Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default SotD Friday, 13th July 2012

Hello sweethearts!
    We had some downtime recently but let's hope that everything is fine now and that we won't have another break soon. The weather has changed here, it's quite cold and we have a mix of cloudy sky and sunny sky, in other words - typical Polish weather for summer.
    I'm wearing Eau Pour Le Jeune Homme from Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier

Now I'm heading to the kitchen to bake a lemon cake. Have a good day (even thought it's "unlucky" Friday the 13th)
    - - - - -
    If you feel like so check out my review of Amouage Interlude Man here

Default Re: SotD Friday, 13th July 2012

Good morning!

Hello all. For synch Friday (vintage juice) I'm wearing Givenchy III from an old bottle I scored off the bay a couple of years back - and quite wonderful it is too.

Rochas Moustache.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman
    Currently wearing: Cuiron by Helmut Lang

pg bois blond, it helps me imagine that i walk through a field of golden grain, in august, under a scorching sun, it's dry, it's hot, there's no shade, just a light breeze. never thought i wished for that, but after 4 months of continuous rain in london, this is what i want. have a good weekend everyone.

And... we're back !

Not synching yet - I'll pull out some vintage treasure tonight. Chergui for now.
    Have a lovely Friday, all.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by devilcat View Post
    Hello all. For synch Friday (vintage juice) I'm wearing Givenchy III from an old bottle I scored off the bay a couple of years back - and quite wonderful it is too.
    Well done! Wear it in good health.

Eau du Sud for me today. Citrus/Basil/Mint. Clean and soapy. One of the best if you like this kinda thing, and I do!!

Going a wee bit of shopping with mum then taking her home today. We have had a really nice time. She is going off home with samples of Sud and Hadrien and somje decants to follow.

Oh shit! It is Friday! What is this with me not knowing what day of the week it is? Again! I will enjoy synching later.

Quote Originally Posted by Foustie View Post
    Well done! Wear it in good health.

Eau du Sud for me today. Citrus/Basil/Mint. Clean and soapy. One of the best if you like this kinda thing, and I do!!

Going a wee bit of shopping with mum then taking her home today. We have had a really nice time. She is going off home with samples of Sud and Hadrien and somje decants to follow.
    I love Eau d'Hadrien but it quickly wears off from my skin, still haven't tried Eau du Sud, which sounds up my alley. You know I love the soapy, squeaky clean stuff.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by lucasai View Post
    I love Eau d'Hadrien but it quickly wears off from my skin, still haven't tried Eau du Sud, which sounds up my alley. You know I love the soapy, squeaky clean stuff.
    Eau du Sud comes highly recommended from me too and the staying power is superior to Eau d'Hadrien. BTW if you find EDH fleeting wait until you give Duel a whirl - my skin is extremely well behaved and Duel has the most abysmal longevity I've ever experienced from any fragrance.
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 13th July 2012 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post
    Eau du Sud comes highly recommended from me too and the staying power is superior to Eau d'Hadrien. BTW if you find EDH fleeting wait until you give Duel a whirl - my skin is extremely well behaved and Duel has the most abysmal longevity I've ever experienced from any fragrance.
    Jon, you read my mind! I'm on a hunt for a sample of Duel. One of our BN friends offered she'd try to get me a sample from AG boutique. If it works for me I'll definitely buy it. Nuit Etoilee is great and I just sampled Ninfeo Mio which also goes on my to-buy list.

Late morning all!
    In Thé pour un été, today- a bit monotonous with L'Artisan, lately, am I not?!

Basenotes Plus

TGIF !!. Glad to be back - in synch with Eau Sauvage today.

Banned

The degree in which you are worried when basenotes is offline defines your degree of addiction. :-)
    Yatagan (current formulation) today for an overcast day.

Hello sweethearts!
    We had some downtime recently but let's hope that everything is fine now and that we won't have another break soon. The weather has changed here, it's quite cold and we have a mix of cloudy sky and sunny sky, in other words - typical Polish weather for summer.

