Code of Conduct

Default Looking for a 'Signature' Scent

Having gone through the forums reading so much and having purchased my fair share of colognes, I've noticed that people tend to ask about colognes by occasion or season, whatever best suits the situation, and usually people shop for those same purposes. To suit a specific situation/occasion.

I'm looking for my 'signature' scent. Something versatile that I can wear any season, in (almost) any temperature, at anytime of the day and for any occasion (with the exception of very formal events). Most colognes I have I associate with a specific occasion or season, and have a hard time wearing it outside of that situation.

Do you guys have any suggestions for signature scents? Something very versatile that you can wear anytime.

So far (from what I've properly tested), I'm leaning towards Diesel's Fuel for Life. I just love it, though it has slightly weak longevity. I guess I'll have a better idea once I receive and finish my 20-30 samples coming in..but, I thought I'd ask anyway

Banned

Default Re: Looking for a 'Signature' Scent

Try:

A*Men Le Gout du Parfum/Taste of Fragrance (Pure Chili) - Here is a flanker to the original A*Men, wherein an enhancer, in this case chili or red pepper concentrate, is added to the mix to exalt the original's notes, to wit, the versatility of the patchouli and the richness of the coffee. I might add that it is done superbly.
    Initially, one is treated to a somewhat mellow, yet familiar, cherry-vanillic, medicinal scent from the interplay of bittersweet bergamot, refreshing spearmint, fresh lavender, the nutty woodiness of coriander and magical, creamy tonka bean. A warm and smooth spiciness from the chili/red pepper showers the melange with its facets. Transitioning to the heart, aromatic patchouli releases its sweetish cocoa character, commingling with the tart fruitiness of pink pepper, as well as the creamy and sweet woodiness of Virginia cedar. Resultantly, a lovely, bittersweet chocolate plays with the spiciness of the chili/red pepper. A faint undercurrent of coffee brews and carries the melange to the base. Here, the rich, roasted coffee comes into its own and combines with the mystical, sweetly woody vanilla, capturing an extraordinary, cafe mocha aura, while a faint soapiness of musk flitters about. An alluring drydown ensues. This unique and masculine scent have average projection, 2-hour scent cloud, then becoming a skin scent, and average, 7-8 hours, longevity. A truly distinctive composition that can be enjoyed all year round.

There are too many versatile fragrances to mention. You have to narrow the criteria. What do you like - fresh, aquatic, woody, oriental, spicy, sweet, herbal, dry?

Chanel Sycamore

I might pick up DHS as my signature once I can compare the new formulation to the old

Terre D'Hermes EDP

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Terre D'Hermes EDP
    Yes, this. Another vote for Terre d'Hermès Parfum. It's the only fragrance so far I have worn for a long while consecutively. The only thing that prevented it from becoming my "signature scent" is that this whole scent-world is just too rich for me to be experienced in self-chosen limits.

Find something you really like and buy a big bottle of it.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

34 Boulevard Saint GermaiN

Resins, floral, herbs and spice.

for swap/sale:

CH Men.

+1 A*Men Taste of Fragrance
    +1 Terre d'Hermes

Also I highly recommend:

Gucci PH II
    Fahrenheit Absolute
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus
    4. Creed Millesime Imperial
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

Diesel Fuel For Life is anything but weak to me. I smell it on guys all the time, and I've started noticing a trend where guys overapply like crazy. Also if you want something that works in any season, FFL might not be it. It's not really a summer scent, gets wicked cloying on hot days.

I guess you could always get a summer flanker though, they're fairly similar to the original but less overbearing in the summer.