Code of Conduct

Default Cuoio Odori does anybody own or smelled?

recently i got this on a trade with my oud 27 100ml the problem is i cant smell this perfume at all and my wife cant smell it either. can anyone else here confirm? it doesnt even last 10 sec. i havent sent my oud 27 to him yet cause he shipped first. i dont know what to do. cause orignally he was suppose to send me dior private collection but he said he lost it in moving. what would you guys do in my situation i have never done trade before on youtube on al channel. thanks

he also sent me
    thierry mugler bmen 95%
    mark birley charles st 50%
    Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin 95%

for inconvience cause he lost the dior bottle.

Sound Scents

Default Re: Cuoio Odori does anybody own or smelled?

I find it a superior leather scent. One of my favorites. I have never had a problem smelling it, however...
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

I never owned a full bottle but I went through a bunch of samples. The fragrance is probably not a butch leather but it's still far from being restrained. Maybe something went wrong with the swap? Maybe you expected something different?....just guessing...

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

I just returned Odori Cuoio (new in the box). I had a great deal on this at $60.00 a bottle so I really tried to keep it. I found it had a great opening. About 10 minutes later it was very faint. To me the scent was very "dry" so it ended as a a skin scent. Tabacco, Iris, and Gli did not fade away, they are great for longevity.

Quote Originally Posted by Next View Post
    I just returned Odori Cuoio (new in the box). I had a great deal on this at $60.00 a bottle so I really tried to keep it. I found it had a great opening. About 10 minutes later it was very faint. To me the scent was very "dry" so it ended as a a skin scent. Tabacco, Iris, and Gli did not fade away, they are great for longevity.
    Doesn't radiate well ? That is too bad, I thought this one sounded good.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Surfacing, I too thought Cuoio and Tabacco would be my preference of the Odori brand. Tabacco is good, really good if you like a dry non-sweet cigar scent, its just not my type. I think both of these are quality base note fragrances. All of the Odori's I tried do not have the alcohol opening of many colognes. Its like they open up with "scents" if that is something that can be understood. So maybe the deal with Cuoio is its dry down blends with skin really well so its does not leap off or burn your nose with bright notes. Tabacco is along the same line where the top notes went away quickly but the base was stronger for sure. In fact, Tabacco is hard to wash off. Its just Cuoio did not work well on me which is too bad based on the reviews I read.

mustafa604, hope B-men works for you. I found it goes away quick, nothing like A-men or Taste of fragrance for longevity.

Quote Originally Posted by Next View Post
    Surfacing, I too thought Cuoio and Tabacco would be my preference of the Odori brand. Tabacco is good, really good if you like a dry non-sweet cigar scent, its just not my type. I think both of these are quality base note fragrances. All of the Odori's I tried do not have the alcohol opening of many colognes. Its like they open up with "scents" if that is something that can be understood. So maybe the deal with Cuoio is its dry down blends with skin really well so its does not leap off or burn your nose with bright notes. Tabacco is along the same line where the top notes went away quickly but the base was stronger for sure. In fact, Tabacco is hard to wash off. Its just Cuoio did not work well on me which is too bad based on the reviews I read.

mustafa604, hope B-men works for you. I found it goes away quick, nothing like A-men or Taste of fragrance for longevity.
    Thanks man. I find tobacco scents kinda tricky. I'm still mixed on Santa Maria Novella's Acqua di Cuba, which is said to be somwhat close to Odori's Tabacco. The SMN is stronger judging by reviews ( it is a really strong scent in my experience).

I also find it interesting that some say Tabacco from Odori smells like pipe tobacco and some say cigar ( both are kinda different to me). The Acqua di Cuba to me is cigar.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

from what I have deducted, you are still new to the world of perfumes, I have bought 2 of it for 220$ each and I don't regret it. I'm curious to try new things, this perfume exudes elegance and grace, the hero of this master piece is leather which is pivoting around other notes to refine this strong ingredient.

With all the respect you seem to have this mentality if the cologne didn't scream your presence or didn't tell your neighbor who lives 5 blocks away that you are wearing a cologne you won't be satisfied. if so you'd better wearing the mediocre LE MALE or sub-mediocre ONE MILLION, I'm sure you will be more than pleased
    Last edited by socalwoman; 29th July 2012 at 09:24 PM. Reason: marketplace rules
    My favorite house is Amouage

I'm new to basenotes but I'm an active member on Fragrantica, Swapped on AL's youtube thread, I have 105 positive feedback on eBay and I have done a lot of swaps on other venues.

I own more than 200 perfumes therefore I couldn't finish my wardrobe, it requires time

feel free to contact me whenever you want

I own it, honestly, the first time I smelled it, I spilled less than 1ml. It stayed on that sweater for a week, and still a bit after a wash. It is very strong. A superb leather indeed! Ill post my review.

One of the worst smelling fragrance I know to date. But that's maybe because I hate leather-based fragrances!
    It reminds me of heavy smoked BBQ leather... Crazy, I know. It's strong and lasted pretty much the whole day when I sampled it.

Could be the weather condition that is causing that poor effect. I have found that this scent does not perform well in the warmer or warming months. Good in fall or winter. Weak lasting power any other time of the year. I liked it for a while but got tired of this scent surprisingly fast. There are "leathers" with more personality out there.