Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Default I reside in the "Mecca" of geekness, nerdom, pocket-protector-land.....you get the idea........

it's SD CA in July and Comic Con is going strong right now.

Any fragrance wearer in here ever purchase a Marvel or DC comic character themed scent or willing to admit that they've tried one that turned out to be good?

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Default Re: I reside in the "Mecca" of geekness, nerdom, pocket-protector-land.....you get the idea........

Ma, Gesù bambino! Who ever heard of such a thing? I think I once found some scent named for Chewbacca or some such character. It was foul, flat, and unimaginative. Maybe that's why it was named after a big, hairy guy who could only communicate by grunts...

Do you have knowledge of specific scents named after comic-book characters? Which ones were they named after, and what did they smell like? Chewbacca, of course, was a figure taken from the cinema, and therefore (in arty terms) a cut above the comic-book crowd...
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

Default Re: I reside in the "Mecca" of geekness, nerdom, pocket-protector-land.....you get the idea........

I've never tried any, but I'd be curious (with low expectations) as to what Incredible Hulk smells like. Maybe it is incredible green!
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Batman is similar to Fahrenheit and cheap to boot.
    You can check out my fragrances at www.garnerjames.com
    While I work on the website, you can email me for any inquiries at james@garnerjames.com

Yep, go to your local Perfumania, and they have a few. I remember there being a Captain America and a Spider Man fragrance. My son, who was 8 at the time, tried them and they had a pretty standard light fruity aquatic sports frag smell to them. Nothing great or horrendous, but I could see why a kid might like them.
    Check out my blog Pour Monsieur, a no-nonsense guide to men's fragrances:
    http://pourmonsieurblog.blogspot.com/

Any fragrance that should not be worn in public, should be worn in public.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

I know for a fact that Sue Richards or Invisible Girl wears something very ethereal & close-wearing like a skin musk. And how would I know this...?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JaimeB View Post
    Ma, Gesù bambino! Who ever heard of such a thing? I think I once found some scent named for Chewbacca or some such character. It was foul, flat, and unimaginative. Maybe that's why it was named after a big, hairy guy who could only communicate by grunts...

Do you have knowledge of specific scents named after comic-book characters? Which ones were they named after, and what did they smell like? Chewbacca, of course, was a figure taken from the cinema, and therefore (in arty terms) a cut above the comic-book crowd...
    I've seen so many, mainly Marvel Comic characters. I'm guessing if you are a die-hard collector that you might purchase one or two to keep in your selection so years down the road you can pull them out and make a comment on this decade and its love affair with comic book heroes.

I would bet "Beast" smells like kouros

Not Marvel Comics, but there are several fragrances related to Star Trek
    Evenstar

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arwen_elf View Post
    Not Marvel Comics, but there are several fragrances related to Star Trek
    I've read about the Star Trek ones! The Red Shirt one garners good reviews.
    sent via commodore 64

*explore your world on a bicycle*

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    I know for a fact that Sue Richards or Invisible Girl wears something very ethereal & close-wearing like a skin musk. And how would I know this...?
    If there really was an Invisible Girl that looked like J. Alba who played her in the movies I think I would definitely pay attention to what she wore.
    sent via commodore 64

I've never actually seen any comic themed fragrances before unless the Star Trek ones count. I have seen Final Fantasy tie in perfumes before on some Asian hobby site, though. Who'd a thunk it?

Quote Originally Posted by odioustoilet View Post
    it's SD CA in July and Comic Con is going strong right now.

Any fragrance wearer in here ever purchase a Marvel or DC comic character themed scent or willing to admit that they've tried one that turned out to be good?
    I haven't tried a Marvel or DC comic one, but I have tried Pokemon Bulbasaurus, thanks to another Basenotes member (who may or may not wish to remain nameless). It was a pleasant citrusy (grapefruit) scent with a vague floral drydown. If you do purchase a Marvel or DC comic character themed scent, please do post a review here!
    [I]"Embrace those things which give you pleasure, after all, there is so much mediocrity to endure elsewhere."[/I] -- [URL="http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?p=1496120#post1496120"]Inselaffe[/URL]

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aiona View Post
    i haven't tried a marvel or dc comic one, but i have tried pokemon bulbasaurus, thanks to another basenotes member (who may or may not wish to remain nameless). It was a pleasant citrusy (grapefruit) scent with a vague floral drydown. If you do purchase a marvel or dc comic character themed scent, please do post a review here!

i second that!!
    sent via commodore 64

Vader has one called Dark Helmut. It is an Aoud-based fragrance with a metallic leather to reflect his combination of metal and leather boots. lol, just kidding.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

And I see your schwartz is as big as mine.
    You can check out my fragrances at www.garnerjames.com
    While I work on the website, you can email me for any inquiries at james@garnerjames.com

Blog Entries

Great thread...as i have been lemming the hello kitty fragrance for a while, i hereby give anyone here permission to purchase these.

Last edited by Fleurine; 25th July 2011 at 01:35 AM.

Dans La Nuit Vers Le Jour Sans Adieu Je Reviens Vers Toi.

Never purchase one of those, but I would love to meet George R.R. Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by monsieur_sparkle View Post
    I've never actually seen any comic themed fragrances before
    Likewise

Not a comic-book character, but the illustrations are charming... Le Petit Prince. There are three scents (two in the BN directory). I own and have reviewed one here:
    http://www.basenotes.net/ID26128705.html
    And own a second one, "Red" which has more citrus and wood notes.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

I've never smelled any character-themed scents either, but I would try the Star Trek ones out of curiosity. I am a big nerdy Trekkie at heart. I imagine a Picard scent would smell like Heritage, and a Kirk scent would smell like Le Dandy.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

I think Captain America opened at the theaters this weekend. Anyone going? If you are wear the cologne !

"There's another old saying, Senator: Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining."

Anyone wearing fragrance to this annual event? The smell of 30,000 bodies in one building makes fragrance essential.

I admit that I bought a Star Trek fragrance for the bottle alone.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by odysseusm View Post
    I've never tried any, but I'd be curious (with low expectations) as to what Incredible Hulk smells like. Maybe it is incredible green!
    I'm sure he smells like the world's worst case of BEE freaking OHH!!! Ewww

Quote Originally Posted by wooznib View Post
    Batman is similar to Fahrenheit and cheap to boot.
    What?! Cheap? Have you seen that dude's car? Or where he lives? He's got cash. And style. I could totally see him wearing Fahrenheit though. Or, are you saying Batman is the name of a Fahrenheit knockoff? Ewww again.