Code of Conduct

Default Vintage Poison, batch codes and bears, oh my! Please confirm or deny my findings...

Long time lurker and first time poster who has been on a vintage Poison bender. I recently bought a few vintage bottles and thought I'd post my findings to see if others can confirm or deny and potentially save others some footwork. And the bigger question I have is if anyone knows up until what year Dior produced the vintage Poison juice w/ the flat bottles b/c it seems it was until at least 2002 but I've seen some knowledgeable sources say the vintage bottles/juice stopped being produced in the 90s.

Based upon the batch codes I've run on the following 2 websites there are some interesting findings where each site is only accurate for certain decades:
    1. http://checkcosmetic.net/ is calculating pre-2000 years, specifically 80s and 90s, Christian Dior codes correctly but not years 2000 and on.
    2. http://cosmeticswizard.net/ is calculating 2000 and on years correctly for Christian Dior codes but not the 80s or 90s.

Here are some known good Poison batch codes I ran on both sites and the dates each gave. All these codes came from flat/vintage bottles too FYI.
    Code/ Check Cos./ Cos. Wizard
    6340T 1987 (says code is wrong) Based on code format and appearance, bottle is from 1987.
    5M128 1995 12/2005 Based on code format and appearance, bottle is from 1995.
    8R241 1998 4/2008 Based on code format and appearance, bottle is from 1998.
    2A01 1/2012 1/2002 Based on code format and appearance, bottle is from 2002.
    2J02 9/2012 9/2002 Based on code format and appearance, bottle is from 2002.
    1K01 10/2011 10/2001 Based on code format and appearance, bottle is from 2001.

Please let me know if this matches your dealings w/ running codes on these sites. And if the above dates are accurate it appears the vintage/flat bottles were produced into 2002 so if anyone can confirm or deny that I'd be much obliged.

One last crazy bonus question for the truly devout ...supposedly for bottles produced in 2000 and later the last 2 digits in the 4 digit code represent where the bottle was made and 01 is France. So for example the 2A01 would be France but that makes me wonder what country 02 might be for the 2J02 please? Any thoughts?

Thank you all for your wonderful previous posts on vintage Poison which lit this fire!

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

'For the Honor of Grayskull!'

I don't trust checkcosmetics.net all that much.
    I've several times just pressed in random codes,
    and sure enough, it comes up with a production
    date. Hmm?!

Default Re: Vintage Poison, batch codes and bears, oh my! Please confirm or deny my findings...

Le Grand Duc! Perhaps the most expert expert on vintage Poison. I love your videos. And yes, for the honor of Grayskull not by the power for that was He-Man. But Skeletor....now he should have gotten his own show. Might have worn Poison in his day I'd imagine. But I digress.

One question for you regarding the parfum please. I remember the gift with purchase esprit de parfums really well but no recollection of the parfum. Was wondering how you think it compares to the esprit de parfum? Also was it released just in the GWP bottles do you happen to know? I have a mini coming in the mail from Ebay and I can't hardly wait. The full-size bottles to the best of my memory and recent research seem to only have been the esprit de parfum, EDT and EDC.

Default Re: Vintage Poison, batch codes and bears, oh my! Please confirm or deny my findings...

hmm interesting however I can't work out what year my bottle is. It was given me, second hand, on the bottom of the flat oval bottle it has 6183R etched into the glass, and on the cardboard box is has 4046183R0002. The bottle is a non spray edt and has a sortof soft ridge detailing , four of them to be exact on a slight angle

- - - Updated - - -

I'll just add that not only those two numbers but on the side of the box there's REF 6302 which i suppose is a reference number. Also the address on the box says 30 avenue Hoche, paris.

Quote Originally Posted by She-Ra View Post
    6340T 1987 (says code is wrong) Based on code format and appearance, bottle is from 1987.
    How do you know it is from 1987? I have a bottle of poison with this code: 7746H and i don't know it's year.
    I put it in the 2 sites and it says code is wrong.
    Can you please help me with this batch code?

Thanks in advance