Code of Conduct

Post Thanks / Like

Default I Bought A Real, NOT FAKE, Creed Virgin Island Water!

A few days ago, I saw a listing on eBay that had new bottles of Creed Virgin Island Water for $137 with free shipping. I thought it was too good to be true, but I decided to take a chance. I bought it, and it took 7 days to get here

It arrived today, and I performed a BIG, hour-long inspection on it. It's the real thing! I have batch number A6210M01, and it's located on the box AND bottle. This batch doesn't have as much lime as I wanted, but it still smells good. This batch smells like a bunch of creamy sugar with lime hiding in the background That's the best way for me to describe it. I'd rather have the limey version, to tell you the truth. Also, this box that I received only had the Arabic insert in it. I wish it had the one with English on it so I could read it.

For some strange reason, the seller removed the Virgin Island Water from his store. I don't know why. This is my first time buying an actual bottle of a Creed fragrance, and I'm satisfied. I feel like I'm up there with the "big dogs" now! All of you were so right about the sprayer. This sprayer is the best I've ever experienced. It's like a tidal wave coming out of a bottle!

By the way... If you're wondering who the seller is, it is "1-perfumes". That seller does have other Creed fragrances for sale, but not Virgin Island Water. There's a good chance that they're authentic just like the Virgin Island Water I bought from 1-perfumes.

Default Re: I Bought A Real, NOT FAKE, Creed Virgin Island Water!

Congrats and enjoy your purchase.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slesperado View Post
    A few days ago, I saw a listing on eBay that had new bottles of Creed Virgin Island Water for $137 with free shipping. I thought it was too good to be true, but I decided to take a chance.
    Congrats on your purchase. Assuming you purchased a 4 oz bottle, $137 seems about the typical asking price for a grey market VIW. You can get it for even less from Fragrancenet (after discount code and eBates cash back).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaliDude View Post
    Congrats on your purchase. Assuming you purchased a 4 oz bottle, $137 seems about the typical asking price for a grey market VIW. You can get it for even less from Fragrancenet (after discount code and eBates cash back).
    lol, way to rub it in. COLD BLOODED
    I'm liquidating my collection to help fund my site. Please show your support for the FPindex and buy buy buy - Tuscan Leather, Egoiste, Costume National 21, etc!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/302...**-Come-on-in-)

Founder of the Fragrance Potency Index (FPindex)
    Providing real data on fragrance projection and sillage! Check it out
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/FPIndex
    Facebook: [utl]http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fragrance-Potency-Index/422023624539612[/url]

Haha, does it say "Toilet Water" on the back?

VIW can be had sometimes for cheaper BUT $137 is still a good deal. Enjoy.

Basenotes Junkie
    Post Thanks / Like

A great, fun Summer fragrance. Enjoy it.

I picked up my bottle from Ebay last year for about the same price. Wore it yesterday, its longevity is fantastic. I could still smell it on myself a good 14 hours later.
    Current top 10:

1. L'Artisan Dzing!
    2. Lorenzo Villoresi Yerbamate
    3. Guerlain Bois d'Armenie
    4. L'Artisan Al Oudh
    5. Bond No. 9 Andy Warhol Silver Factory
    6. Parfumerie Generale Bois Blond
    7. Andy Tauer L'Air du Desert Marocain
    8. Guerlain Derby
    9. Geo F Trumper Eucris
    10. Parfum d'Empire Ambre Russe

Post Thanks / Like

You're right. Fragrancenet does have it a little cheaper after the discount. The only reason I didn't buy it from them is because their shipping time is very slow. Also, they used UPS when they shipped Dior Homme Intense to me. The bottle was so hot when I received it that I was almost afraid to put it on.

I have some bad news about the Virgin Island Water that I bought. I had to return it. It was the REAL THING! It really was, but that batch had no longevity or projection. It wouldn't last longer than 90 minutes. Now I know why there are a few people on here that complain about VIW's longevity. This was crazy to me because all of the batches I tried in the past have lasted on my skin for 12+ hours. The first time I tried VIW, I was embarrassed to go outside because of how strong it was. I'm glad I did go out though because girls loved it on me Creed must have messed up on that A6210M01 batch. I was wondering why the lime was so weak in it.

