Quote Originally Posted by darkdreams View Post
    What a cute little story!

I agree with Warum on the iris.
    OK then, ladies. You now have the following:

Lemon
    Violet
    Iris

Default Re: May Sniff in July: A Bouquet of Mysteries

My first guess was wrong. Warum, let's see if we can agree on one more note. Sandalwood? Musk?

queen of the universe

Hi, TWolf, hope the move was uneventful and that you are settled in enough to have unpacked your fragrances yet. (;
    Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    Hi ladies. Nice to be with you all, just got our Internet hooked up last night, some of you know that we have moved, same town, two streets down.

B is very very nice, I want tons of it right now, no matter what the price is (I agree with DD about the higher end and will add that it might be over $65 for 50ml). Long lasting.
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Blog Entries

My first guess was wrong. Warum, let's see if we can agree on one more note. Sandalwood? Musk?
    I have reapplied right before I wrote a review, so I have a hard time right now since I am smelling the heart notes from both paper and me. From the memory -- how about amber or opopnax?

From your two I'd say sandalwood.

Quote Originally Posted by Warum View Post
    I have reapplied right before I wrote a review, so I have a hard time right now since I am smelling the heart notes from both paper and me. From the memory -- how about amber or opopnax?

From your two I'd say sandalwood.
    OK, at the risk of being too hasty, we will confirm sandalwood!

So we have four confirmed notes.
    Warum, I would need to respray because I cannot feel much anymore.
    I was wondering if maybe there is also violet leaf. It has a green feeling to it.

Blog Entries

DD, OV and other sniffers (Wolfie, are you playing?) -- I search the notes and keep getting Insolence. I haven't smelled it, but from the descriptions I doubt very seriously that this is it. Can any of you who knows Insolence confirm that B is not it?

B reminds me of Bas de Soie with no hyacinth

queen of the universe

Hello, again, I'm off to
    "where one relaxes on the axis of the wheel of life, and gets the feel of life, from jazz and cocktails"—Billy Strayhorn, Lush Life
    Will check in later.

Now I'm wondering, has a perfume ever been named Lush Life?

Blog Entries

I was wondering if maybe there is also violet leaf. It has a green feeling to it.
    It does. When I search and see "floral green", I perk up. I wouldn't be too surprised if it is classified as a floral green or floral. Although sometimes F. puts a floral oriental on some fragrances I'd never thought of as orientals.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jujy54 View Post
    Now I'm wondering, has a perfume ever been named Lush Life?
    http://www.alibaba.com/product-free/261887743/Lush_Life_Creme_Parfum_1_0z_.html

Now, that makes me want to go and turn on some John Coltrane

- - - Updated - - -

And let me know about Insolence, y'all.

Warum, I am sure I smelled Insolence at some point. I don't think B is it, although I am known to be mistaken. In the previous sniff I did not recognize Youth Dew although I used to own it.
    I think Insolence is less elegant and not as subtle. Although I think I liked it.

More interesting observations! I am jealous of the jazz and cocktails, though I'm leaving for a nice dinner with friends in an hour or so. I'll check back later, and also post the reveal for Sample A!

Edit: This has nothing to do with the Sniff, but I just applied some Atelier Vanille Insensée after my shower. Have any of you tried it? I find it swoon-worthy, and it has one of the best drydowns I've ever experienced! So glad to have a fairly generous decant.

Warum, I looked up Insolence. It has red berries and raspberries listed. I don;t think I smell anything like this in B.

- - - Updated - - -

Have a lovely dinner, Haunani!

Have a lovely dinner, Haunani!
    Thanks, DD!

Blog Entries

Warum, I am sure I smelled Insolence at some point. I don't think B is it.
    I think Insolence is less elegant and not as subtle. Although I think I liked it.
    That's what I think too, but I just did not smell it before, wanted to be sure. I don't smell any serious red berries either.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunani View Post
    More interesting observations! I am jealous of the jazz and cocktails, though I'm leaving for a nice dinner with friends in an hour or so. I'll check back later, and also post the reveal for Sample A!

