Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Default Re: SotD: Thursday, 5th July 2012

Bonjour!

Hello all. In Habit Rouge today.

Hope you're feeling better Jon.

Thumbs up Re: SotD: Thursday, 5th July 2012

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

I couldn't make up my mind this morning but I finally settled on Heeley Iris de Nuit for today.

I hope Jon is on the mend... or shall I send some hot weather your way, Jon, to help you recover?
    - Sous le Vent -
    Have a good day!

Attached Images Attached Images

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by devilcat View Post
    Hope you're feeling better Jon.
    Indeed I am . Many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Larimar View Post
    I hope Jon is on the mend... or shall I send some hot weather your way, Jon, to help you recover?

Your kind offer is much appreciated, L, but I'd feel awful if you were to deprive yourself. You keep it and enjoy it .

Comme des Garcons 2 today.

^ Very glad to hear you're feeling better, Jon.

Hello,
    Wearing Songes edp today; I thought the edp would be too strong but it's ok, love it !

Hi every one

Tubereuse Criminelle today!

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by Astrud View Post
    Hello,
    Wearing Songes edp today; I thought the edp would be too strong but it's ok, love it !
    You smell gooood, Astrud. Songes is one of my all time faves!

- - - Updated - - -

I'm in Ormonde Jayne Frangipani today.

The air was so humid and thick in Tokyo today but the temperature has cooled now that it's evening. I'm cooling outside in the garden listening to crickets.

News on TV is mostly about the torrential rain and floods in Kyushu in the south of Japan - too horrid to watch, I've had to turn off the telly. Happier news: a baby panda is born in Ueno Zoo! It's a girl!
    Do happy

La Voile Rouge

Good morning, everyone. Continuing on in Youth Dew EDP. Perfect for the summer heat.

Hello all. The last of my PG Cuir d'Iris sample.
    DONNA

So pleased that you feel better Jon!

Ramon Monegal Impossible Iris for me today.

devilcat loving your Habit Rouge! I tried it again yesterday. I can see me giving a bottle a home soon....

Good morning all. Today I'm layered in La Haie Fleurie over a smell bent oil of St. Tropez Dispenser. I know that sounds wierd but it is working, or at least I like them as much together as I do separately...

Comptoir Sud Pacifique Coco Extreme. For some reason, I thought it was going to be hot and sunny today.
    Swimming in scented seas

Basenotes Plus

Good morning!

I'm glad to hear you are feeling better, Jon!

SotD is Estee Lauder Pleasures Exotic.

Have a great day!

Quote Originally Posted by ladymurasaki View Post
    ...Happier news: a baby panda is born in Ueno Zoo! It's a girl!
    Aww...that is happy news!

Larimar, that is a funny pic.

Good to know you're feeling better, Jon.

No. 5 edp this morning.

Love to everybody.

Basenotes Junkie anomie et ivoire's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Low longevity morning comfort scent:

Proper SOTD: Piguet's Calypso

The natural insect repellant quality of patchouli allows me to wear bold scents with less guilt in summer.

SotMorning is Jolie Madame. Haven't yet decided on the next scent.

Hello everyone -

I'm in Annick Goutal Songes this morning. Y'all have a great day!

((Jon)) - I somehow missed that you were feeling poorly ...but I'm so glad to know you're feeling better now!

lilybelle - re. your sweet magnolia essay, I sure can relate! The magnolia in my avatar was painted by my great-grandfather. My grandmother sent it to me the year I moved to Boston, and with quite the same sentiment about my Southern roots ...but with the added expectation that it would be back in New Orleans before too long. And now it is!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Basenotes Institution

Jon - oh good ! You're better today . Lots of hugs !

This morning I'm radiating Peche Cardinal .
    Have a good one , folks .