Now I'm heading to the kitchen to bake a lemon cake. Have a good day (even thought it's "unlucky" Friday the 13th)
    - - - - -
    Hi Lucasai! The weather in Europe this year's been strange in general, I think. At least we have a nice one here today in London. Lemon cake sounds real good. Have fun baking!
    Do happy

Quote Originally Posted by ladymurasaki View Post
    Hi Lucasai! The weather in Europe this year's been strange in general, I think. At least we have a nice one here today in London. Lemon cake sounds real good. Have fun baking!
    In the last few years we had the situation that summery weather in temperatures started in mid April or in May and the summer was over in the mid July, but this year we didn't have hot April or May and now we have some mixed conditions. Thanks, the cake is already out of the oven.

Hi everyone. I'm in blissful Sa Majeste La Rose today.

Just read about Chanel's pop-up store in Covent Garden. So looking forward to visiting the store.

Not long before the Olympics. I wasn't all that enthused about it and had nothing planned, but I've been given free tickets for the opening ceremony and a few games. Is anyone going?

Have a great Friday!
    Do happy

LUCASAI: perhaps you'll have better weather in the autumn?
    Do happy

Good morning all. Mure et Mure et Musc et Musc today, DSH Formula X under Mure et Musc Extreme. Nice

Thumbs up Re: SotD Friday, 13th July 2012

samples
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes
    Currently wearing: Pour Un Homme by Caron

Quote Originally Posted by gandhajala View Post
    And we're back! Not synching yet - I'll pull out some vintage treasure tonight. .....

Me too. For now I'm in..

..cuz someone mentioned it a few posts back.

And when you've been here a while? "Downtime" is a way of life. There was even a thread devoted to "What to do when BN is down."
    God bless Grant and his ongoing efforts!!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Not synching yet.

SotM has been the wonderfully ethereal Avignon from a sample which formed part of my first BN care package. I've only ever dabbed it in miniscule amounts previously to eek it out but today I thought blow it and I'm giving it a full wearing, all my work colleagues, young and old love it! One want to wear it as her wedding perfume! I thought it was a perfect church wedding fragrance for the service, maybe not for the reception and wedding night

Quote Originally Posted by Alityke View Post
    Not synching yet.

SotM has been the wonderfully ethereal Avignon from a sample which formed part of my first BN care package. I've only ever dabbed it in miniscule amounts previously to eek it out but today I thought blow it and I'm giving it a full wearing, all my work colleagues, young and old love it! One want to wear it as her wedding perfume! I thought it was a perfect church wedding fragrance for the service, maybe not for the reception and wedding night
    wow, a bride wearing cdg avignon in church???!!! brilliant!!

- - - Updated - - -

Hello sweethearts!

- - - - -

pradaholic
    , this is for you!!

http://www.nstperfume.com/2012/05/23/prada-luna-rossa-new-fragrance/

Basenotes Plus

Hi everyone, so glad we're back!

SOTD is Serge Lutens Gris Clair. Starts out coolly austere, grows gently warm and sensual, a transition I find incredibly appealing.

Happy Friday, all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain
    Currently wearing: Giselle by Carla Fracci

Basenotes Institution

And we're back ! Woo Hoo !!!!!

This humid morning it's Une Fleur de Cassie .Lovely stuff.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

So happy I get to talk with my BN friends this morning! Thought we were in for a long absence this time, glad I was wrong.

Lucasai, yet another hobby we have in common! I love baking, too. Having a craving for lemon cake now!

In sync in vintage Chanel No.22 EDC. I smell great, we all do!
    The nose wants what it wants!

((PerfumedLady)) We've got much more in common than one would expect. Would you like to see the results of my today's baking? Two lovely pieces of lemon cake with different topping are served with tea this evening.

((Danny1967)) Thanks dear I read it the very moment it was published. NST is one of the blog's that I'm up to date with

Allure homme edition blanche

- - - Updated - - -

Allure homme edition blanche
    my current top five (always in transition)

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garçons man 2

Hello, everyone, also not synching yet, but very glad BN is back. I had craving for aldehydes this morning and sampling Calandre given to me by one very kind BNer. I will find something vintage for this evening.

Lucasai, your lemon cake sounds yummy!

PerfumedLady, I see we both had cravings for aldehydes today.

This morning I am waiting for the shop in Oregon to open, because of time difference I have another hour and a half. Fingers crossed they still have Pallida in stock.

Anyone wants a bite? You can chose between the one with almond flakes on top or with raisins

Fahrenheit