Code of Conduct

Default Help me find my next fragrance (Signature Scent)

Hello BS'ers!

I read and read about other peoples signature scents. I dont have one!

I want a signature scent that i can reach for when i dont know what do wear.

Bare in mind that I'm 16, still studying in school, but i want something that i can wear when going out.

What is really important for me:

Longevity and projection.

Something that attracts girls, but still does not offend guys.

Edit:

I do not like fragrances like Carolina Herrera 212, L'eau Bleue D'issey. Those two are too greeny/grassy for me, or whatever it is. L'eau Bleue smells like rusty metal. (No joke)

I like sweet fragrances, such as Pure Malt and Love & Luck

The best thing i have ever smelled is the dry down of the regular L'eau D'issey. I dont know if its the Musk, the sandalwood, the Vetiver or the Cedar. I have no idea what the difference are, as i have never experienced the single notes themselves, alone.
    Is there a fragrance that still projects good with the dry-down? Similar to this one (the base)

I have this huge gaming mouse-pad which has some L'eau D'issey on it from when i got home and still had some fragrance on my wrist. Now every time i use my mouse i smell the fragrance again my wrist while my wrist is resting on the pad... Smells so good!

I recently had this sample from the Kenzo house. http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/K...ort-14735.html

... Worst thing i have ever smelled. The mint, combined with the spices is just wanted me to puke. I do not like spice fragrances like this one!
    Last edited by Mudi2800; 10th July 2012 at 12:16 PM.

Default Re: Help me find my next fragrance (Signature Scent)

Bleu De Chanel

Quote Originally Posted by Mudi2800 View Post
    Hello BS'ers!

I read and read about other peoples signature scents. I dont have one!

I want a signature scent that i can reach for when i dont know what do wear.

Bare in mind that I'm 16, still studying in school, but i want something that i can wear when going out.

What is really important for me:

Longevity and projection.

Something that attracts girls, but still does not offend guys.
    Well - what sort of things do you like?

Sweet/edible
    Sport/aquatic
    Citrus/herbs

?

Basenotes Member

I would recommend going to a store (sephora, large chain) that sells designer fragrances...at 16 there is nothing wrong with liking niche fragrances but they are usually more expensive and you may find a couple of not so well known designer fragrance that you really like. I've owned one designer fragrance that will be a staple but it has poor longevity and sillage on me and that is herrera for men.

Quote Originally Posted by forfreddie View Post
    Well - what sort of things do you like?

Sweet/edible
    Sport/aquatic
    Citrus/herbs

?
    I dislike fragrances like carolina herrera 212, l'eau bleue d'issey. I dont know what it is, but they are kinda herb/green kind of, and i dont like those.
    I like sweet fragrances, such as Pure Malt and Love & Luck.
    And the dry down of the regular L'eau D'issey is the best i ever have smelled. Damn F**K I love that! When the strong flowery-top is gone, and the drydown is smell-able... Just wow! What note is it that i smell??? I have no idea what the difference of Musk, Sandalwood, Vetiver and cedar is..

Quote Originally Posted by infoe View Post
    I would recommend going to a store (sephora, large chain) that sells designer fragrances...at 16 there is nothing wrong with liking niche fragrances but they are usually more expensive and you may find a couple of not so well known designer fragrance that you really like. I've owned one designer fragrance that will be a staple but it has poor longevity and sillage on me and that is herrera for men.
    Thats the problem living in Denmark. We only have one chain-store, and here they only sell like top 30 fragrances bought in EU. 1 Million, Acqua Di Gio, Chanel sport, Le Male etc, etc. I only dislike 1 Million of these four, but the thing is, I dont want to smell like everyone else.

Tho, if i can find samples from a EU-based website (UK, France, Belgium etc) I should really start buying samples instead of blind-buying, which is what I've been doing with my life-time, 10-15 bottles.
    Last edited by Mudi2800; 10th July 2012 at 12:17 PM.

I was going to recommend Love and Luck but you already mentioned that.

You may want to sample Givenchy Play intense - a very nice sweet peppery/coffee scent to me (maybe a hint of citrus?).

Terre D'Hermes should also be put on your radar to try at some point as well - I have a hard time explaining the scent on this one other than it smells of a really good dirty orange / peppery / citrusy scent to me.
    Living each day one spray at a time

Quote Originally Posted by Hammy01 View Post
    I was going to recommend Love and Luck but you already mentioned that.

You may want to sample Givenchy Play intense - a very nice sweet peppery/coffee scent to me (maybe a hint of citrus?).

Terre D'Hermes should also be put on your radar to try at some point as well - I have a hard time explaining the scent on this one other than it smells of a really good dirty orange / peppery / citrusy scent to me.
    I've heard alot of great things on Terre D'Hermes. I'll add that to the "Try-List"

Thank you!

Banned

Try:

Spicebomb by Viktor & Rolf - Upon application, one is treated to a somewhat refreshing, fruity and citric blend from the commingling of an orangey and peppery bergamot, the tangy bittersweetness of grapefruit and the mildly spicy fruitiness of pink pepper. And, an intriguing elemi showers the blend with its resinous and balsamic spiciness. Resultantly, an all-too-familiar, sweet, spicy, bubble-gum smell wafts to the waiting middle. Here, in the heart, the Bazooka-like opening is immersed in an enveloping stew of sweetly warm and earthy cinnamon, a pepperish paprika and a healthy dose of hay-like floral from saffron. A sweet, pipe tobacco undercurrent carries this inviting melange to the base. Here, the luxurious, cherry-almond, pipe tabacco comes into it own and interplays with the rich, green and smoky earthiness of vetiver. A faint background of a vanillic musk and leather present. A suave drydown ensues. This versatile and high-quality scent has good projection, with a 3-hour, scent cloud, and good longevity, 7-8 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Bleu De Chanel
    This will suit your needs.

You might want to check Eau De Beaux by L'Occitane.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Acqua di Gio and EAU DE BAVX.