Edit: This has nothing to do with the Sniff, but I just applied some Atelier Vanille Insensée after my shower. Have any of you tried it? I find it swoon-worthy, and it has one of the best drydowns I've ever experienced! So glad to have a fairly generous decant.
    Have a great dinner, Heidi!
    I haven't tried Vanille Insensee yet, but your rec means that I will!

queen of the universe

Of all things, todays NYT has this column, Our Newly Lush Life, by Frank Bruni.

Must be in the air!

Heard Brasilian jazz and despite going out solo, ended up sitting with some pleasant people. Good scented night, all!

Stylistically, B is not a Guerlain, it is more of Chanel type. I also thought of Calandre and Rive Gauche. Anyone getting any aldehydes at all? (green--> grey eyes in W's interpretation).

H., you will laugh all you want -- type in the revealed notes for B in the BN Directory with Advanced Search option. Getting Mariella Burani again? I am! In case you wanted to know -- B is not Mariella Burani, not the one with the four plastic orange roses as a cap.
    Last edited by Twolf; 15th July 2012 at 04:41 AM.

...I haven't tried Vanille Insensee yet, but your rec means that I will!
    I'm glad you feel that way. It's pretty special! Now, can I interest you in a bottle of Carlos Santana? ;-)

...Heard Brasilian jazz and despite going out solo, ended up sitting with some pleasant people. Good scented night, all!
    I'm glad you had a good time. I would love that! We enjoyed our dinner. Beautiful wild salmon from the Northwest, good wine, and Swedish Princess Cake for dessert. The stuff is covered in marzipan. Not low-cal at all, but worth the indulgence. :-)

Stylistically, B is not a Guerlain, it is more of Chanel type. I also thought of Calandre and Rive Gauche. Anyone getting any aldehydes at all? (green--> grey eyes in W's interpretation).

H., you will laugh all you want -- type in the revealed notes for B in the BN Directory with Advanced Search option. Getting Mariella Burani again? I am! In case you wanted to know -- B is not Mariella Burani, not the one with the four plastic orange roses as a cap.
    Interesting observations, T! I have never tried Mariella Burani, but I also saw that search result and had a good laugh! Is that a good fragrance? I've never tried it!

See you all tomorrow. I will be gone in the morning, but should be home early to mid-afternoon.

Hello, ladies. Are you awake?

Blog Entries

LOL, yes, I am getting Mariella Burani as well. And Insolence, which I think cannot be it. People talk about Insolence as quite a scream, and a loud scream this one is not. Plus, as DD mentioned, red berries are a large part of Insolence profile, and I don't smell it.

I won't say aldehydes for two reasons that may count and one that may not. The one that may not -- I don't smell them. But that doesn't mean anything since I do not smell them, for instance, in Eau Premierre either. But I know they're there. The other two that count -- 1) I don't connect B with any known aldehydic floral, including Rive Gauche (haven't smelled Calandre), and 2) because this sniff is 3*3*3 (I don't want to say more right now, but you will know what I mean when you reread the call).

The grey eyes were meant to describe the coldness of the heart after the herbal/citrusy top. I am one of those people who registers cold from iris and violet florals, with only a couple of notable exceptions. So I'd say I felt a similar cold from Iris Poudre, I smelled a similar live Iris from Bas de Soie (I think I mentioned that one) and had a similar cold/poison feel from Naiviris. We're not scent twins, Wolfie but that helps a lot in a Blind Sniff!

I'm glad you feel that way. It's pretty special! Now, can I interest you in a bottle of Carlos Santana? ;-)
    LOL, LOL, LOL -- nope, so far I can weed by hand, thanks though!!

