Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Polo Black - Polo Double Black...is there actually any difference...?

May be few years back I was at a fragrance store trying this & that and the salesman showed me Black & Double black...I do not exactly remember what it was but it smelled very woody and pleasent....Anyways I thought that it was Polo Black...so I ordered it from eBay and I was very excited till the time I actually received it...since then it is lying in my shelf unused....may be it is the 'iced mango; which turns me off...and now when I want to smell Polo double black again I could not find it any stores here...still wondering if it was double Black that day...
    So my question is...Is Double Black any different than Black? I could see Mango in the top notes of this as well...!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Polo Black - Polo Double Black...is there actually any difference...?

Yes, they are different. Black is sweeter I believe, and fruitier. Double Black is the better fragrance in my opinion, and it was probably what you were thinking of.

Default Re: Polo Black - Polo Double Black...is there actually any difference...?

Yes they are different.....Gary

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

both are equally forgettable

Double Black is the way to go.
    "Only by pride cometh contention: but with the well advised is wisdom." "It is honorable for a man to stop striving, Since any fool can start a quarrel." Proverbs.

Post Thanks / Like

i prefer double black as well

Post Thanks / Like

A very noticeable difference to my nose.

Post Thanks / Like

Markedly different if I recall Double Black correctly. And DB is far better to me.

Post Thanks / Like

I won't say which is better or worse as they each have their own superior qualities, but Double Black is more oriental, spicy and possibly more interesting. DB is certainly the more popular on Basenotes. Its actually quite interesting considering the sillage/projection AND longevity are generally better for the original Black rather than the popular DB. I've used a few short squirts of the original and receive compliments from strangers, where as the DB tends to go less noticed. Just my $0.02...
    Fall/Winter Rotation:

Lancme Hypnse
    Lanvin Avant Garde
    Zegna Intenso
    Dior Homme Intense
    Thierry Mugler Taste of Fragrance
    Prada Amber Intense Pour Homme

If smelling good was a crime, I'd be serving a lifetime sentence....

- OE (olfactoryexperience)