Code of Conduct
    Banned
    Blog Entries

Default dior homme vs dior homme intense

what's the difference between them? i detected very minimal differences.

Default Re: dior homme vs dior homme intense

dior homme focuses on iris with cocoa background
    dior homme intense focuses on cocoa with iris background

(from both vintage, I heard reformulated DH is closer to DHI than vintage DH)

Quote Originally Posted by noirdrakkar View Post
    I detected very minimal differences.
    My experience too.

To me, Dior Homme is a bit sharper where DHI is a bit smoother. It's very subtle, but it's there.

Homme is more about cocoa to me, while Intense is more about vanilla, they have about equal amounts of iris

This topic has been addressed in other threads, but to sum up my feelings, the current formulations are very similar to each other, much more so than the vintage versions. Many with better noses will disagree, but to be honest I doubt if I could tell the difference between the current versions of Dior Homme and Dior Homme Intense if I smelled either one on another person. I am pretty sure I could tell the difference between the vintage versions.

My personal preference, in descending order, is for Dior Homme (vintage), Dior Homme Intense (reformulated), Dior Homme Intense (original), and Dior Homme (reformulated). But I'm in the minority.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

DH (Vintage) is classy and chic with a high quality iris blast at the start. Only lasts four hours on me.
    DHI (vintage) - Is more of a night time going out frag and has that smooth sexy vibe with its vanille/coco combo and lasts 12hrs on me.

Dior Homme is a bit "brighter"...has a little more zest and a little less smooth. They are very close. I'm really not sure if it's worthwhile to own both, but I do.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by crvn View Post
    dior homme focuses on iris with cocoa background
    dior homme intense focuses on cocoa with iris background

(from both vintage, I heard reformulated DH is closer to DHI than vintage DH)
    Interesting. Intense is definitely slightly sweeter whereas DH is more floral.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    My experience too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Beast View Post
    To me, Dior Homme is a bit sharper where DHI is a bit smoother. It's very subtle, but it's there.
    I get that too.

Quote Originally Posted by barclaydetolly View Post
    This topic has been addressed in other threads, but to sum up my feelings, the current formulations are very similar to each other, much more so than the vintage versions. Many with better noses will disagree, but to be honest I doubt if I could tell the difference between the current versions of Dior Homme and Dior Homme Intense if I smelled either one on another person. I am pretty sure I could tell the difference between the vintage versions.

My personal preference, in descending order, is for Dior Homme (vintage), Dior Homme Intense (reformulated), Dior Homme Intense (original), and Dior Homme (reformulated). But I'm in the minority.
    I don't have the kind of nose to distinguish all of that so well. And from 2 feet away, most people wouldn't be able to either.

So, I'll buy whichever one is cheaper (which is DH I think) because both are masterpeices. And in my opinion, you don't need to own both unless you are absolutely in love with them.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I find that DH concentrates more on the iris note which lasts though out the life of the scent. DHI blends that wonderful iris note with cocao and vanilla. I adore them both. DH for the day, DHI for the evening.

DHI is just what it says on the box to me; a more intense version of the original. I'd take the intense version over the regular any day.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Both are delicious. I would be all over a woman who wears either.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Forget to mention earlier, if I could have only one of the two, definitely, DHI.

- - - Updated - - -

Dior Homme Intense. The only fragrance I have ever purchased as a blind buy based on the reviews. Initially, I ordered two bottles as a blind buy. And never once, regretted it. I love this juice.

- - - Updated - - -

Dior Homme Intense. The only fragrance I have ever purchased as a blind buy based on the reviews. Initially, I ordered two bottles as a blind buy. And never once, regretted it. I love this juice.

I have DHI original and reformulation and DH original and reformulation.

DH original is the best of the lot. LOVE the iris in this. Great at office or at play. Possibly my favorite fragrance.
    DHI original is second best. It is a great gourmand, evening scent with cocoa/vanilla.
    DH reformulated is like a combo of original DH + gourmand components of DHI. Like a hybrid - sweeter than original DH.
    DHI reformulated is like a combo of original DHI + iris component of DH.

My views on them:
    original DH > original DHI > reformulated DHI > reformulated DH
    I am not one of those folks that think the originals are great but the reformulated are garbage. I think they are all great with the originals just being BETTER.

I keep reading about vanilla and cocoa in Dior Homme/Intense.

How would you guys compare it to Chanel Coromandel ? If you own that do you need Dior Homme ?

Basenotes Junkie

IMO, They start out rather similar, but DHI gets much sweeter and more intense with lots of vanilla in the dry down.

DH is slightly better DHI but DHI crushes DH in longevity. For me it's not even close DHI wins hands down. 12 hours versus 2-3 hours. This is the latest versions of both, vintage I have no idea.

miaw2

DHI is sweeter and lasts more in my skin.

- - - Updated - - -

DHI is sweeter and lasts more in my skin.

Dior Homme Intense is a very luxurious scent. At first spray it comes on like vintage Dior Homme, with the iris coming out strong, when an hour or so passes, the sweeter cocoa and vanilla come to the fore. I like it so much better than the current Dior Homme, and about equally with the vintage DH. DHI is a really nice wear on a dreary, rainy day. I also much prefer it to LIDGE, which I sold about 3 weeks after buying it. DHI is GOOD stuff.