I'm glad you had a good time. I would love that! We enjoyed our dinner. Beautiful wild salmon from the Northwest, good wine, and Swedish Princess Cake for dessert. The stuff is covered in marzipan. Not low-cal at all, but worth the indulgence. :-)
    Sounds delish! I would've had another piece of the Spring Chinook instead of a desert given a 1/2 a chance!

I am now, despite the fact that it seems like we don't have a Newport Bay on which we stand any more if one looks out of the window (fog). I will finish my coffee and spray B again. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think I need to ID a couple more top notes. Will try that in a min.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, I just smelled the drydown of B again.
    Am I the only one who describes is as ambery and powdery (and pretty quiet, but definitive)?
    I better go and respray it.

Good morning! I'm going to be home all day. My shoulder hurts (old injury), so I'm skipping Sunday hula practice.

I won't say aldehydes for two reasons that may count and one that may not. The one that may not -- I don't smell them. But that doesn't mean anything since I do not smell them, for instance, in Eau Premierre either. But I know they're there. The other two that count -- 1) I don't connect B with any known aldehydic floral, including Rive Gauche (haven't smelled Calandre), and 2) because this sniff is 3*3*3 (I don't want to say more right now, but you will know what I mean when you reread the call).
    But do remember that labels can deceive, and overlap happens. You haven't smelled Calandre? I must send you a sample! It's a favorite of mine.

The grey eyes were meant to describe the coldness of the heart after the herbal/citrusy top. I am one of those people who registers cold from iris and violet florals, with only a couple of notable exceptions. So I'd say I felt a similar cold from Iris Poudre, I smelled a similar live Iris from Bas de Soie (I think I mentioned that one) and had a similar cold/poison feel from Naiviris. We're not scent twins, Wolfie but that helps a lot in a Blind Sniff!
    This is an interesting observation, and one to which I can relate! I have trouble with many iris-featuring fragrances because of that cold quality. Violets not as much.

LOL, LOL, LOL -- nope, so far I can weed by hand, thanks though!!
    Sigh, maybe I'll just go pour the rest of that bottle on the berry vines that keep popping up in our garden.

I am now, despite the fact that it seems like we don't have a Newport Bay on which we stand any more if one looks out of the window (fog). I will finish my coffee and spray B again. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think I need to ID a couple more top notes. Will try that in a min.
    Yes, let's look at top notes!

Good morning, Warum.
    I am starting to suspect that B is not on Basenotes or F-site, with notes that is.
    There is L'Instant Magique, but I don't think it can be that either. And there is Escada Loving Bouquet. Based on the notes and description, I cannot exclude this one. But the perfume looks pink, and B is clear.

Blog Entries

I am starting to suspect that B is not on Basenotes or F-site, with notes that is.
    There is L'Instant Magique, but I don't think it can be that either. And there is Escada Loving Bouquet. Based on the notes and description, I cannot exclude this one. But the perfume looks pink, and B is clear.
    Yep, makes sense. Didn't H say that they are all on F and BN though? It is completely possible that B is listed on BN without notes. And it is completely possible that the notes H uses are not the same ones that are listed on the F. Makes it harder for us, I should say.

Same here re L'Instant Magique -- hard to believe that B can have honey listed. And same re Escada -- I am not familiar with the earlier fragrances of the brand, they may have been much more refined then they are these days, but still, it would be hard to believe Escada and yet I cannot exclude that one either.

Let's go ahead and do the reveal for Sample A, since we're now focusing on B...

MYSTERY FRAGRANCE A

Naj-Oleari EdT by Naj-Oleari (1999)

Fragrantica classifies it as an Aldehydic Floral; listed notes include muguet, coriander, rose, white freesia, clear jasmine, white musk, sandalwood, cedarwood, and vanilla.

Naj-Oleari is an Italian fashion house that became famous in the 70's and 80's. It is well known for its cheerful colors, fabrics and patterns, fashion accessories like hair ribbons, handbags and wallets. It was founded in 1916 by Riccardo Naj-Oleari.

