Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question The " best " niche house in your opinion...mention just one (1 )......"the very best "

we have in the market around 43 niche houses , more or less.
    They seem to grow up...raise..in the next future.
    Everybody wants to be a perfumer...having its own house.
    Regarding to this fact,very human I.M.O., which House is your preferred among the others ???
    tks
    al

Default Re: The " best " niche house in your opinion...mention just one (1 )......"the very best "

I think it has to be Frederic Malle. Visionary concept and not a dud among the fragrances.

Default Re: The " best " niche house in your opinion...mention just one (1 )......"the very best "

Amouage make good fragrances but it's their oil attars where they really shine.

Dependent

I really enjoy Frederic Malle too. Looking at some of their fragrances
    Current Top 5:
    1. Frederic Malle L'eau d'Hiver
    2. Tom Ford Noir de Noir
    3. Dior Homme / Dior Homme Intense
    4. Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Havane / Pure Malt
    5. Creed Aventus / Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

What's yours?
    Last edited by mr. reasonable; 20th July 2012 at 04:58 PM.

Impossible to name one, Frederic Malle for it's originality and concept, Chanel Les Exclusifs (technically not niche) for so many classics. Amouage for it's opulence etc, see it's impossible!

Very difficult to single one out, but I'll go with Frederic Malle.

Creed

If I'd have to go with just one, I'd probably say Malle but it doesn't make much sense to me as I couldn't live without the majority of the fragrances I own...

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Basenotes Plus

And another one for Frederic Malle!

I don't have many niche scents, but from what I have smelled I would agree and say Fredric Malle.

But I also have to add that Slumberhouse is so creative that this house is one to watch.
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Bond No.9 New York Oud
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

Love the love for Malle, would be my choice as well.

Amouage...l like something about every fragrance they make

Great variety, silage, and longevity

Just got done sampling all 6 Opuses and was totally blown
    away by the quality and variety of smells.

Sound Scents

Another vote for Frédéric Malle.

- - - Updated - - -

Another vote for Frédéric Malle.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Amouage

Frederic Malle

Parfumerie Generale
    Remember when life gives you lemons make lemonade, also find someone whose life gave them vodka. Have a party!

I couldn't pick just one...Malle, Amouage, Creed, Profumum, Maison Francis Kurkdjian, LeLabo and Lorenzo Villoresi are my current faves.

Personally, Byredo. People give this house a lot of stick but they have a good balance of fragrances that last well and project well on my skin.

Banned

Serge Lutens used to be my preferred niche house. Since he took the path of reformulation and ruined most of what was unique I've become promiscuous and u s e everything that is good without developing special feelings of brand loyalty for it.

Histories De Parfums! Great scents, cool concepts like the free refillable atomiser with full bottle purchase, generous with samples - and did I mention - great fragrances!

Honourable mention to Frederick Malle - always a pleasure to deal with and fantastic perfumes!

Montale (IMO one of the top)

For sheer uniquness, it has to be Serge Lutens.

For wearability, either Editions de Parfums or Histoires de Parfum.

for swap/sale:

My heart lies with Serge Lutens.
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

Creed, specially vintage fragrances

Serge Lutens

SLutens

Oh God, that's hard.

I'll say AMOUAGE on the basis of hits vs misses within the full portfolio.

(But Histoires de Parfums and Parfums de Nicolai get big props for upholding the spirit and dignity of the Niche concept while maintaining unbeatable price/quality ratios)
    Having Simultaneous Affairs with: Amouage Memoir Man, Fate Man, Interlude Man, Epic Extrait (yep... the femme version), Tribute, Homage, Opus IV, VI, & VII • Puredistance M, Black • Tauer L'Air & Carillon pour un Ange • Knize Ten Golden • L'Artisan Al Oudh, Traversee du Bosphore, Dzing! • TF Noir de Noir • Xerjoff Homme, Richwood, Regio, 1861, 1888, Zafar • Serge Lutens MKK, Gris Clair, Fille en Aiguilles, La Myrre • H de Parfums 1740, Noir Patchouli, Tub3 Animale • Abdes Salaam Tabac, Sharif, Mecca Balsam • Slumberhouse Vikt, Baque • MDCI Invasion Barbare, Chypre Palatin • Nicoläi NY, Vie de Chateau Intense, L'Eau Mixte • Dior Leather Oud & Patchouli Imperial • Chanel Sycomore • Guerlain Derby, Songe d'un Bois d'Ete • MFK Oud Cashmere Mood • Ormonde Jayne Man