The eBay seller was really cool about it. He said that he'll accept the return as long as I paid shipping. He did give me the refund as soon as he received the VIW from me.

Now I'm trying another, more expensive, seller on eBay. I'll see how that works out. I told the new seller, "I don't want any 'scratched' serial numbers!"

Baklini, I don't think it had Toilet Water written on the back of it.

Post Thanks / Like

Pic or it didn't happen
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Post Thanks / Like

Just save up some more cash and get it direct from your local boutique after sampling the batch there. Problem solved.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't give my money to Creed due to their inconsistency.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Livingdead View Post
    Just save up some more cash and get it direct from your local boutique after sampling the batch there. Problem solved.
    My idea! I rather spend some more than to be paranoid wether it's real or fake. Or will arrive...

I'm a little surprised the seller accepted the return. I personally don't think it's a legitimate reason to return an admittedly authentic Creed because it doesn't smell like the batch you wanted. We all know Creeds don't smell alike from year to year or batch to batch, and we curse ourselves and buy them anyway because the good batches are magical. But if the seller accepted it, great.

For what it's worth, several have reported that the lime is reduced in more recent batches, and that's my experience too -- my 2010 is very subtle on the lime, which is why I love it. And it lasts forever on me -- at least eight or nine hours.
    Current Top Ten:

1. Creed Millesime Imperial
    2. Serge Lutens Chergui
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Creed Virgin Island Water
    5. Chanel Eau de Cologne
    6. Thierry Mugler Pure Havane
    7. Van Cleef & Arpels Pour Homme
    8. Bulgari Blu
    9. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    10. YSL Kouros

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by barclaydetolly View Post
    For what it's worth, several have reported that the lime is reduced in more recent batches, and that's my experience too -- my 2010 is very subtle on the lime, which is why I love it. And it lasts forever on me -- at least eight or nine hours.
    I too have a 2010 batch, but the lime is very prominent. I would say the lime note is in the forefront and the coconut is in the background. I get pretty good longevity as well, around 8 hours. Batch # is A6210L01 and I got it from Fragrancenet. I am very satisfied with my bottle.

I too have a 2010 batch, but the lime is very prominent. I would say the lime note is in the forefront and the coconut is in the background. I get pretty good longevity as well, around 8 hours. Batch # is A6210L01 and I got it from Fragrancenet. I am very satisfied with my bottle.
    Hehe. Darn that Creed. My 2010 VIW's lime is way turned down (almost nonexistent), and it's really coconut heavy; your 2010 lime is prominent.

Oh, well. I love mine too.
    Current Top Ten:

2. Serge Lutens Chergui
    5. Chanel Eau de Cologne
    8. Bulgari Blu
    10. YSL Kouros

Post Thanks / Like

"I bought a REAL VIW, Not FAKE, and i RETURNED it!!!"
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Tom Ford Oud Fleur, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-

*CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Tom Ford Plum Japonais, Oud Fleur, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    "I bought a REAL VIW, Not FAKE, and i RETURNED it!!!"

Too Funny...

Post Thanks / Like

Did you ask for the batch number on the new bottle you're ordering?

If not, I hope they accept the "I'd like to return this fragrance..." email you're gonna send them if you don't like it. This seller may not be so lenient...

Get samples of different batches, find the one you like, and call the Creed Boutique and tell them you're looking for a particular batch. I'm sure they would be accommodating?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes. I did return the first one because it was way weaker than the 4 or 5 other batches I tried before. I thought the batch issue was only with Aventus. It's not the first authentic cologne I've returned though. Anyway... What is up with all of this shady (CREED) business going on?