I'm missing a lot these days! Today I missed that I twinned myself with Astrud in Songes - how delightful! I'm also in the edp and I completely agree that it's not too strong, even for the hottest days. I used to shy away from them, but I've really grown to adore rich and sultry tropical florals in the summer. Anyway, you smell wonderful!!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Good Morning. This morning I am in another of my own. A Vetiver I have been working on for some time. I am trying to keep this one as true to the Vetiver as possible. This one has light accents of Tobacco, Tolu, Tonka, and Gardenia. So far, a favorite. I hope everyone had a safe and fun 4th yesterday. I wore this Vetiver last night as well and received a few compliments.
    You can check out my fragrances at www.garnerjames.com
    While I work on the website, you can email me for any inquiries at james@garnerjames.com

Basenotes Plus

Jon, I'm so glad to know you're feeling better. xoxo

Scent twins with Larimar in the gorgeous Sous le Vent, wish you all a very good day!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Basenotes Institution

Granville by Christian Dior

"One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

I'm finally getting in here today to post. Watched the women's semifinals of Wimbly, and the predictable outcomes. I also have a feeling that tomorrow's outcome is somewhat predictable too.
    And I can't wait for the great matches coming up tomorrow on the men's side. Mrs. E will be watching, I'm sure. I'm taking off work just to glue myself to the TV screen.

Oh, back on topic - today's scent is Bulgari the Vert

Have a great day everyone!

I'm wearing Equistrius today.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Glad you are feeling better, Jon.

wooznib, congrats on receiving compliments on your vetiver frag. You must be doing something very right!

I'm in a bit more Amouage Gold today than I had planned-- a slip of the finger with the spray. But it is glorious anyway!

Basenotes Plus

Now fighting fit and ready for the weekend .

SotE - PDN New York.

Last edited by JON RODGERS; 5th July 2012 at 05:12 PM.

Blog Entries

SOTD: The Third Man by Caron.

Good Evening,

P.G. Jardins de Kérylos tonight. Forgot I had this one.

Best to all.

I confused Gandhajala with Larimar this morning, sorry about that! G., that is a funny pic of KL!

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    lilybelle - re. your sweet magnolia essay, I sure can relate! The magnolia in my avatar was painted by my great-grandfather. My grandmother sent it to me the year I moved to Boston, and with quite the same sentiment about my Southern roots ...but with the added expectation that it would be back in New Orleans before too long. And now it is!
    I thought of you, E., while I was writing that. I knew you would get it. What a lovely magnolia painting! Your great grandfather was talented! And your grandmother knew just how to reel you back in. Though I'm sure you wanted to be.

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    I confused Gandhajala with Larimar this morning, sorry about that! G., that is a funny pic of KL!..
    Easily done - we do joke we're twins. The way to tell us apart is by house: Larimar's chypre of choice is Guerlain's Sous le Vent, mine is Chanel's Pour Monsieur.

Quote Originally Posted by gandhajala View Post
    Easily done - we do joke we're twins. The way to tell us apart is by house: Larimar's chypre of choice is Guerlain's Sous le Vent, mine is Chanel's Pour Monsieur.
    Ok, then. Duly noted!

Hello my perfume twin for today !
    Songes is just delightful indeed.

This was meant for Evangeline, sorry it's posted at the wrong place, I don't know how I did that...

Anyway, still catching whiffs of the wonderful Songes tonight !

Thanks, ladymurasaki, you smell pretty good too !
    Last edited by Astrud; 5th July 2012 at 07:26 PM.

SOTE: Ramon Monegal Agar Musk

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Shhhhhhhhh ... I just sneak-applied JM Fresh Mint Leaf -- not popular with DH. He's got a bit of a cold, so maybe he won't notice I'm wearing some of my favorite notes.

Lily-grandiflora-belle, the magnolia is a foreign flower to this prairie girl. Thank you for helping imprint an understanding with your engaging story.

Good to see KarmaLee has electricity in Virginia.

Good job beating down that ear infection, Jon.

Cooling vibes to poor Twolf, having to move in this gawdawful heat.

Thanks to all who wished U.S. happy birthday -- especially you good-sport Brits. It's really very magnanimous of you, considering that whole revolution thing. Hope everyone understood that Shadesofbleu was relating a 4th of July tradition of barbecuing bratwurst and not interrogating children with her mention of “grilling brats.”

