Code of Conduct

Default is Aventus worth the price?

I don't usually pay big money on perfumes, the most expensive bottle that i bought in recent years is L'instant de Guerlain Extreme for 110$, anyway here in my country Creed's Aventus cost 250$ (for the 125ML i guess), so shall i pull the trigger on it, or with the money i can buy 3-4 other bottles... what would you do? thanks
    Last edited by Fadi007; 8th July 2012 at 06:02 PM.

Default Re: is Aventus worth the price?

many will say "yes", IMO "no".

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

No too expensive

This is going to be subjective depending on your love for a fragrance and how your finances are. For me no Creed, Amouage etc is worth the price but I still buy them when my desire is stronger than my common sense.lol

Only you can determine this.

for swap/sale:

Sound Scents

No. I personally view Aventus as a very average fragrance and would invest the money elsewhere...
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I think at $250.00, Aventus is very expensive. I always find it at the $145.00 range. At that lower price, I believe aventus is worth it. Aventus is a great scent. I love it especially now during the hotter months. I get many compliments at work. Even taxi driver's ask me to write the name of this fragrance for them. I highly recommend this one.

It is definitely high quality, but I wouldn't pay retail for any Creed. You can get a 50ml split for $60-$80. So no, I don't think it's worth the retail price.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

This is the way I see it. A lifetime is simply the sum of ones experiences. Why not make those experiences the most high quality experiences possible. If you die with a pile of money in the bank then you simply haven't experienced the most you could in this lifetime. If you have the money stop waffling and back and forthing and plunge in and enjoy. Just my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    This is going to be subjective depending on your love for a fragrance and how your finances are. For me no Creed, Amouage etc is worth the price but I still buy them when my desire is stronger than my common sense.lol
    THIS!

I have to admit that my desire for a bottle of Aventus is strong, regardless of what I might have posted. I love the top and middle notes...while they last but on drydown there is nothing unless I smash my nose to my skin. Aventus does not last on me. I know others have said it is a monster but my experiences differ. I work with a lot of people and I almost always get comments from a few of the women about my fragrances, but nothing ever with Aventus. Still, I love the fragrance and find it suitable as a "weak" summer scent. Problem is that I will not pay that much for a summer scent that does not last. There is a cost/performance ratio. So, I will enjoy my decant occasionally until I can find a bottle for a very good price. Eventually I will find it!
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Bond No.9 New York Oud
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

Quote Originally Posted by Awakening950 View Post
    This is the way I see it. A lifetime is simply the sum of ones experiences. Why not make those experiences the most high quality experiences possible. If you die with a pile of money in the bank then you simply haven't experienced the most you could in this lifetime. If you have the money stop waffling and back and forthing and plunge in and enjoy. Just my two cents.
    +1 ... Very well said.

Quote Originally Posted by senore01 View Post
    I think at $250.00, Aventus is very expensive. I always find it at the $145.00 range. At that lower price, I believe aventus is worth it. Aventus is a great scent. I love it especially now during the hotter months. I get many compliments at work. Even taxi driver's ask me to write the name of this fragrance for them. I highly recommend this one.
    Where? Seriously, I would pull the trigger at that price.
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

IMO Yes.

If we begin to justify fragrances on a price/performance basis, even designer fragrances would fall into reject area since they're just scented liquids. Also most of the people wouldn't recognize the difference between a designer and a niche scent...

Anyway if you're collecting fragrances for your pleasure and you're seeing this as a hobby, the answer is yes. Otherwise i'd recommend you to stick with designer fragrances.

- - - Updated - - -

If we begin to justify fragrances on a price/performance basis, even designer fragrances would fall into reject area since they're just scented liquids. Also most of the people wouldn't recognize the difference between a designer and a niche scent...

Anyway if you're collecting fragrances for your pleasure and you're seeing this as a hobby, the answer is yes. Otherwise i'd recommend you to stick with designer fragrances.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellhound View Post
    I agree! So many designer scents do not perform well enough for me to buy them, especially now that I have a reasonable collection; I set my bar higher.
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

The IFRA can bite me!

Anyone in your position that isn't sure about an expensive fragrance should compromise and buy into a split....but not without sampling first.

That depends whether you like it or not.

IMO It is worth a high price tag just because I love love love Aventus. I'm so close to pulling the trigger on a 4oz bottle for about $200 but I'm still waiting a little bit longer to see if a better deal comes around.
    CURRENT TOP 5

1. Dior Homme Intense
    2. Creed Aventus
    3. Tom Ford Extreme
    4. Gucci Pour Homme II
    5. Terre d'Hermes

I don't think any fragrance is worth over $150. It is a wonderful, wonderful scent though. Get in on a split. That's what I did.

Banned

No.

Yes. Though get in on a split or try to snag a tester at the online discounters to save yourself some money.

Quote Originally Posted by mesaboogie View Post
    It is definitely high quality, but I wouldn't pay retail for any Creed. You can get a 50ml split for $60-$80. So no, I don't think it's worth the retail price.
    This ^^^^

It's never going to cost 250ml = $250, unless you up use all of the 250ml. If you have some expensive juice lying around after a while you have made a loss. Unless if you can sell it for a profit on the forums here, which I doubt.

The post that I've quoted recommends going via a split on the boards here. I am not associated with anyone here, but if you are paying retail for anything, especially a Creed,you are paying too much. Especially if it's the first time you're getting it.

Whether Aventus is worth the price is up to you to answer. But for me, it is. It's a unique smell for me and I love it. But I did get my bottle discounted.

Basenotes Plus

Definitely check out the split boards. People are definitely doing some Aventus splits. I would do that before you spend the big bucks on a 120ml bottle.