This bottle was given to me as a gift. My take on it is that its target market was younger women on a budget. The bottle is rather pretty, isn't it?
    Last edited by Haunani; 15th July 2012 at 06:36 PM.

Blog Entries

I resprayed. Still stand by lemon verbena/lemon balm, but since we've IDed lemon it can be lemon + green notes, for instance

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, and now since H. revealed A, I can say outloud that two things this means are that B is NOT a floral aldehyde and that B is NOT Italian, there goes my Prada reference. H., please have mercy to correct me if I did not understand the 3*3*3 conditions correctly.

I resprayed. Still stand by lemon verbena/lemon balm, but since we've IDed lemon it can be lemon + green notes, for instance
    Don't be sad! Your reasoning is impeccable, W!

Yes, and now since H. revealed A, I can say outloud that two things this means are that B is NOT a floral aldehyde and that B is NOT Italian, there goes my Prada reference. H., please have mercy to correct me if I did not understand the 3*3*3 conditions correctly.
    True on both counts! However, I think aldhehydes are probably found in a lot of floral fragrances that aren't technically classified as "Floral Aldehydic."

Questions: What country do you think B is from? To whom do you think it's marketed?

Blog Entries

Argh what if I'm wrong?
    I'll guess France or the US for the country.

As to who that's marketed for... if it was a niche, I'd say unisex, easy. Like Odin Petrana (a violet in the desert), for instance. But designers are marking fragrances unisex less often than the niche lines. However, it is still pretty femme to me. A niche line would have guts to market this one for men, a designer -- don't think so (although I have just found out that Dior Homme is supposed to be a lovely fragrance suited for women and men alike). But I keep getting men's fragrances from the list of notes. I refuse to answer this question! I am stumped! My senses tell me femme. When I start thinking, I think myself into a hole. I am going to stay neither here nor there and say unisex.

Good discussion, W! And when do you think the fragrance might have been created? Another thing to focus on is those opening notes. We have confirmed lemon, but what else might be in there?

Blog Entries

H., I think contemporary, after 1989.
    Definitely some green notes in the top -- I was thinking about mint, "green notes", grass.

Warum, you are doing all the great work by yourself. Well, Haunani is there, of course.
    I agree that there is some green in this one. What was the answer to violet leaves?
    How about the aldehydes? Musk?

I agree that this one smells very contemporary. Maybe even post 2000. I may over simplify things, but I would say it is for women.

Blog Entries

Alrighty, y'all. Our lovely wonderful brilliant evil host Haunani squeezed me dry. I said everything that I had to say about the fragrance, and now I am off for a hike with my husband. He will not forgive me if I skip it. So I am taking B for a hike and my experience tells me that wearing a perfume for a hike exacerbates the notes in it. So... as I am climbing up toward Alsea falls, I will be thinking of y'all, Sniff, and B. Will check in toward the evening. I hope there will be some action here by the time I get back online!

Do you think there is some fruit in this one?

- - - Updated - - -

Warum, enjoy the hike.

- - - Updated - - -

I will ask about another note. Pepper? Not because I smell it necessarily, but because it would help narrow down the search.

H., I think contemporary, after 1989.
    Definitely some green notes in the top -- I was thinking about mint, "green notes", grass.
    Do any of our other sniffers want to comment on these suggestions?

Warum, you are doing all the great work by yourself. Well, Haunani is there, of course.
    I agree that there is some green in this one. What was the answer to violet leaves?
    How about the aldehydes? Musk?

I agree that this one smells very contemporary. Maybe even post 2000. I may over simplify things, but I would say it is for women.
    I haven't had two or more people agreeing on aldehydes, musk, or violet leaves (or several others that have been mentioned) so no comment yet. Any second votes?

