Code of Conduct

Default Tauer Miriam: Anyone Tried This Yet?

Tauer's Miriam is up for release in October, but Andy is running multiple sample give-aways on different blogs, and I'm curious who has had a sniff of this.

I'm lucky - I won one over on Perfume Shrine! Andy mailed me today and said my sample is on its way, but Egypt post is slow and I'm insatiably curious. So... any early reports?

( Even though its far, far in advance, I'm kind of stoked about his spring 2012 release, Loretta, that's supposed to center around tuberose. Tauer and tuberose are two of my favorite things that have not yet met in the middle. )

Default Re: Tauer Miriam: Anyone Tried This Yet?

I posted this review on my blog a few days ago. It's well worth trying. A powdery beauty.
    ---

I am a Jasmine Award winning fragrance critic, amateur perfumer, Basenotes contributor and regular columnist for Esprit Magazine. My perfume guide, Le Snob: Perfume, is published by Hardie Grant. Click on its title for more info.

For giveaways, reviews of new perfume releases and thoughts on all sorts of scent-related matters, please visit Persolaise.com or find me on Twitter or Facebook.

Many thanks.

Thanks for dropping by! I'm all the more eager to try it now.

Blog Entries

I won a sample too, but I have not heard from anyone about it yet. Except for the fact I won, I don't know anything. I am pretty antsy too. A contemporary floral aldehyde sounds really good to me.

Basenotes Institution

This is very interesting !
    I love perfumeshrine's series on this too .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Basenotes Institution

I ' m blown away by Miriam . It 's spectacular and reminds of how Chanel .No .5 used to be like but retains that Tauer touch and signature. It's so beautifully blended and truly special from top to base notes. *swoon *
    I hope it is a permanent addition to Andy Tauer's range . It's so damned gorgeous.
    If you love Chanel No. 5 and the older Chanels - I urge you to try this.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Crown Jewel of the Tauer line IMO. Very vintage, like perfume should smell, and rarely does anymore.

I am extremely fond of this one. My review is over here:

http://neroprofumo.blogspot.ca/2012/...gandaraja.html

Basenotes Institution

Good review , Suga !!

I'm really interested in this one. Does anyone know when it will be available in the UK, or online anywhere?

In Italy, I saw Miriam in the stores that sell Tauer.

Anyway, just got my packet. As the previous contributors were saying, this is indeed a wonderful aldehydic floral, though fully integrated into Tauer's style. The dry Tauerade is there, but it is not overwhelming (as in rose chypree) and it mixes perfectly with the aldehydic florals. This might have to be upgraded to a larger bottle. I also gave a quick smell to Loretta. I didn't think about tuberose until I read so. Also in Loretta there is the usual dry Tauerade, with zingy mandarin, and then a rich sweet floral, which can indeed remember tuberose; again, the dry Tauerade works well here because it balances the sweetness. At times, I detect a bit of the disagreeable swampy floral note I so much dislike, but only in passing. In any case, this has to be smelled on skin.

I must say I prefer these two to some of the latest Tauers (Carrillon, rose, orange star, the colors or soliflores). They feel richer, smoother, more balanced.

cacio

Basenotes Institution

Mmmmm , me too Cacio . I didn't take to Orange Star or some of the newer ones . Une Rose Chypree has been a favorite - another beauty .

Kagey - Luckyscent has Miriam .

I love the Dark Passage, Loretta and Miriam all new releases. It seems Andy is getting "back on track". I got my generous samples plus the Loretta soap for sponsoring a movie through kickstarter. Will probably get all three when the full bottles become widely available.

Tauer seems to have implied that Dark passage was a one time only thing that will not be marketed (in part also because he did not think about IFRA). Next year's release is supposed to be something called Ingrid. To be honest, Dark passage is very good, but I had wished something more obviously IFRA noncompliant, like a birch tar leather chypre, perhaps with some real jasmine thrown in for fun, whereas it is a great patch - an ingredient that, for now, has not been restricted yet.

I got the soaps too, and they smell great as well.

cacio

I got a sample from Luckyscent. It's so gorgeous I'd love an FB. Aldehydes, florals, resins - a real vintage-style gem. I haven't heard of its being available in the UK yet, so am keeping an eye on Les Senteurs, which stock quite a few Tauers.

wonderful review.

I need a sample!
    $25 or less clearance sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/390...othing-over-25!!

"For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us." Rom. 8:18

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kalli View Post
    I need a sample!
    Go to www.theperfumedcourt.com They have it. I got the 5 ML roll-on. Great find.
    There are no answers, only choices. (Stanislav Lem)

Thanks, I didn't know they had it, so I ended up ordering from Luckyscent. Thanks though, that does sound like a nice find!!!!!!!!.

"For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us." Rom. 8:18

I had a little Luckyscent sample, too. It is a beautiful floral aldehyde. But I just can't do the Tauerade. Still, was very happy he created this. It's about time we start getting some new and fascinating aldehyde scents. The florals are just heart-breakingly gorgeous in Miriam. I do admire it.
    The nose wants what it wants!

I hope I can do the Tauerade, haha, cause I just ordered several samples of his stuff. I blame you Tauerinians if I don't like them!. I read the notes of some of these and they seemed right up my alley but we will see!

Oh man I'm the hugest Tauer fan, I can't believe I haven't tried Miriam or Loretta yet :'(...
    They sound wonderful guys - beautifully written reviews thanks.