Your BN Reminders:

FRIDAY’S SYNC IS A “CURRENT OBSESSION”

SATURDAY’S SNIFF ’N’ SPEAK IS GREENS

In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Tom Ford for men

Hey again -

I'm in lots of luscious, vintage early-90s Samsara for the afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    I thought of you, E., while I was writing that. I knew you would get it. What a lovely magnolia painting! Your great grandfather was talented! And your grandmother knew just how to reel you back in. Though I'm sure you wanted to be.
    Thank you, lilybelle - we all think so, too! I believe everyone in my family has at least one of his paintings featured prominently in their homes ...probably most of our family friends, too. He was very prolific!

Hi, all. Seeking calm today in Shalimar edp. Have a great day!

Basenotes Institution

Quarry - oh tomorrow 's sync shouldn't be a problem for me - I'm always in the clutch of a current obsession .

I had one of those mega exhausting workouts at the gym and gulping down much needed meal replacements .

This afternoon - Coco Mademoiselle !

Aromatics Elixir (oil?)- from a sample. I need to have this in a FB. Need it!
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Posting late today. Forgot to spritz this morning and ended up testing a sample of Dueto Golden Boy that was in my purse - lots of dry church incense, barely there saffron, oud.

A couple of dabs of vintage Tabu. The hubs doesn't like it. It gave him a sneezing fit. The only fragrance I've worn lately that he hasn't complained about, other than Chantilly, was EL Pleasures.

BAL A VERSAILLES

No matter what, provided it is the right vintage, I simply marvel every time I put this on. To me, there just isn't anything as "Natural" for me to wear. Though it's my winter scent, I crave it so much that I often sneak some in the height of summer. The invitees to this "Bal" are all of my friends, and all of my people, and the ghosts and spirits of everyone I have admired: The *only* scent I have ever found to compare with Jicky. (Only problem: Vintage must be right. If interested, I have them broken down in my review of it on Fragrantica)
    "...a Chacun son Mauvais Gout."

You smell wonderful, lMdM, and your reviews are wonderful, too.

summer means fireflys

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    <snip>

Thanks to all who wished U.S. happy birthday -- especially you good-sport Brits. It's really very magnanimous of you, considering that whole revolution thing. Hope everyone understood that Shadesofbleu was relating a 4th of July tradition of barbecuing bratwurst and not interrogating children with her mention of “grilling brats.”

Thanks for clearing that up, dear Quarry! I would hate for anyone to think I was being mean to small children!

I'm wearing Helmut Lang EDP today.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Grilling brats! Actually, I do know what that is...I looove bratwurst.

Thank you, Quarry, Shades, Foustie and everybody else for your patience and kind words about my magnolia ramblings.

Love you all to bits (I do!!).

Quote Originally Posted by le mouchoir de monsieur View Post
    BAL A VERSAILLES

No matter what, provided it is the right vintage, I simply marvel every time I put this on. To me, there just isn't anything as "Natural" for me to wear. Though it's my winter scent, I crave it so much that I often sneak some in the height of summer. The invitees to this "Bal" are all of my friends, and all of my people, and the ghosts and spirits of everyone I have admired: The *only* scent I have ever found to compare with Jicky. (Only problem: Vintage must be right. If interested, I have them broken down in my review of it on Fragrantica)
    You smell great. Bal was my first proper perfume, aged 10 or so and still have the bottle from the mid 70s. My father brought it back from Paris and I was immediately captured by it.
    Do happy

YSL L'Homme Gingembre
    Gary

Diorissimo EDT

OK. Who wants to smell my new Magnolia? Kalli, 30R, and TWolf as soon as I get her new addy. Who else?
    While I work on the website, you can email me for any inquiries at james@garnerjames.com

Basenotes Plus

Wooznib, I would love to smell your new Magnolia.

Jo Malone Iris & Lady Moore for SotE.

Send me your addy sending out mail on Monday