Alrighty, y'all. Our lovely wonderful brilliant evil host Haunani squeezed me dry. I said everything that I had to say about the fragrance, and now I am off for a hike with my husband. He will not forgive me if I skip it. So I am taking B for a hike and my experience tells me that wearing a perfume for a hike exacerbates the notes in it. So... as I am climbing up toward Alsea falls, I will be thinking of y'all, Sniff, and B. Will check in toward the evening. I hope there will be some action here by the time I get back online!
    Have a good hike, Warum! Sounds like fun. One thing that I will comment on, since two of you have chimed in, is that this fragrance was not created after 1989. Surprised? Also, two of you do not smell red berries, and you are correct in that.

I am truly surprised that this perfume is older than 1989!

...I will ask about another note. Pepper? Not because I smell it necessarily, but because it would help narrow down the search.
    Let's see what others say about the presence or absence of pepper and also other fruit!

- - - Updated - - -

I am truly surprised that this perfume is older than 1989!
    So was I!

queen of the universe

Hi, I'm back. Haunani, I have Carlos Santana for Women, find it to be a summery oriental with a unisex feel, possibly influenced by the 2-and-a-half bucks "Florida water" colognes in the Latin grocery aisle.

Warum, good observations so far.

Re: the age of frag B, I, too am surprised.

Not sure of my evening plans yet, but I'm around for the next 2 hours at least.

Hi, I'm back. Haunani, I have Carlos Santana for Women, find it to be a summery oriental with a unisex feel, possibly influenced by the 2-and-a-half bucks "Florida water" colognes in the Latin grocery aisle.

Warum, good observations so far.

Re: the age of frag B, I, too am surprised.

Not sure of my evening plans yet, but I'm around for the next 2 hours at least.
    Hi J! W and I were actually talking about Carlos Santana for Men. It was one of the fragrances in our "Paint the Town Red" sniff (found here: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/269...t-the-Town-Red!), and she hated it with a passion!

Our sniffers are doing a great job, aren't they? There have been some incorrect guesses for B, too. I'll post them here for benefit of all:

Flirt by Prescriptives
    Guy Laroche Fidji
    Creed Green Irish Tweed

First launched -- 1969/ 1970 (same as Rive Gauche/Calandre) -- it was the style that year. Or around it.

Aldehydes and some people do not smell them -- check Calandre on the F-site, not a sight of aldehydes in their pyramid. In fact, they are there.

Dwell on more florals, please?
    Dwell on the drydown, long-lasting and with pedigree, if you wish.

Hi Twolf! Now that two of you have mentioned aldehydes, I will confirm their presence in this fragrance. Here's a summary of what we've confirmed, so far:

• Quality/higher-end designer fragrance
    • Created before 1989, but has a modern vibe
    • Not from Italy, because A was from Italy
    • Has no red berries
    • Has aldehydes
    • Has lemon, violet, iris, sandalwood

Individuals have suspected the following possible notes, but they haven't been corroborated by any other sniffers: grass, green notes?, bergamot, jasmine, rose, musk, amber, violet leaf, opoponax, lily, verbena, other fruit? There are four or five additional listed notes that haven't been mentioned at all yet.

And, by the way, I think we've talked a little about EdT vs. EdP. What do you think now?

A couple of things to remember:

• Some designer fragrances may be more "niche-like" (harder to find in a department store).
    • Some notes may be listed in different ways in online directories.

I wonder if it's morning yet for OVincze? How do you like your new quarters, Twolf? Warum, how was the hike? Jujy54, are you enjoying this fragrance? And Darkdreams, are you excited about starting your new job?

Not morning yet, will be 6 am around my 10-11 pm -- I do not know if they have summer savings.

Excellent moderation of the thread.

From Warum: I won't say aldehydes for two reasons that may count and one that may not. The one that may not -- I don't smell them. Aldehydes were in B from second one, therefore Calandre/Rive Gauche references, on this skin/in this purse/on this piece of napkin. And personally, I DO connect B with several aldehydic-florals, like Madame Rochas for example, in addition to the ones I have already brought to your kind attention. Please explain Reason 2 to me in a PM (3*3*3whachemacallit).

