Code of Conduct

Default versace pour homme grey market or fake?

So I got a bottle of Versace Pour Homme from 1001fragrance.ca. I was wondering if this was either grey market or fake.

Why I think it's suspicious: Please look at the four photos here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/4712928...7630519911126/. Basically, the serial number at the bottom has been cut out.

Where the QR code is supposed to be at the bottom of the box, there is a sticker with a QR code on it (you can see it in the pictures). Underneath the sticker, there is a small square of paper cut out with some kind of knife, like an exacto knife. The sticker QR code just decodes into the text "fragrance". I went to the Bay today and asked to see a real box. It looks the same as my box except that they have the actual QR code printed on the box, and it decodes as a serial number.

So I think my bottle is an unauthorized grey market thing. I also sprayed on my wrist the tester at the Bay, so on my right wrist is the tester and on my left wrist is my bottle. They honestly smell the same (with a half hour delay, so it's not totally a perfect setup).

The bottle really looks authentic, the juice is the right colour etc.

But still this cutting out of the QR code and serial number looks suspicious....

Default Re: versace pour homme grey market or fake?

I'm not an expert on Versace, but I do know that a lot of sellers remove serial numbers etc. I don't think you need to worry. Does it smell like the real deal?

Okay, so I still have the smell test going on (mine on left wrist, The Bay tester on right wrist), 2hrs 15minutes in, and they really do smell the same and I can't tell that one is stronger than the other. I feel it's legit.

My one argument in favour of my bottle being legitimate is that the QR code was removed, which usually contains a number (serial/id). Thus the box is most likely real. If this were a fake, wouldn't they just make a fake box?

It looks fine to me.

Quote Originally Posted by automorphism View Post
    If this were a fake, wouldn't they just make a fake box?
    That's what they want you to think...

Seriously, looks fine and if it smells good, it's probably legit. Enjoy it!

Thanks guys. After nearly four hours of testing I think I'm ready to call this one ok. The most likely explanation is probably that they just aren't official. Scary though!

I have the 100ml bottle of Versace pour homme and they look almost identical. The only difference is the bottom of the box, right above the ser# (still on the white) is a dark blue lot number (?) that matches the bottom of my bottle and I do not have a white like bar code like thing to the right of my ser# but rather my is just a silver foil square. Oh and another thing is the bottom of the bottle all the way on the left of the sticker it has what looks like a small flower pot with wilted leaves or something (just to the left of what looks like a can with an open lid that says 36m)

The difference may just be between the 100ml box / bottle and the 50 ml box / bottle though.
    Living each day one spray at a time

I just bought a 100ml bottle off 1001fragrance.ca. I should have it in a week. I post back on what I see.

Looks quite legit.

Looks legit. Look at mine!!!

And YES it's 150% legit.
    Check out my Fragrance Review Blog

Wishlist: Byredo Pulp, Creed Aventus, Montale Black Aoud, Original Santal, Dior Jules, Invasion Barbare, Pure Distance M

I have a bottle and it looks legit.
    The sense of smell, like a faithful counsellor, foretells its character.