Yes, aventus is awesome. It's worth the price, smells great.

Lots of people think Aventus is totally worth it. Even more think it isn't and BOTH groups are RIGHT. Me? I think it's worth it but if somebody else says it isn't I can totally see where they're coming from. It's only worth it if you think it smells good enough to fork over the cash. Let your nose be your guide.

It's certainly worth the price of a split...

I'm not a fan of Aventus, so no. I don't think I'd pay retail price for any Creed that I have smelled so far. Since online prices are practically 50% cheaper they are much more in line with what I'd pay.

If your going to spend $250 then spend a little more and get the flacon.
    Summer 2014 favorites

1. Terre d'Hermes Eau Tres Fraiche (orange)
    2. Dueto Citiver (Vetiver)
    3. Dior Homme Sport 2012 (Citron)
    4. Lalique Encre Noire Sport (Woody)
    5. Dior Homme Eau (Iris)
    6.Chanel Allure Edition Blanche

7. Cartier Roadster (Mint)
    8. Joop Splash (Fruity)
    9. Lanvin L'homme Sport (Petitgrain))
    10. Jesus Del Pozo Adventure Quasar (Gin)

yes if you like it, no if you do not

You can find it cheaper. I personally think it's worth it. Good fragrance.

The split is right way to go with creed fragrances.

I always try to understand why the pricy Creed is so popular but I can't. To me, Creed scents are too simple and boring. About Aventus, I think Zara perfumes smell so much better.

I like the scent itself, but the terrible longevity makes this an automatic "no" for me.
    WANTED (full or partial bottles)
    Divine eau Divine (refillable)

It's hard to say whether something is worth it or not to you; it all depends on what your budget is for a fragrance. Is a Porsche worth the money? Depends on what monies you have at hand to put down on it.

If you plan on upping your spend by 100%+ ($110 to $250) just for Aventus, I'd suggest doing as much sampling as you can with smaller quantities. Be sure you're thrilled with it and consider it a good value for yourself.

I'd sample it first to see if you dig it, if you do I'd try and get in on a split which seem to happen regularly here on BN. If you want the actual bottle or for whatever reason a split doesn't appeal to you, I'd suggest being patient and holding out for a deal, which do present themselves from time to time.

Yes. A very fine fragrance that I greatly enjoy.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Quote Originally Posted by chocolateguy View Post
    I always try to understand why the pricy Creed is so popular but I can't. To me, Creed scents are too simple and boring. About Aventus, I think Zara perfumes smell so much better.
    Really? Which one smells better?
    Summer 2014 favorites

1. Terre d'Hermes Eau Tres Fraiche (orange)
    2. Dueto Citiver (Vetiver)
    3. Dior Homme Sport 2012 (Citron)
    4. Lalique Encre Noire Sport (Woody)
    5. Dior Homme Eau (Iris)
    6.Chanel Allure Edition Blanche

7. Cartier Roadster (Mint)
    8. Joop Splash (Fruity)
    9. Lanvin L'homme Sport (Petitgrain))
    10. Jesus Del Pozo Adventure Quasar (Gin)

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    yes if you like it, no if you do not
    this.

i personally like it. it all depends on the person. you can definitely get it cheaper. look into splits on here. or check out ebay/fragrancenet

Basenotes Plus

Smells cheap at any price.

Spend maybe 30 dollars on some samples and find something you really like. I dont care for Aventus though.

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    Really? Which one smells better?
    Zara Gold, for example.

Banned
    Blog Entries

At $250-320, it is very expensive.

I think whether it is worth it or not, is a case by case basis because we all are different. Of course, that applies to every fragrance but especially this one.

Consider that the hype on here isn't because most people on here love it. It is because a minority of people on here REALLY LOVE it. Many people on this website tried Aventus and didn't like it. Or they liked it, but just never saw it as anything more than a good fragrance. So just because some people really love it, doesn't mean you will.

Me personally? I'll buy 3 or 4 other bottles with that same money. I'll wait some time for the price to go down in gray markets.

So here is the answer. Only buy it if you have a lot of disposable income or if you REALLY REALLY love Aventus. If you try Aventus and you don't like it (or you like it, but you don't love it), then don't buy it. This scent I would only recommend to the people who are in love with it. And if you don't like it, that opinion doesn't make you wrong.

It's an "ok" fragrance for me and smells very generic, so IMO NOT!! You can easily smell a lot of better scents. GIT, for example is better by far!!

Buy it. Just work overtime. Personally I won't because I don't care for it.

many would say yes, personally no. creed is an overhyped house and you should be very careful how you spend your 300usd when it comes to a fragrance that does not have any longevity (my point of view, others will strongly disagree), my advice is sample, test, sample, test, repeat then if you are 100% convinced go for it (or not). at that kind of money, taking a rash decision is not a good thing.

If you truly LOVE the scent and plan on wearing it a lot, then I'd say the 250 / 500ml bottles are probably just about worth the asking price. The smaller bottles (30 / 75ml) are now appallingly expensive at full retail.

I think we need an official Avetus thread.

Not worth at all.

Quote Originally Posted by jamwires View Post
    I think we need an official Avetus thread.
    I think we need an official Aventus forum

- - - Updated - - -

Is Aventus worth the price? You could ask the same question about any other fragrance ever manufactured. And the answer would be the same - if you are willing to pay for it, yes. If not, no. Your financial situation and how much you like it will different for everyone, and that will be the answer. I love it, but it may not be for everyone (well, it is - but not everyone has come around on it yet for some reason)...
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Pure White Cologne
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. Clive Christian - 1872
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Xerjoff - Nio
    8. Neela Vermeire - Bombay Bling
    9. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    10. Chanel - Allure Homme Edition Blanche