This time, I bought from eBay seller "antaresprocom". I asked the seller about the serial numbers. They finally responded today, telling me that they had no information because the bottle was being handled by an "outside company". A short while later, I received an e-mail from "sales@antarespro.com", saying that my order of VIW had processed through a website named AntaresPro.com. So I went to that website, and I saw the same bottle of VIW is $141.99. The seller on eBay sold it for $159.21, excluding shipping! That's almost a $20 difference! And guess what else. It's shipping via FedEx Ground from DEER PARK, NY, which happens to be where FragranceNet is located! I think this will be my first time giving a seller a negative review on eBay. This bottle better be a strong batch like the previous ones I've tried!

From now and on, I will buy my future bottles of VIW from Neiman Marcus or Creed and pay the big bucks :'(

Yes. I did return the first one because it was way weaker than the 4 or 5 other batches I tried before. I thought the batch issue was only with Aventus. It's not the first authentic cologne I've returned though. Anyway... What is up with all of this shady (CREED) business going on?

This time, I bought from eBay seller "antaresprocom". I asked the seller about the serial numbers. They finally responded today, telling me that they had no information because the bottle was being handled by an "outside company". A short while later, I received an e-mail from "sales@antarespro.com", saying that my order of VIW had processed through a website named AntaresPro.com. So I went to that website, and I saw the same bottle of VIW is $141.99. The seller on eBay sold it for $159.21, excluding shipping! That's almost a $20 difference! And guess what else. It's shipping via FedEx Ground from DEER PARK, NY, which happens to be where FragranceNet is located! I think this will be my first time giving a seller a negative review on eBay. This bottle better be a strong batch like the previous ones I've tried!

From now and on, I will buy my future bottles of VIW from Neiman Marcus or Creed and pay the big bucks :'(
    I'm sorry, but nothing about what you are describing, in my opinion, seems "shady."

You bought a bottle of Creed on Ebay, without asking for the serial number, for a price you obviously thought was fair.

After you bought it (not before), you asked about the serial number and was told it wasn't available. And then, again after your purchase, you did some checking and found the Creed for a better price, perhaps offered by the same seller or one of its affiliates, offered outside of Ebay. This happens all the time. How is that "shady" on the part of the seller? Why on earth would you announce you're going to give the seller negative feedback when you haven't even received the product you ordered?

Even if you don't like Ebay, you can always buy from a reputable discounter like fragrancex.com or scentiments. Right now you can get a 4 oz. bottle of VIW from fragrancex for $131.39, after using the basenotes discount code. Far, far cheaper than Creed or Neiman's, though it's up to you.
    Current Top Ten:

2. Serge Lutens Chergui
    5. Chanel Eau de Cologne
    8. Bulgari Blu
    10. YSL Kouros

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't know basenotes had a discount on Fragrancex. I was aware of other stores selling it for a lower price. The reason I bought it from this seller is because I wanted to get it from a different source and also have it shipped through USPS. These are the reasons for the negative feedback:

#1. The seller is not the source, but makes it look like he is.
    #2. The seller said the bottle was going to be shipped from Twinsburg, Ohio. But yesterday I found out that it's really being shipped from Deer Park, New York. If I would have known it was coming from New York, I wouldn't have bought it in the first place.
    #3. The seller opened up an account on AntaresPro.com under my name without my consent.

I asked the seller about the serial number at the same time I bought it, but I didn't get his response until two days later. Even if I do get a strong batch, that won't excuse the other things the seller did in this transaction. That's why I consider it to be shady.

Even though I returned my first VIW bottle, the first seller received a positive rating from me on eBay because he was very professional, upfront, and honest about everything. He was also quick to respond to my questions. I can't say the same about the current seller.

Sound Scents
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't know basenotes had a discount on Fragrancex. I was aware of other stores selling it for a lower price. The reason I bought it from this seller is because I wanted to get it from a different source and also have it shipped through USPS. These are the reasons for the negative feedback:

#1. The seller is not the source, but makes it look like he is.
    #2. The seller said the bottle was going to be shipped from Twinsburg, Ohio. But yesterday I found out that it's really being shipped from Deer Park, New York. If I would have known it was coming from New York, I wouldn't have bought it in the first place.
    #3. The seller opened up an account on AntaresPro.com under my name without my consent.

I asked the seller about the serial number at the same time I bought it, but I didn't get his response until two days later. Even if I do get a strong batch, that won't excuse the other things the seller did in this transaction. That's why I consider it to be shady.

Even though I returned my first VIW bottle, the first seller received a positive rating from me on eBay because he was very professional, upfront, and honest about everything. He was also quick to respond to my questions. I can't say the same about the current seller.
    Of course you must act as you feel is right, but none of the things you list here IMO warrant negative feedback.

FedEx Ground is a more expensive service for the seller to ship the product (assuming it is to a residence) and has $100 of guaranteed insurance if the package is damaged or lost with much better tracking. Technically the USPS does not accept fragrances for shipment due to them being classified as ORM-D (hazardous flammable material). Of course most eBay folks (and many others to be honest) bypass that regulation, but technically the seller is acting in accordance with postal regulations, so it seems a bit tough to slam them for doing so.

Third-party shipping is quite common for sellers on eBay and even large companies like Amazon... I don't see any deception there.

As to Antarespro.com I have no idea who they are, but if it is a shipment/payment processing site, that may be how the seller keeps track of their drop shipments.

Bottom line is I guess you are one tough customer. :-)
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driů) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

To add to what was said above, using a third party source is extremely common in may areas. Look at electronics/computer parts and supplies. Even the largest etailers stock little of what they sell. This way the can offer the consumers a one stop shop at competitive prices.

In regards to the bottle arriving hot through UPS, wondering what makes you think that USPS or any carrier would be different. It is not like they move using air-conditioned trucks or warehouse/terminals. Not to mention, it sitting in your mailbox in the hot weather all day long waiting for your arrival home to collect your new purchase.

Post Thanks / Like

Well... I'm usually a very lenient customer on eBay. I've never given a seller on there negative feedback, and I've bought things dozens of times. My biggest problem with what happened in this case is that I passed up cheaper sellers specifically because they were shipping from far places like New York and California. This seller has VIW listed as shipping from Ohio, so I decided to pay the extra money just for that purpose. If I would have know it was actually going to ship from New York, I would have gone ahead with the much cheaper sellers. I've never had anyone on eBay ship from the different location than what they had posted. Now, I'm scheduled to receive it 10 days after the purchase date.

Post Thanks / Like

LOL for some reason I don't feel bad for you. Not to be an ass, but that's the luck of the draw i guess.

It doesn't sound like you are getting much sympathy here. lol.

Anyone who tries to get things 50% cheaper than the retail price by buying them online is going to have a bumpy ride at times. That is why when I purchased my Aventus a few months back I went straight to the Creed Boutique. I didn't know much about batch numbers, so I didn't inquire. I just wanted to be sure it would be fresh and legit. Period. So, I paid top dollar. But I received exactly what I was expecting.

And if you are real finicky about the transportation, you should pick it up in store. But of course, I am not telling you anything you don't already know -- you are just venting. I get that. Good luck with your VIW!
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Brückner - Aoud 1
    4. Armani Privé - Oud Royal
    5. by Kilian - Incense Oud
    6. Dior - Vetiver
    7. Les Nez - Turtle Vetiver Back
    8. Neela Vermeire - Trayee
    9. Amouage - Jubilation XXV
    10. Creed - Royal English Leather

Post Thanks / Like

What is the Basenotes discount code?

Post Thanks / Like

Good lord.. this thread does nothing to dispel the notion of the Creed Superfan who finds himself perpetually addled with batch and longevity paranoia. I'd absolutely love to be privvy to Creed's backlog of customer service emails, I can only imagine the flood of emails coming in every day with complaints like "My dog barked at my bottle of GIT a few days ago and ever since then I get poor longevity from it" or "Dear Creed, this morning I left a warm cup of tea near my bottle of Aventus and when I sprayed myself 30 times just now I get NO PINEAPPLE!!!!" Creed couldn't pay me enough to be their customer service agent.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, I hope this was a "learning experience" for the OP.

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    What is the Basenotes discount code?
    waiting