Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How to unsubscribe from threads.

I am continually getting email notifications of threads that they say I subscribed to. However, I never subscribed to any threads. I have tried and tried to unsubscribe with no success. I have tried every unsubscribe button on this site that I can find and I just keep getting emails.

Could someone tell me in very simple terms how to unsubscribe from all thread? Please help!

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: How to unsubscribe from threads.

Go to your settings page
    Click on subscriptions
    Click the ones you want to delete
    Go to the bottom of the page and use the drop-down menu on the right to select "delete"
    Click "go" (this part is important.)

If you did all this, I don't know of any other way to delete a subscription.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you 30 Roses however my thread info is cleared right now so I cannot follow through with your instructions. I somehow cleared the box of my threads prior to this discussion. I've done this time and time again today , but somehow I keep getting thread subscriptions in my email. For instance, this question with it's replies will probably show up as a thread sub. in my email. LOL I want it to stop, it's cluttering up my email. I would prefer not to have ANY thread notifications whatsoever. But thank you anyway.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Contact Grant: support@basenotes.net

If you go to your General settings page here: General Settings - Basenotes Forums

Scroll down to Messages and Notification

Choose something other than one of the "using email" options.

Let me know if that works.

G

Post Thanks / Like

HI, IN general settings I unchecked/disabled all boxes that mentioned receiving emails, and in the Default Thread Subscription Mode box I have (Through MY Control Panel Only). I will see if that works. However, I set it up like this earlier today and still received email notification of subscriptions to threads. Hopefully it will shut it off this time. Thanks for contacting me.

- - - Updated - - -

Good morning Grant! No it didn't work. I received an email this morning of a reply to thread "what are you eating/drinking". And I assure you I have disabled all my email boxes in General Settings .

Any further help would be appreciated. Could administration go into my settings area and repair things?

Oh, and as a side note: When I click on the above link mentioned by 30 Roses support@basenotes.net I get a box that says "could not perform this operation because the default mail client is not properly installed" I don't know what that is about.
    Last edited by Beach Girl; 11th July 2012 at 12:35 PM.