Code of Conduct

Default were heading to boston- any good cologne shops??

im looking for any good cologne shops in boston, ill gladly work them in to our shopping/sightseeing. thanks in advance!

Default Re: were heading to boston- any good cologne shops??

Oooh. So many. Barneys, Saks, Neil Morris, Neiman Marcus, Lush, Dyptique, Fresh, Sephora, Colonial Drug (that's a treat), Hermes, Montblanc, Kiehl's, Essence, Mystic Perfume. And of course more pedestrian shops such as Lord & Taylor, Macy's etc.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/256...d-Wide-Meet-Up

Check out our group event report from 2010. Boston is a mecca. I regret I didn't get to Colonial Drug.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Colonial Drug in Harvard Square is the unique perfume stop in Boston. They have things that I'm sure have been on their shelves since the '80s and have long been discontinued and a lot of stuff I have seen no where else. They are the only retailer I know in the U.S. for Knize. The other places are fine but they are not really different from these outlets in other cities.

As neal was saying, Colonial Drugs just off Harvard square is small but has some great stuff, especially the Knize Ten line. But also one of my fave perfumes, Metal by Paco Rabanne. Unfortunately K10 is 125 ml, so if you're not planning to check in a bag, you have to have it shipped (they do) for about $8 or so.

I'd add to neal's list the Chanel boutique at the beginning of Arlington st for the exclusives (closed on sun).

If you are into vintage, Boston antiques (or something like that) near Lechmere subway station could have the occasional thing. When I went there, out of 4 cramped floors of stuff, I only saw three or four perfume bottles. A couple were uninteresting, but two were spectacular (vintage Visa and vintage Heure Bleue). Of course, they are not there anymore.

cacio

were in western mass, so we'll be driving. colonial drug sounds promising!

Oh, another place to go is the Chestnut Hill Mall in Newton (off rt. 9). There is a Bloomingdales with excellent perfume departments, including a huge one for women, a big Sephora, and an Occitane store. Chanel (in the Taj Hotel) and Hermes (in the Ritz Carlton) are close to each other off the Boston Common but are not open in the evenings.

I think Boston Antiques is long gone (like twenty years maybe?). I used to live in the area. I think the building is now high-tech condos. There is a large shopping mall nearby with another Sephora and maybe Perfumania.

Neiman Marcus and Barney's are in the same Copley Place shopping mall off Boylston Street downtown and Saks is nearby. Neiman Marcus is excellent but the Barney's selection seems to be smaller than the New York store. I think the Lush outlet is on Newbury St. so it is also not far. There is a big Nordstrom's in the Natick Mall (along with several million pricey boutique clothing stores) but I don't know what the perfume section is like.
    Last edited by BurgundyMarsh; 3rd July 2012 at 10:54 PM.

Re: Boston antiques, I had the wrong name, it's Cambridge antiques (I guess being in Cambridge...):
    http://www.marketantique.com/cambridg.htm
    just two blocks from Lechmere, north of the station (while the galeria mall is south of it). It was there 2 months ago.

cacio

Blog Entries

An important point about Colonial Drugs: They do not accept credit cards!

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post

duly noted! im liking what im reading, im really beginning to worry that i will turn our romantic getaway into a "me/my stuff" trip. thanks for all your responses. and any more that come in
    Darren

Barney's is not the best, selection is rather small but they do have lutens, malle, and nasomatto. Neimans is awesome, ask for Anne on the second floor, she's excellent and can talk for hours about fragrance. Saks has a decent selection but poor reps on the whole. Don't bother with the Dior boutique, they don't have fragrances unfortunately.
    Splits!

Tom Ford - Patchouli Absolu --------> http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...tchouli-Absolu

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    Re: Boston antiques, I had the wrong name, it's Cambridge antiques (I guess being in Cambridge...):
    http://www.marketantique.com/cambridg.htm
    just two blocks from Lechmere, north of the station (while the galeria mall is south of it). It was there 2 months ago.

cacio
    This is a different building. Looks like they may have moved a couple blocks if this is the same outfit. The old one was in a 1930s style concrete loft building that I believe is now a condo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    This is a strange thing. They sometimes have taken my credit card, other times not. It seems to depend on whether the owner is minding the store or a clerk. Or perhaps they just changed their policy. There is an ATM across the street though just past the Harvest Restaurant (a local institution and a favorite with architects, going back many decades).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BurgundyMarsh View Post
    This is a strange thing. They sometimes have taken my credit card, other times not. It seems to depend on whether the owner is minding the store or a clerk. Or perhaps they just changed their policy. There is an ATM across the street though just past the Harvest Restaurant (a local institution and a favorite with architects, going back many decades).
    Interesting...maybe they take CCs now?

Bring a checkbook in case they still don't, is my advice.

oh i will!

anyone knows what colonial drug is charging for knize ten?

Blog Entries

Phone or email them and ask!

1000scents@colonialdrug.com
    Or Telephone 617-864-2222

http://www.colonialdrug.com/

perfect, thanks.

they offered a sample and i said i'd go to cambridge to pick it up so that they could save on shipping. they said nah, the weather's too hot let us ship it to you instead. what great folks.