Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus

Default Derby, Bee Bottle

I thought I had read on basenotes, the Bee Bottle of Derby has been discontinued. I was in a Saks yesterday, and the SA, who said she works for Guerlain said the Bee Bottle could be special ordered from France. Do you think this is true or is the SA misinformed?

Default Re: Derby, Bee Bottle

At Guerlain in Paris last year, I saw already the masculine series wood bottle. But she could be right, of course; and of course there could be old stock in the warehouse. If you want it, why not ask? The juice should be the same, and I agree with you that the new bottle is hideous. Remember, as you probably already know, that the bee bottle is dab, not spray, but of course one can decant in small atomizers.

cacio

I don't know if you can get the Parisiens in the bee bottle.
    My Top Ten:

1: Guerlain - Habit Rouge
    2: Guerlain - Jicky
    3: Guerlain - Mouchoir de Monsieur
    4: Guerlain - Shalimar
    5: Knize - Knize Ten
    6: Caron - Yatagan
    7: Caron - Pour Un Homme
    8: Jean Desprez - Bal a Versailles
    9: Yves Saint Laurent - M7
    10: Salvador Dali - Dali Pour Homme

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    At Guerlain in Paris last year, I saw already the masculine series wood bottle. But she could be right, of course; and of course there could be old stock in the warehouse. If you want it, why not ask? The juice should be the same, and I agree with you that the new bottle is hideous. Remember, as you probably already know, that the bee bottle is dab, not spray, but of course one can decant in small atomizers.

cacio
    Yes, do know there is no spray, but it is such a cool bottle. Next couple of weeks, after she comes back from vacation, I just might order it.

It is true, you can order bee bottles in 250, 500 and 1000 ml as a special order and not just Derby but whatever Guerlain you want to.

Although the bottles are nice, for me, I have always found the spray bottles more practical. Thankfully my vintage Derby is a spray.

I was in Paris two weeks ago and been to Guerlain. I asked for Derby in the Bee bottle and the SA told me it is available only in 250ml and 1lt formats. They're not always readily available though...most of the time you have to pre-order them (at least according to what she told me).

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

^ Waiting time for special orders (at least for Europe) is apparently 9 weeks.
    Thanks to a wonderful BNer, I'm in on a 1000mL split of Jicky extrait (it was an off-Basenotes arrangement).

So to confirm the 250ml special order bee bottle is available in splash only? Does any body happen to know the price?
    Last edited by Duke Hunt; 10th July 2012 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gandhajala View Post
    ^ Waiting time for special orders (at least for Europe) is apparently 9 weeks.
    Dear Lord!

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Previous posters are correct, you can pretty much get any Guerlain in bee bottle, and yes, that includes 1 liter bb of Shalimar extrait if you feel like it.

The smallest bee bottle size is 250 ml which is quite different from the regular, discontinued collection of "Les Parisiens" (Derby, Chamade pour Homme, L'Ame d'un Héros, Coriolan) which still survives but for females scents only (Les Parisiennes, e.g. Vetiver pour Elle). Plus Les Parisien(ne)s used to come in a hard box with a bulb atomizer.