Code of Conduct

Default Pre-formulated Dior Homme Intense vs Re-formulated

Hello all,

Finally managed to test these to side by side. And I have to say, its tough chosing between them. The reformulated version seemed a better all rounder to me and I could use it year round. Maybe the original would work better in the winter.... it also had a slightly better edge with longevity and sillage. But the difference in sillage was minimal in my opinion. Will revisit both again to be sure though lol.

With the original juice, I picked up sharper and stronger top notes. Not sure what it was exactly with my un-trained nose. Anyone care to shed light on what this note could have been?

Oh and the original also seemed to have a more stronger vanilla note all the way through. Which I quite liked.

To cap it off, both are brilliant. The latest version edges it for me very slight..... for now!

Default Re: Pre-formulated Dior Homme Intense vs Re-formulated

Although I only have the first release, I have always had a difficult time distinguishing between the two.

I have a very good nose and the main difference to me is in the opening and mid. The vintage has slightly stronger Iris that quickly turns into a vanilla/cocoa bomb where the reformulation opens up with the Iris and it hangs on throughout the duration of the fragrance. In the reform you do get the vanilla and cocoa, but it just takes longer for it to develop. In the drydown they are virtually identical. The longevity and sillage is slightly better in the vintage but not by much. Overall there are minor differences between the two. Francois Demachy did a good job making the reform as close to the original as possible.

Just as with DH EDT, I like original better. But reformulated of both DH and DHI are still excellent!

[QUOTE=cameron;2622858]Just as with DH EDT, I like original better. But reformulated of both DH and DHI are still excellent![/

I couldn't agree more, I love them both

Thanks to all for the info.....I will purchase The Intense version soon!!!
    Gary

I agree with everything you just posted OP. I may be one of the only BN'ers that would prefer to wear the reformulated version over the vintage. Hmmmm....
    CURRENT TOP 5

1. Dior Homme Intense
    2. Creed Aventus
    3. Tom Ford Extreme
    4. Gucci Pour Homme II
    5. Terre d'Hermes

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I have the original and the re-formulation of both DH and DHI. I have tried the 'blind test' with both. The re-formulated versions are very, very similar. In fact, I prefer the re-formulated version of DHI. It lasts longer on my skin. Overall, I adore both fragrances.

Thanks for the input guys and the detailed information on the notes I'm picking up. A local high street store still has a vintage tester bottle. What can I do to convince them to let me have it? Any tips? lol

They're still threads going on about this?

Quote Originally Posted by Sufyaan View Post
    Thanks for the input guys and the detailed information on the notes I'm picking up. A local high street store still has a vintage tester bottle. What can I do to convince them to let me have it? Any tips? lol
    Tell them you will pay 74 bucks to purchase it. That's what the price for DHI always was.