To answer your question, H: it is a lot of work, I am still trying to locate everything, it is here but in which box? and besides, it was very hot last week.
    Last edited by Twolf; 15th July 2012 at 11:02 PM.

Our Twolf is the first to identify Mystery Sample B! Congratulations, T! I hope you'll continue to take part in the discussion of this one.

Haunani, I did not give up searching for B. But I am a little nervous about tomorrow. I am trying to prepare. Not sure how.For now, I was out to drive a little. Yeah, I am a terrible driver, with little experience. And I will have to commute to work about 1hour each way now. That scares me sooo much!

queen of the universe

Hi, fragrance A barely registered on me. I get the citrus/green of B, much like the huge sampler from Hillaire, very pleasant and refreshing, but, truth be told, refreshing is not my cup of tea. I like my animalics, especially as a counter to citrus—without some leather or civet the citrus is just too weightless for me. (Note: I don't experience modern musks as animalic so much as powdery)

I actually thought TWolf guessed it a long time ago!

- - - Updated - - -

Was it ever confirmed that B is marketed towards women?

queen of the universe

DD, good luck at your new job and with the commute. Just relax and have music, recorded book, or NPR on the stereo and you'll be fine.

I actually thought TWolf guessed it a long time ago!
    Oh! Perhaps she did, but she just told me. :-)

Was it ever confirmed that B is marketed towards women?
    No, that wasn't confirmed.

- - - Updated - - -

Haunani, I did not give up searching for B. But I am a little nervous about tomorrow. I am trying to prepare. Not sure how.For now, I was out to drive a little. Yeah, I am a terrible driver, with little experience. And I will have to commute to work about 1hour each way now. That scares me sooo much!
    DD, good luck at your new job and with the commute. Just relax and have music, recorded book, or NPR on the stereo and you'll be fine.
    I agree with J! I don't like to drive, either, but I had to drive a lot on my last job. You'll get more comfortable it. I found that alone time in my car could be useful for thinking, doing the things J recommends, or even practicing a new language! Wishing you a safe commute and a successful first day!

- - - Updated - - -

Hi, fragrance A barely registered on me. I get the citrus/green of B, much like the huge sampler from Hillaire, very pleasant and refreshing, but, truth be told, refreshing is not my cup of tea. I like my animalics, especially as a counter to citrus—without some leather or civet the citrus is just too weightless for me. (Note: I don't experience modern musks as animalic so much as powdery)
    Ah, an animalic fan! I'm learning to appreciate certain animalics, but refreshing IS more my cup of tea. :-)

Thank you for the wishes ladies. At this point I would not be able to listen to a book or learn a new language. I really hope I will in time, because 3 hours a day is a huge amount of time. Maybe I will finally learn Spanish. As it is, I hold on to the steering wheel and say prayers every time I need to change the lane or merge.

Maybe I have another guess for B then....

...Maybe I have another guess for B then....
    And Darkdreams has guessed the identity of Mystery Sample B! Congratulations!!!

We'll give Warum and OVincze some time to return, continue sniffing, and review the latest conversations...

queen of the universe

darkdreams has identified B! Good work! Care to tell us how you figured it out? Without giving away too much?

Thank you for the wishes ladies. At this point I would not be able to listen to a book or learn a new language. I really hope I will in time, because 3 hours a day is a huge amount of time. Maybe I will finally learn Spanish. As it is, I hold on to the steering wheel and say prayers every time I need to change the lane or merge.

Maybe I have another guess for B then....

jujy, it was easy, once I ignored my own ideas.

darkdreams has identified B! Good work! Care to tell us how you figured it out? Without giving away too much?
    Aren't they good?! Yes, I hope both DD and T will help us guide the others to the light. :-)

- - - Updated - - -

jujy, it was easy, once I ignored my own ideas.
    Interesting! :-)

It will be easy, if they remember one thing: this is one surprising perfume!

