quantities needed,even the ingredients.i keep thinking I'll get the measurements wrong and waste all the ingredients she's bought!the wedding is in decemeber so should I make them a month before?please can someone help me.as you can see I don't work well under pressure ESP for something this important.i live in England. Thank you for your help.Its for 136x50ml bottles!!!!!!major freakout
    Last edited by Giashan; 5th July 2012 at 05:40 PM.

Dependent

Default Re: Bulk

What are you talking about man, you are not a perfumer, but you've been asked to recreate CK One? Why did you accept?

If anything a bigger quantity would be more forgiving in making something....if you've made small quanities, just multiply it I would think....that's only like 2 gallons...anyways this is weird. I'm not going to lie...I would not really want that as a wedding favor.

@monkeybars,at no point did I say I was a perfumer or that I was asked to recreate ck one,so I can't understand why you would feel the need to bash me?I thought the forum stated that one could ask any question no matter how silly,so if ou didn't have any constructive input,it would've been much more appreciated if you didn't say anything at all.I can make up to 10batches but wasn't too sure if they'd come out smelling slightly differently. I just needed advise on bulk quantities and felt your reply was quite upsetting.
    @starshipvelcro,thankyou for your response.I think I'll try 10 at a time.in reply to the weirdness,I think it's quite a quirky,non traditional and more personal favour as they will be adding their own labels.

Well, I do wish you luck! I'd say make it a month or so in advance, something about maceration blah blah, I really don't know much on the subject

@starshipvelcro, I will definitely take that on board!can't possibly imagine handing out rotten perfume!I know that with a previous perfume!Thanks for the heads up and I will be sure to note if it works out well or not.maybe even post a picture.

@starshipvelcro, I will definitely take that on board!can't possibly imagine handing out rotten perfume!I know that with a previous perfume!Thanks for the heads up and I will be sure to note if it works out well or not.maybe even post a picture.

Basenotes Plus

I am just wondering, with all the material cost, would it actually be less expensive to purchase something and decant into your 50ml atomizers?

@palmbeach perfumes here are soooo expensive!!!I've researched that as well as shipping from abroad or buying sample sizes.She's quite happy with a fruity smelling fragrance & I've found some decent prices for a fragrance I tried before.if she likes it,all should be well & well be well within our budget.

Quote Originally Posted by PalmBeach View Post
    I am just wondering, with all the material cost, would it actually be less expensive to purchase something and decant into your 50ml atomizers?
    This seems like a good alternative solution.

use a decent scale. mix the ingredients according to your formula. add the alcohol. it's not that hard.
    if you have any problems besides freaking out a bit (i'm sure you will overcome this) ask these question on the diy forum, not on the just starting out forum.

good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBars View Post
    What are you talking about man, you are not a perfumer, but you've been asked to recreate CK One? Why did you accept?
    This was going to be my answer also, so i guess I just wont say anything. My best advise is to get some measuring cups and some jugs.....
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

Thanks for all the responses,a friend of my cousin who works at in Chelsea making bespoke perfumes has kindly offered her time.she's coming over on sunday.i think it's more the freaking out for me than anything else,once I've calmed down I should be ok.i will go onto the DIY forum with any other questions,if I need further assistance when I make the entire batch in November.thank you everyone

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Giashan View Post
    i have been tasked with making a batch of unisex perfumes as wedding favours for my sister in law.She likes ck one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Giashan View Post
    at no point did I say I was a perfumer or that I was asked to recreate ck one
    ls it just me, or is this the most confusing thread ever??
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

@teardrop,sorry you are confused,she said she "likes" ck one,as you've copied and pasted,it clearly states this.it is a project...the second response that you have copied and pasted was for monkeybars who stated that I am not a perfumer.i was just responding that at I did not declare to be a perfumer,or that I was asked for ck one,that is the type of scent she likes,so anything similar will suffice.i don't understand why you are confused?ive asked questions to which some people have constructively commented to which I am grateful.

Banned

Perhaps, you will get better responses if you post your inquiry in Forum: Fragrance DIY http://www.basenotes.net/forums/15-Fragrance-DIY

In any event: