Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 60 of 62
  1. #1

    Default any honey fragrance

    Hi I have had good look around but can't find much. Does any know any decent priced fragrance with nice rich honey scent. Thanks

  2. #2
    teardrop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The south of England
    Posts
    6,135
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: any honey fragrance

    Hi & welcome!

    Try Honey Coconut by Love & Toast; it's much more honey than coconut, & inexpensive. lt's available from lndiescents.com (not affiliated).
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

  3. #3
    Dependent The Smelly Scientist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Knoxville, TN (Japan in spirit...)
    Posts
    1,241

    Default Re: any honey fragrance

    You might want to check out a split of Leather Oud. Animalic honey.
    Pure Havane is another good one too, and is currently available from Mugler's webiste.
    I'm liquidating my collection to help fund my site. Please show your support for the FPindex and buy buy buy - Tuscan Leather, Egoiste, Costume National 21, etc!

    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/302...**-Come-on-in-)


    Founder of the Fragrance Potency Index (FPindex)
    Providing real data on fragrance projection and sillage! Check it out
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/FPIndex
    Facebook: [utl]http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fragrance-Potency-Index/422023624539612[/url]

  4. #4

    Default Re: any honey fragrance

    I will look for sample of leather aoud, I did try oil of that from surrati but was revolting smell. In sure the reel one is nice.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Weimar
    Posts
    830

    Default Re: any honey fragrance

    Miel de Bois (Serge Lutens) was the honey-scent for me, just to let you know. If you don't live in Europe you might have a hard time finding it.

  6. #6

    Default Re: any honey fragrance

    Thanks going to order that honey and coconut Mega cheap. Not sure why so hard to find something with good honey set as I think it wild be gorgeous warming smell

    - - - Updated - - -

    Will get sample of that serge luten. Serge line seems only one where they use honey scent quite a lot

  7. #7

    Default Re: any honey fragrance

    L'occitane used to have some good honey scents. They had a Honey Gentle Water, which I think was discontinued, but you might be able to locate some if it pops up online somewhere. Their latest one was Honey & Lemon, I believe. One was plain and the other had a shimmer to it. It would occasionally show up again for a limited time during their online sales. I think it retailed for just under $40 for a big spray bottle. Just took a peek and don't see it, but keep your eye out in case it reappears. Hopefully, L'Occitane will come out with another honey scent soon. They keep discontinuing them, despite the many fans.

    I haven't tried this, but Demeter makes a Honey fragrance. If it turns out to be a mistake, at least it will be a cheap one.
    Now I'm tempted to buy this one.
    http://www.demeterfragrance.com/7041...cts/Honey.html

  8. #8

    Default Re: any honey fragrance

    Hi I can't find Honey Coconut by Love & Toast anywhere that ships to UK. Really want it as got great reviews

  9. #9

    Default Re: any honey fragrance

    I love honey. A real cheapo one with honey is John Varvatos, it's discontinued, that's why it's so cheap. Can be found on Ebay and discount stores like TJ Maxx/Ross if you are lucky. Also, there's Lancome's Hypnose Senses. Can be found for cheaper. Lady Million is all about honey..a mini bottle can be found for cheap. Another cheap one..Elige by Mary Kay, discontinued but can be found on ebay. Also, never sniffed this one but there's Beeswax by Demeter, that can be found for cheap. Also, Pacifica's Vanilla Island is cheap. Hope that helps.
    "Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it." -Mark Twain

  10. #10

    Default Re: any honey fragrance

    Hi Iwill definitely look out for the l'Occitane for when it comes up. Never thought about them much to look at but seem popular.
    Ill search up Demeter aswel. As many different ones I can the better lol

  11. #11

    Default Re: any honey fragrance

    Almost forgot, MAC Cosmetics came out with two honey fragrances a few years ago: Africanimal and Naked Honey. Both are discontinued unfortunately and were about $25 for 20 ml. But, I have seen them at the The Cosmetic Company Stores, which are outlet stores in the US, that sell products from Estee Lauder owned companies at a discount. Not sure if the UK has something like that. Or maybe they could be online or at discount stores.

  12. #12
    Basenotes Plus
    knit at nite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    CA, Central Coast
    Posts
    4,837

    Default Re: any honey fragrance

    adding smell bent's prairie nymph, just me montana Pricier is soir de lune Sisley
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

  13. #13
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Búzios
    Posts
    82,660

    Default Re: any honey fragrance

    Immortelle De Corse by L'Occitane has a very nice honey note.

  14. #14
    teardrop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The south of England
    Posts
    6,135
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: any honey fragrance

    Quote Originally Posted by 8Gaumond5 View Post
    Hi I can't find Honey Coconut by Love & Toast anywhere that ships to UK. Really want it as got great reviews
    l bought my bottle online from lndiescents & l am in the UK.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

  15. #15

    Default Re: any honey fragrance

    Tokyo Milk - Honey and the Moon

  16. #16

    Default Re: any honey fragrance

    +1 Smell Bent. They have quite a lot of good honey fragrances, one being the cinnamon/clove spiced honey of discontinued Hansel & Dreidel (he probably still has a bottle if you get in touch). +1 Prairie Nymph is also a brilliant one - delicately paired with mandarin I think.

    Browse on the site - there's bound to be more.

    By the way dude if you're in the UK, PM me if you'd like a little sample of Miel De Bois to try

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    6,675

    Default Re: any honey fragrance

    Quote Originally Posted by Hayven View Post
    Tokyo Milk - Honey and the Moon
    +1. Tokyo Milk - Honey and the Moon No. 10 is a sweet honey with sugary florals and a hint of creamy sandalwood. Albeit somewhat linear, it's a reasonably-priced, feminine fragrance.

  18. #18

    Default Re: any honey fragrance

    Giorgio For Men - Honey and patchouli.

  19. #19

    Default Re: any honey fragrance

    I get my honey hit from Etat Libre d'Orange Noel au Balcon. Quite a warm fragrence so not the best for summer (Christmas on the Balcony and all that) but it's lovely and not too expensive. Otherwise I get honey from Tobacco Vanille (plenty of splits on here for it)
    Tom Ford Black Orchid
    Acqua di Parma Colonia
    Creed Baie de Genievre
    Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan
    Serge Lutens Rahat Loukoum
    Serge Lutens Douce Amere
    Parfum d'Empire Aziyade
    MFK Lumiere Noire
    Etat Libre d'Orange Noel au Balcon
    Etat Libre d'Orange Delicious Closet Queen
    Guerlain Habit Rouge


    There ain't no devil - that's just god when he's drunk

  20. #20

    Default Re: any honey fragrance

    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Immortelle De Corse by L'Occitane has a very nice honey note.
    Strongly recommended, a personal favourite. Grab it while you can.

    P.S.

    If you ever have the opportunity to try (or buy) the first L'Abeille (Guerlain), 2010 I think, that has a light honey and pollen quality that is better than anything else I have come across.
    Last edited by mr. reasonable; 9th September 2012 at 07:04 AM.

  21. #21

    Default Re: any honey fragrance

    Here's a list of fragrances you might want to check...

    Fumerie Turque (honeyed tobacco)
    Ambre Muscadin (old-school oriental)
    Mitzah (incensey)
    Bal A Versailes EDC (a wower)
    Absolue Pour Le Soir (complex and resiny)
    Cologne Pour Le Soir (rose-honey)
    Chene (boozy-woody)
    Acqua Di Cuba (honeyed-tobacco)
    Intrigant Patchouli (animalic patch)
    Anvers (woody)
    Chergui (the crowdpleaser)


    for more suggestions, you need Sculpture of Soul here....


    Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

  22. #22

    Default Re: any honey fragrance

    Tenere and Boss #1.

  23. #23

    Default Re: any honey fragrance

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    Tenere.
    Great call...


    Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

  24. #24

  25. #25

    Default Re: any honey fragrance

    +1 for the Luten's and Tenere.
    Borneo 1834 is another honeyed Lutens.

    You could also check out M/Mink for an unusual take on honey.

  26. #26
    Dependent The Smelly Scientist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Knoxville, TN (Japan in spirit...)
    Posts
    1,241

    Default Re: any honey fragrance

    Is there anything that is boozy-honey? Like SdV but with honey in the place of vanilla?
    I'm liquidating my collection to help fund my site. Please show your support for the FPindex and buy buy buy - Tuscan Leather, Egoiste, Costume National 21, etc!

    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/302...**-Come-on-in-)


    Founder of the Fragrance Potency Index (FPindex)
    Providing real data on fragrance projection and sillage! Check it out
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/FPIndex
    Facebook: [utl]http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fragrance-Potency-Index/422023624539612[/url]

  27. #27

    Default Re: any honey fragrance

    Quote Originally Posted by eggy View Post
    Is there anything that is boozy-honey? Like SdV but with honey in the place of vanilla?
    It's not so much pure honey but you might want to try Chene by Serge Lutens -
    after the raw cut timber up top, there is a boozy rum accord pretty potent in the heart with a syrupy honeyed beeswax, it's very good

  28. #28
    Dependent The Smelly Scientist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Knoxville, TN (Japan in spirit...)
    Posts
    1,241

    Default Re: any honey fragrance

    man that does sound good...
    I'm liquidating my collection to help fund my site. Please show your support for the FPindex and buy buy buy - Tuscan Leather, Egoiste, Costume National 21, etc!

    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/302...**-Come-on-in-)


    Founder of the Fragrance Potency Index (FPindex)
    Providing real data on fragrance projection and sillage! Check it out
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/FPIndex
    Facebook: [utl]http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fragrance-Potency-Index/422023624539612[/url]

  29. #29

    Default Re: any honey fragrance

    Gosh, I think I get to try Chene soon from a sample..oh yeah! Ohhhh yeeaah!
    "Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it." -Mark Twain

  30. #30
    Dependent The Smelly Scientist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Knoxville, TN (Japan in spirit...)
    Posts
    1,241

    Default Re: any honey fragrance

    I tried L'Occitane Immortelle de Corse today...

    It reminded me a LOT, of Pure Havane, until the drydown, where I'm getting a bitter dried fruit accord. Very nice fragrance but I don't think I need it right now.

    I do love honey though... can't wait to try some of these others.
    I'm liquidating my collection to help fund my site. Please show your support for the FPindex and buy buy buy - Tuscan Leather, Egoiste, Costume National 21, etc!

    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/302...**-Come-on-in-)


    Founder of the Fragrance Potency Index (FPindex)
    Providing real data on fragrance projection and sillage! Check it out
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/FPIndex
    Facebook: [utl]http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fragrance-Potency-Index/422023624539612[/url]

  31. #31

    Default Re: any honey fragrance

    Back to Black opens with a very realistic honey accord.

  32. #32
    Basenotes Member mia von trost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Mannheim & Zurich
    Posts
    93

    Default Re: any honey fragrance

    Honey Blossom by Aftelier: linden/lime blossom, mimosa and orange blossom - translucent honey theme and a lovely frag.
    Un parfum doit avant tout sent bon. - Guy Robert -

    On the EU's amendment to sharpen restrictions on fragrance allergens

  33. #33

    Default Re: any honey fragrance

    Spice for him by M.micallef I can say it's smell honey and it has a very good longevity and projection

    - - - Updated - - -

    Spice for him by M.micallef I can say it's smell honey and it has a very good longevity and projection

  34. #34

    Default Re: any honey fragrance

    Pure Havane.

  35. #35

    Default Re: any honey fragrance

    Quote Originally Posted by 8Gaumond5 View Post
    Hi I have had good look around but can't find much. Does any know any decent priced fragrance with nice rich honey scent. Thanks
    I hate when honey is overpowering and cloyingly sweet or darkly bitter, but i love the honeyed scent of MÉCHANT LOUP by L'artisan Parfumer. The main notes are honey and hazelnut. Like all LaP fragrances, it might not last that long for everyone, but it does seem to linger on my skin for hours, becoming a soft, powdery veil--reminding me of autumn leaves underfoot and smoke off in the distance--meaning it doesn't come on too strong like most unisex/masculine frags. It's definitely not a floral or sweet honey, more like the embodiment of soul of the forest and all the scents associated with trees--nuts, honey, burning wood, dry leaves. The name itself hints of the mystery and danger of the woods at twighlight. It is most unique, please sample it. Tokyo Milk's Honey and the Moon is lovely and similarly light, but a very sweet gourmand type honey.

    Good luck!

  36. #36

    Default Re: any honey fragrance

    I really love the honey note from Serge Lutens's Chergui. Maybe check out a sample of that. I've only tried the second reformulation (redish brown juice, newer "SL" logo on the bottle), but I like it a lot.

  37. #37

    Default Re: any honey fragrance

    Leather Oud has a great honey drydown.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Leather Oud has a great honey drydown.

  38. #38

    Default Re: any honey fragrance

    +1 to:
    Lutens - Miel de Bois and Chergui
    Kilian - Back to Black
    L'Occitane - Lemon&Honey
    Tom Ford - Tobacco Vanilla

    maybe something like Goutal's Sables
    Vintage Boss #1
    Tom Ford Splits!!!!
    Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Noir de Noir, Oud Wood
    Plum Japonais,
    Lavender Palm, Tobacco Oud, Café Rose, etc...



    Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

  39. #39

    Default Re: any honey fragrance

    maybe something like Goutal's Sables
    I wear Sables all the time and unless I'm tragically off (considering it's bassically my signature) the notes are immortelle, cinnamon, pepper, black tea sandalwood and amber. No honey notes and - to my nose at least - no honey accords although the immortelle might lend itself to a honey-like accord; I know in the cold a lot of people say it smells like pancakes and maple syrup.

  40. #40
    Dependent
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    killeen texas
    Posts
    1,143

    Default Re: any honey fragrance

    pure havane

  41. #41

    Default Re: any honey fragrance

    Ginestet "Botrytris"- the ultimate sweet, honey fragrance with boozy, candied fruit. Great longevity,too.

  42. #42
    Dependent
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    killeen texas
    Posts
    1,143

    Default Re: any honey fragrance

    Tokyo Milk

  43. #43

    Default Re: any honey fragrance

    L' Occitane Eau de Miel
    L' Occitane Miel & Citron (Honey & Lemon)
    L' Occitane Miel & Vanille (Honey & Vanilla)

    Affordable honey based scents.
    Mirror mirror on the wall, who's the fairest of them all?

  44. #44

    Default Re: any honey fragrance

    I just tried my sample of Back to Black by Kilian. Incredible scent. I definitely recommend checking it out if you're looking for a good honey fragrance. I might even like it better than Chergui.

  45. #45

    Default Re: any honey fragrance

    I agree with Jack and bigsley.... Giorgio and boss #1..... two great honey fragrances.

  46. #46

    Default Re: any honey fragrance

    Absolue Pour Le Soir! It is animalic honey

  47. #47

    Default Re: any honey fragrance

    I do get a strong honey dry-down from Chanel Antaeus, must be, so I reckon, the finishing beeswax accord.

  48. #48

    Default Re: any honey fragrance

    Aw, it's not cheap, sorry! But if you are interested in honey notes don't miss the chance to try Ramon Monegal Cuirelle, a soft, sensual honeyed suede. It's gorgeous. For a woman or a man.

  49. #49

    Default Re: any honey fragrance

    The two scents I wear that remind me of honey are:

    Back to Black, which is a very suave blend of *very distinctly* honeyed accords that is a kind of "velvet honey." It's also rather obvious that it's a honey scent, as, frankly, it smells so much like honey once the initial cherry tobacco haze of the flight wears off. This has a bad rep because "it's so expensive" but it's not in the least when you consider that it's a true "perfume," and just a tiny wee bit is required for an entire fragrant journey that lasts the entire day: It might also be bought as refills at a much lesser cost. It's superb and beautiful and *very* sexy.

    Bal a Versailles Eau de Cologne: (Vintage, pre-1983: Squarish bottle with gold tone screw cap, white box) This one truly is a masterpiece. It's so stunning that it almost makes you cry to think it will never be made again, ever, and that it could never even be copied. It's interesting that you can even find this still on e-bay, and it's not a million dollars. The thing that's tricky is getting the right vintage, as all of that nonsense in the metallic gold box and round spray bottles is just rubbish--all of it--however, before Jean Desprez was sold to some po-dunk american company who destroyed it, then re-sold to another one, it was generally recognized as one of the most exquisite perfumes in the world. It's so complex that it initially shocks: You may not like it at all at first but it can become so addictive that you can't sleep unless you have a bottle next to your bed. It is less specifically "Honey" and more "Beeswax," yet it is never clear in any of its effects--always oblique and mysterious--but it's the beeswax that keeps me it's slave. Also: Not to forget: The EDC, PDT, and P are all different fragrances designed to be layered. The EDC is the one where the honey/beeswax just soars to heights previously unimagined, and that will never again be replicated.

    Here's a trick: The thing about these two scents is this: Back to black can be cloying and almost too cuddly and romantic. Naturally, it smells good--but, very oddly, it borders on "too good," a bit like ELO's "Rien." (I own this and can't wear it because i just can't take that kind of attention--where *everywhere* I go people are nuzzling me and asking what I'm wearing. I hate that.) Bal a versaille, on the other hand, can be seen as slightly offensive by today's standards as it's frankly raunchy in a very unapologetic way, but, noblesse oblige, never in an obvious way, like something from Serge Lutens. If you do a "Back to Black" Sandwich--by lightly misting with Bal a Versailles, which vintage *did not* come in a vapo, or rarely, so it has to be decanted to be sprayed, then dabbing with Back to Black, then after that has died down re-misting with Bal a versailles, you get THE MOST intoxicating honey scent. The two just marry each other seamlessly--and bring what the other lacks--it's just hard to tell which is the boy and which is the girl. The end result is 100% unisex. It just smells GOOD.
    Last edited by le mouchoir de monsieur; 10th September 2012 at 04:17 AM.
    "...a Chacun son Mauvais Gout."

  50. #50

    Default Re: any honey fragrance

    Quote Originally Posted by le mouchoir de monsieur View Post
    The two scents I wear that remind me of honey are:

    Back to Black, which is a very suave blend of *very distinctly* honeyed accords that is a kind of "velvet honey." It's also rather obvious that it's a honey scent, as, frankly, it smells so much like honey once the initial cherry tobacco haze of the flight wears off. This has a bad rep because "it's so expensive" but it's not in the least when you consider that it's a true "perfume," and just a tiny wee bit is required for an entire fragrant journey that lasts the entire day: It might also be bought as refills at a much lesser cost. It's superb and beautiful and *very* sexy.

    Bal a Versailles Eau de Cologne: (Vintage, pre-1983: Squarish bottle with gold tone screw cap, white box) This one truly is a masterpiece. It's so stunning that it almost makes you cry to think it will never be made again, ever, and that it could never even be copied. It's interesting that you can even find this still on e-bay, and it's not a million dollars. The thing that's tricky is getting the right vintage, as all of that nonsense in the metallic gold box and round spray bottles is just rubbish--all of it--however, before Jean Desprez was sold to some po-dunk american company who destroyed it, then re-sold to another one, it was generally recognized as one of the most exquisite perfumes in the world. It's so complex that it initially shocks: You may not like it at all at first but it can become so addictive that you can't sleep unless you have a bottle next to your bed. It is less specifically "Honey" and more "Beeswax," yet it is never clear in any of its effects--always oblique and mysterious--but it's the beeswax that keeps me it's slave. Also: Not to forget: The EDC, PDT, and P are all different fragrances designed to be layered. The EDC is the one where the honey/beeswax just soars to heights previously unimagined, and that will never again be replicated.

    Here's a trick: The thing about these two scents is this: Back to black can be cloying and almost too cuddly and romantic. Naturally, it smells good--but, very oddly, it borders on "too good," a bit like ELO's "Rien." (I own this and can't wear it because i just can't take that kind of attention--where *everywhere* I go people are nuzzling me and asking what I'm wearing. I hate that.) Bal a versaille, on the other hand, can be seen as slightly offensive by today's standards as it's frankly raunchy in a very unapologetic way, but, noblesse oblige, never in an obvious way, like something from Serge Lutens. If you do a "Back to Black" Sandwich--by lightly misting with Bal a Versailles, which vintage *did not* come in a vapo, or rarely, so it has to be decanted to be sprayed, then dabbing with Back to Black, then after that has died down re-misting with Bal a versailles, you get THE MOST intoxicating honey scent. The two just marry each other seamlessly--and bring what the other lacks--it's just hard to tell which is the boy and which is the girl. The end result is 100% unisex. It just smells GOOD.
    I have to agree with the "nuzzling" comment for "Back to Black". I love this scent on my husband and I do want to nuzzle in his neck when he wears it (LOL). What was odd about this fragrance is when he first tried it in the store he didn't care for it, but when we bought some other fragrances the store gave us a sample and when he used the sample-loved it (Me, especially!) I have realized, though, that I am a sucker for honey scents-both for him and myself!

  51. #51

    Default Re: any honey fragrance

    A very good honey fragrance that flies way under the radar is Delivre Moi by Libertin Louison Technique Indiscrete
    Unlike other fragrances in which honey plays a very small role as a sweetener, in Delivre Moi, the honey is the star. It sweet but as the same time transparent and smells like real honey not the sugared version that use in most fragrances. I've only smelled one other fragrance with the same treatment of the honey which is Miel de Bois by Serge Lutens. However, while Miel de Bois turns ugly and smells like urine, Delivre Moi turns powdery and remains beautiful its whole lifespan

  52. #52

    Default Re: any honey fragrance

    So, did the OP end up trying Love & Toast? Love those inexpensive little treats.
    There's a natural line called Roxana Illuminated, and she uses her own honey in a fragrance called "To Bee." That's one I haven't tried yet, but the solid contains beeswax, which adds an extra element, I'd imagine. Find her on etsy.
    It's not as cheap as Love & Toast, but it ain't priced like Serge Lutens, either.

  53. #53

    Default Re: any honey fragrance

    Serge Lutens Chergui if you're looking for a sweet, mellow honey.

    Slumberhouse Sova if you're looking for the whole honey hive. Beeswax, bees, honey and all... in an a strong, wild animalic mixture.

  54. #54

    Default Re: any honey fragrance

    +1 Back to black. I can't stop smelling my arm due to the honey drydown

  55. #55

    Default Re: any honey fragrance

    Quote Originally Posted by jasonx View Post
    A very good honey fragrance that flies way under the radar is Delivre Moi by Libertin Louison Technique Indiscrete
    Unlike other fragrances in which honey plays a very small role as a sweetener, in Delivre Moi, the honey is the star. It sweet but as the same time transparent and smells like real honey not the sugared version that use in most fragrances. I've only smelled one other fragrance with the same treatment of the honey which is Miel de Bois by Serge Lutens. However, while Miel de Bois turns ugly and smells like urine, Delivre Moi turns powdery and remains beautiful its whole lifespan
    I'm sampling the Technique Indiscrete line now. They seem to be pretty lineair. Delivre Moi has a nice honey note but a bit boring IMO.

  56. #56

    Default Re: any honey fragrance

    The new Rozy Voile D'Extrait by Vero Profumo is a tremendous example of a honey / rose-driven fragrance.


    Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

  57. #57

    Default Re: any honey fragrance

    Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    The new Rozy Voile D'Extrait by Vero Profumo is a tremendous example of a honey / rose-driven fragrance.
    Totally agree!
    My current top five:

    Tiffany - Tiffany for Men (vtg)
    Yves Saint Laurent - M7 (vtg)
    Fendi - Theorema
    Chanel - Antaeus (vtg)
    Gucci - Gucci pour Homme

    ______________________________

    My sales thread | *NEW* Signoricci VTG BNIB, Capucci PH, Geo Trumper, Montana, Etro, Romeo Gigli...

    My fragrance reviews | Ye Olde Civet Cat

  58. #58
    Basenotes Junkie
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    520

    Default Re: any honey fragrance

    Tauer Vetiver Dance isn't a honey fragrance and honey isn't listed in the notes, but I get a major honey vibe from the sweet basenotes and sharp top. Smells very much like a dark honey, not a llight clover honey.

    rick

  59. #59

    Default Re: any honey fragrance

    Last edited by OPomone; 25th April 2014 at 09:07 PM.

  60. #60

    Default Re: any honey fragrance

    Quote Originally Posted by OPomone View Post
    I wonder how much Rozy may be likened to Sisley's Soir de Lune (that I like undoubtedly more than Luca Turin does).
    Fortunately (or unfortunately as the case may be), they're completely two worlds apart I'm with Turin here...


    Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 23rd May 2012, 05:59 AM
  2. A simple, easy to wear honey fragrance?
    By 30 Roses in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 1st May 2010, 01:24 AM
  3. Tea for Two... too much honey?
    By Rodolfo in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 19th December 2008, 09:10 AM
  4. Honey?
    By ineespenes in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 16th December 2006, 01:16 AM
  5. Honey
    By RTbar in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 8th November 2005, 04:49 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000