DD, bon chance! I will be thinking of you all morning long. Spanish is easy as compared to some other languages.

Tips on how to guess it:
    1) no matter what we say (and, especially, me, blabber) read what H. has to say;
    2) sniff more for notes, prim and detached floral heart, nice and long-lasting dryout;
    3) trust me on Rive Gauche, Calandre and Madame Rochas -- although some/all of them can't be figured out by notes in the BN Directory (non-existing pyramids, right?) -- write down the notes for all three from elsewhere and sort them out one by one in terms of their occurrence in Sample B. You should get a fairly decent pyramid of your own. That's actually my most favoritest part of the guessing process: comparing and eliminating, I always ask you all: give me 2-3 fragrances you compare Fragrance Y with?

DD, bon chance! I will be thinking of you all morning long. Spanish is easy as compared to some other languages.

Tips on how to guess it:
    1) no matter what we say (and, especially, me, blabber) read what H. has to say;
    2) sniff more for notes, prim and detached floral heart, nice and long-lasting dryout;
    3) trust me on Rive Gauche, Calandre and Madame Rochas -- although some/all of them can't be figured out by notes in the BN Directory (non-existing pyramids, right?) -- write down the notes for all three from elsewhere and sort them out one by one in terms of their occurrence in Sample B. You should get a fairly decent pyramid of your own. That's actually my most favoritest part of the guessing process: comparing and eliminating, I always ask you all: give me 2-3 fragrances you compare Fragrance Y with?
    Good advice! Later, I will tell you another that B reminds me of....

Blog Entries

Back from a hike, it took longer -- quite an adventure, I enjoyed that!
    I searched with and without aldehydes before I went, so it was nice to have that confirmed, but I have already covered that trail the best I could.
    Surprise about the date! Is TWolf's assessment of 1969-70 confirmed, H.?
    I will eat.
    I might have to sleep on this one, either. In case this is so -- good night! If I make it back here today -- then see y'all later!

Back from a hike, it took longer -- quite an adventure, I enjoyed that!
    I searched with and without aldehydes before I went, so it was nice to have that confirmed, but I have already covered that trail the best I could.
    Surprise about the date! Is TWolf's assessment of 1969-70 confirmed, H.?
    I will eat.
    I might have to sleep on this one, either. In case this is so -- good night! If I make it back here today -- then see y'all later!
    Glad your hike was fun, W! Actually, T's time frame was just a little early. That narrows things down, doesn't it? :-)

queen of the universe

Just checking in to say, goodnight, all. I'll be around tomorrow morning and evening (EDT) just not afternoon.
    Scented dreams!

Just checking in to say, goodnight, all. I'll be around tomorrow morning and evening (EDT) just not afternoon.
    Scented dreams!
    Good night, J! I will be gone from about 9:30-12:30, California time. Will be here the rest of the day and evening!

DD, remember my guess of $12.99 for a 50ml bottle of Heaven Scent? In the case with B, the price estimate of about $65 for 50ml is very close to the price listed in the source where it is available from.

I will be here in and out -- still have to go to the hardware store to buy some paint, paint the clothing line poles, tie the ropes up, and do 4 loads of laundry. All that after work in the AM. Beauties of moving! I am also doing a mini-micro Blind Sniff for another BNer and it is fascinating.

BTW, I love B. It is a serious discovery of 2012 for me and the best fragrance I have smelled this year, bar none, this far. I sort of liked another fragrance (the newest Omnia Coral) but it is an entirely different story.

Good morning, all! We have a spectator who just made a very good guess for B!

Twolf
    , would love to hear more about the mini-sniff sometime.

OVincze, have you had a chance to catch up on B?

Blog Entries

OV, I hope you will have a chance to come over and play with B. There's two of us working on it. I do not know what B is, but during a hike I smelled a couple of other notes, and I hope to hear your impressions -- two of us we can get these confirmed.