Code of Conduct

Question Michael Kors for Men owners - has your cap white paint on it ?

Just got this frag, and I like it - has some vibes similar to Serge Lutens Fumerie Turque to my nose, which is a good thing - YMMV - but my black cap is full of what looks like white pieces of scraped painting on it.

Is it supposed to look this way or ?

I got it in a sealed box and everything else on this bottle looks perfect - just not the trash white paint on the black cap......
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    GR8 Hitz: Kouros, Egoiste & Fahrenheit

Default Re: Michael Kors for Men owners - has your cap white paint on it ?

Yes, it's like a marble effect and has been on every bottle I've seen.

As above, it's a marble effect. Couldn't stomach the fragrance though, not my cup of tea.

Ahhhhh....thanks for the information Gents !!!

BTW this so called effect looks cheapish and ruins the overall impression of a tobacco-leather-incense noted stylish fragrance.......
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking

Quote Originally Posted by CHSeifert View Post
    Just got this frag, and I like it - has some vibes similar to Serge Lutens Fumerie Turque to my nose, which is a good thing - YMMV - but my black cap is full of what looks like white pieces of scraped painting on it.

Is it supposed to look this way or ?

I got it in a sealed box and everything else on this bottle looks perfect - just not the trash white paint on the black cap......

It's faux marble.

Yep and I tried thumbing it off.

Heh, I recently got my hands on a Givenchy-era version (EDT + Aftershave), and when they arrived, I thought the caps had scuff marks and actually tried polishing them out. Yeah, it looks like a beat-up bottle, but apparently that's what they were going for. Why, I have no idea.

I own a bottle of this though the cap is black- no white markings.
    La vita breve, la morte vien.

Wanted!!! Rectoverso Tea Tobacco by Ulric de Varens. PM Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by koala501 View Post
    I own a bottle of this though the cap is black- no white markings.
    Fake !!!

Well, you are a smart guy so probably not. It's likely a cap that did not get the marble design. I actually like the look of it.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldini View Post
    Heh, I recently got my hands on a Givenchy-era version (EDT + Aftershave), and when they arrived, I thought the caps had scuff marks and actually tried polishing them out. Yeah, it looks like a beat-up bottle, but apparently that's what they were going for. Why, I have no idea.
    Exactly what I did too - first thumbs, then a wet cloth and then a dry towel to no avail - the stains stayed on there, now I know why - looks really cheapish IMHO
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldini View Post
    Exactly what I did too - first thumbs, then a wet cloth and then a dry towel to no avail - the stains stayed on there, now I know why - looks really cheapish IMHO
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    Fake !!!

Well, you are a smart guy so probably not. It's likely a cap that did not get the marble design. I actually like the look of it.
    Thanks Surfacing, I have my moments! LOL.

I was worried that I may have purchased a fake but it is a real bottle.
    La vita breve, la morte vien.

Wanted!!! Rectoverso Tea Tobacco by Ulric de Varens. PM Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Interesting. Mine has the (slightly) marbled cap, too, but it doesn't look cheap at all. The marbling appears to be in the plastic, not painted on top.

I'm wearing it today. Had the fragrance many years ago, swapped it off, and recently rediscovered it - and bought two bottles! I find it to be an extremely elegant presentation of pipe tobacco, spice, amber and patchouli notes - bold and ususual but also undoubtedly gentlemanly and refined. Strikes me as very 'mature' (in the best sense).
    For swap/sale: NIB: Pure Malt, Floris Vetiver, Vintage Tiffany, Duc de Vervins, Charriol Royal Leather, Dior Homme, Bentley Intense; Dior Homme Intense, Chanel PMC, M7 gel, Roma (women's), LIDGE, Spicebomb, Trussardi Uomo, Obsession, others...
    http://tiny.cc/rd8ptw
    (swaps)
    http://tinyurl.com/a7qoley
    (sales)

I've had this one in my potential blind buys for a while now. Can any of you think of comparable scents I could find at Sephora, Macy's or Nordstrom that you'd say "If you like this, you'd enjoy Michael Kors"?

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    I've had this one in my potential blind buys for a while now. Can any of you think of comparable scents I could find at Sephora, Macy's or Nordstrom that you'd say "If you like this, you'd enjoy Michael Kors"?
    I find it pretty unigue, but perhaps Gucci pour Homme ( 2003), Rochas Lui and Burberry London for Men are somewhat comparable.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Quote Originally Posted by ebear View Post
    Interesting. Mine has the (slightly) marbled cap, too, but it doesn't look cheap at all. The marbling appears to be in the plastic, not painted on top.

I'm wearing it today. Had the fragrance many years ago, swapped it off, and recently rediscovered it - and bought two bottles! I find it to be an extremely elegant presentation of pipe tobacco, spice, amber and patchouli notes - bold and ususual but also undoubtedly gentlemanly and refined. Strikes me as very 'mature' (in the best sense).
    My cap fits this description. The marbling is part of the coloring within the plastic, which has a smooth surface. It could not be mistaken for scuff marks or something applied on top of the plastic. Perhaps just changes in the manufacturing process over time?

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    Michael for Men strike me as a heavier, darker version of Aramis Havana. Where Havana is an all season/weather scent for me, I tend to only wear Michael for Men in cooler weather.
    Just because it happened to you doesn't make it interesting.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

My sales thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/304...85#post2614885

Wanted: YSL Nu EdP

That marbling is strange. It gives the impression that there was some problem mixing the color into the plastic.

As for what it resembles, I would suggest Xeryus Rouge. Depends on how you spray it, though. If either of these is sprayed too heavily, it is unbearable for me.

I just love its resembling fragrances noted here (Gucci PH, Rochas Lui, Aramis Havana...) so this is in the top list of future blind buys for me. I really don't care if the cap is marble like or black...Just hope the content will worth the waiting...
    "I love fragrances because they provide a sheer endless variety: there is a scent for every occasion, mood or feeling. Standing before my collection in the morning matching a perfume to my needs is one of the most enjoyable things in my day". I don't want to miss that

Current Top 12 Spring: | Chanel Allure Blanche | Guerlain Homme Intense |
    Dior Fahrenheit | Givenchy pour Homme | Carolina Herrera for Men | Narciso Rodriguez Him | T. Mugler A*Men Sunessence | Trussardi Inside | C. Herrera Chic | Azzaro PH | M. Kors Michael for Men | Pal Zileri Sartoriale |