Knize, though considering that this house also manufactures toiletries and haute couture, I am sure whether it may qualify as niche.

For me it has to be Creed. I have yet not find a Creed fragrance that I didn`t like (and I have smelled most of them)

Puredistance - Only three scents so far, but all masterpieces.

I need more time and exposure (said the starry night to the photographer)

- - - Updated - - -

I need more time and exposure (said the starry night to the photographer)

Histoires de Parfum.

CdG

Serge Lutens!

Basenotes Junkie anomie et ivoire's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Comme des Garcons

Quote Originally Posted by anomie et ivoire View Post
    Comme des Garcons
    We will become very good friends...I know.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

I can't name just one a few very best based on quality imo
    Xerjoff, MDCI,
    wish there were more from Puredistance!

Maître Parfumeur et Gantier

Gosh I'm surprised at all the Malle's - that line would be down near my No.6/7 spot

No.1 for me is Serge Lutens
    Followed by +1 Parfumerie Generale

I'm torn between CdG, Lorenzo Villoresi and Sonoma Scent Studio. Given all the votes for Malle, I should probably try a few more of his creations.

Maestro Serge Lutens.

Quote Originally Posted by forfreddie View Post
    Gosh I'm surprised at all the Malle's - that line would be down near my No.6/7 spot
    I agree there...

Based on what I wear and buy, I'd have to say AMOUAGE.

However, I havent sampled that many niche houses - for instance, I dont think I've ever tried Frederic Malle. There are certain SL scents I like and wear, but nothing I really LOVE or couldnt live without. PdNic would have been my second choice, but Ive noticed her scents dont last that long - the stuff I bought last summer already smells off to me somehow.

Serge Lutens/Annick Goutal/L'Artisan Parfumeur

Pfft Malle indeed.

Serge Lutens is No1 of course!

Closely followed by CDG and Histoires de Parfum.

Serge Lutens.

Banned

One of the best would be Frederic Malle.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Histoires des Parfums gets my respect.

Guess from my wardrobe of full bottles it has to be Uncle Serge

Basenotes Plus

My fave is Frederic Malle.

Of the few I've experienced: Frederic Malle.

- - - Updated - - -

Of the few I've experienced: Frederic Malle.

Basenotes Junkie

While Comme des Garcons isn't technically niche, I consider it Niche and I think it's the best!!

Gotta go with Creed. Sorry haters!

Dependent

Frederic Malle
    1. Dior Homme Original
    2. Musc Ravaguer
    3. Portrait of a Lady
    4. Noir de Noir
    5. L Instant Guerlain pour Homme Extreme
    6. New Haarlem
    7. Pure Coffee
    8. Blu Mediterraneo Sicilian Almond
    9. Rose 31
    10. Spiritueuse Double Vanille

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Montale
    I'm not OLD...I'm VINTAGE!

Basenotes Plus

Originally said Frederic Malle, but after some time I'd have to change it. I'd say this changes every couple of months for me so I'm obviously still discovering many things.

Right now I'm really big on the Xerjoff Casamorati collection.

I don't feel that I know enough to declare who's the best. But I'll happily declare favorites - Parfumerie Generale, probably followed by Serge Lutens.

For me it's Serge Lutens
    * Serge Lutens rules *
    Fille en Aiguilles & Gris Clair & Fleurs d'Oranger & Tubereuse Criminelle & Sarrasins & Fumerie Turque & A la Nuit & Santal Majuscule & Sa Majeste la Rose & Five O'Clock Au Gingembre