Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Just Starting Out Sponsor
    Banned

Default Re: La myrrhe, serge lutens , your opinion about this fragance.is it a must have or not..?

the best aldehydic scent to me!!..its a must have for me!, i would now swap my chanel no 22 for the bottle of this one!

what i dont like in no 22 i have here- aldehyds come from natural stuff: resinous myhrre, its sweet just enough to be sensual but not overpowering, and not that powdery from iris , and what i miss in no 5 i have here, thats the richness, and sweetness!

i thank Cacio for showing me 2 best Serge Lutens scents there are! This one and Sarrasins, i am overexcited! they are beyond my expectations .

Default Re: La myrrhe, serge lutens , your opinion about this fragance.is it a must have or not..?

iivanita, coincidentally I wore it yesterday as my SotD.

What a great perfume. So complex yet elegant in execution.
    for swap/sale:

I was so sad when it did not get released into the export range this year.

We got the travel set of either Ambre Sultan or Feminite du Bois
    DONNA

Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    I was so sad when it did not get released into the export range this year.

We got the travel set of either Ambre Sultan or Feminite du Bois
    ???????????????????????

what! have they announced with one is released this year?
    for swap/sale:

I'll be picking up a jar of La Myrrhe in Paris in December - it's been on my wish list for a while. The first review I wrote on it, I couldn't figure the fragrance out at all, I revisited it a few months back where I fell in love with it after I broke it down much more.

Frag Bomb Squadron XIII

Quote Originally Posted by forfreddie View Post
    I'll be picking up a jar of La Myrrhe in Paris in December.
    How I envy you. But do let us know if it is safe from the much-dreaded 'reformulation'.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    How I envy you. But do let us know if it is safe from the much-dreaded 'reformulation'.

Will do - I'll take my samples with me to compare :P I hope none of the others I want have gone through the change D:

Power Where You Need It

Quote Originally Posted by forfreddie View Post
    Will do - I'll take my samples with me to compare :P I hope none of the others I want have gone through the change D:
    Are you planning to do a side-by-side test inside the Palais Royal boutique? I'd love to see the Lutens's infamous zombie SAs' faces!

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Basenotes Plus

Interesting....the people who like this fragrance LOVE it!
    I have to get my hands on this, but how...
    Perhaps I really have to make a trip to Paris.
    * Serge Lutens rules *
    Fille en Aiguilles & Gris Clair & Fleurs d'Oranger & Tubereuse Criminelle & Sarrasins & Fumerie Turque & A la Nuit & Santal Majuscule & Sa Majeste la Rose & Five O'Clock Au Gingembre

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    Are you planning to do a side-by-side test inside the Palais Royal boutique? I'd love to see the Lutens's infamous zombie SAs' faces!
    LOL! No not a chance, I'll be terrified enough in there as it is. I'll be sure to have a smidge on my hand when I enter, as if it's the same, it'll be my first choice. ISM the next - and if I can afford it may pick up another whilst I'm there, we'll see :P

Banned

omg...this creamy and sweet drydown is like perfect sandalwood scent to me. i so much want to try real sandalwood to compare it...but now i know why i like it so much becasue i love sandalwood....
    the opening is aldehydic but not in a way Chanel 22 is, i like it to compare to Chanel 22 rather then no5, becasue its more sweet....but this aldehydic opening doesnt last too long on me , only 30 mins or so..then it goes into beautiful bitter sweet harmony, and all smells very natural, dense and not loud like chanel 22 and then this sandalwood drydown goes on for ever its very feminine scent and i think one of the best from SL, very wearable and longlasting...

this one should be characterized more as sandalwood then aldehyidic scent...becasue to my nose thats the most prominent note most of the time

perfect, but i can understand why men maybe can not appreciate it enough

I got a 5ml from overseas at a decent price (under $40.) I did not like it at all, I love Cergui and Filles and even some myrrhe fragrances (Slumberhouse Rume.) This one is just way too much for me, too many aldehydes, too much myrrhe and too feminine. I'm very glad to have tested this first, I will not even be giving this one a second wear.

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    See...polarizing

Banned

I thought this one was awful. Thirty minutes and I was scrubbing.

Sniffed it again today, from the bottle thankfully...It actually smells just like the color, a urinal cake (obviously without the urine.) Not sure if anyone else experienced that as well, I just can't get over it. So glad I didn't invest more than I already did. Wish I could throw it on eBay but they don't allow you to sell decanted juice.

Quote Originally Posted by Awakening950 View Post
    I thought this one was awful. Thirty minutes and I was scrubbing.

Got a 10-15 ML decant a few months ago...pass. The same things go for Iris Silver Mist overwhelming/sharp scents. Both smells similar to old ladies perfume, stinky/can't breathe perfume.

I would recommend getting a sample and trying it.

I am one of the people who like this fragrance but don't love it. The aldehydes are beautiful, but the dry-down is so-so on me. It is sweeter than I expected it to be, and it is also a very calm scent. The beginning, because of the aldehydes, seems similar to Chanel 5, but in La Myrrhe, that very specific myrrh note colors everything in dark-golden nuances. It has a vaguely soapy, sweet dry-down on me. I agree it is a smooth scent.

If you are interested in myrrh, check also Guerlain Myrhhe et Delires while you are sampling. It is more vibrant to my nose.

If interested, I have a 5ml decant...it's collecting dust in a cool dry place

Quote Originally Posted by catnip_too View Post
    I would recommend getting a sample and trying it.

I am one of the people who like this fragrance but don't love it. The aldehydes are beautiful, but the dry-down is so-so on me. It is sweeter than I expected it to be, and it is also a very calm scent. The beginning, because of the aldehydes, seems similar to Chanel 5, but in La Myrrhe, that very specific myrrh note colors everything in dark-golden nuances. It has a vaguely soapy, sweet dry-down on me. I agree it is a smooth scent.

If you are interested in myrrh, check also Guerlain Myrhhe et Delires while you are sampling. It is more vibrant to my nose.