Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Sur la Plage

Default New Fragrance: Armani Code Ultimate

From fragrantica.com:

Amani prepared the launch of a new men's fragrance from the Code line for fall 2012, which bears the name of Armani Code Ultimate. The new edition aims to be more intense, sensual and luxurious than its predecessor.

The composition is signed by Antoine Maisondieu of Givaudan. Fresh and energetic cocktail of grapefruit, mandarin and star anise welcomes you at the opening. Cedar, cypress and olive blossom in the heart and are accentuated with heliotrope accords. The base notes include guaiac wood, tonka bean and vanilla.

The fragrance is available as 50 and 75 ml Eau de Toilette.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Default Re: New Fragrance: Armani Code Ultimate

How many is this now?

Armani Code
    Armani Code Summer
    Armani Code Sport
    Armani Code Sport Athlete
    Armani Code Ultimate

3 of those in the past couple of years as well.

I love the original code and feel it has more than enough projection and longevity. "More intense" actually sounds a little scary to me .. but I will try it.

Will also try it when I cross paths with it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    How many is this now?

Armani Code
    Armani Code Summer
    Armani Code Sport
    Armani Code Ultimate

Yeah, let's hope they are serious with "ultimate". :-)

Kind of interested to try this out

Pass...

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Basenotes Plus

^^^^ What alfarom said.

We all know nothing intense every comes from Armani. Look at the Aqua Di Gio Essenza and that was considered an intense parfume!

I'll pass and just wait for Armani Black Code Ultimate Summer Sport.

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    Pass...
    Is there room in that crowded elevator for me?

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Proceed with Caution grasshopper.

Quote Originally Posted by andylama View Post
    Im getting on too. Hopefully Keanu Reeves will save us if we start to fall to our doom.

Well, I wanna try it! Armani Code, more intense? I am totally down for that! Bring it on! And yes, what Candide said, I hope they are serious with 'ultimate'!
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    Pass...
    This ^^

I will try. All the code flankers have been underwhelming thus far though, so it's not promising. However, I have to say that from that notes list I can't help but getting a bit excited - star anis, cypress, guaiac wood and tonka bean! A bit scared of the heliotrope and vanilla though.. I have a feeling this one may turn out to be too sweet.

Default Love Armani

The rest of the Armani Code's have worked great for me. Can't wait to try this one.

Can't wait to sample.....Gary

Dependent

I would only trythis because of heliotrope!
    Current Top 5:
    1. Frederic Malle L'eau d'Hiver
    2. Tom Ford Noir de Noir
    3. Dior Homme / Dior Homme Intense
    4. Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Havane / Pure Malt
    5. Creed Aventus / Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

Wax on wax off
    My current obsessions for now
    Oud Wood , Noir de Noir , DHI , Mugler Cologne , Bond No.9 Bleeker St. ,
    Ramone Monegal Agar Musk & Umbra , Chanel Coromondel ,

I would like to sample, the original smells good in my opinion, mediocre but good.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    How many is this now?

Armani Code
    Armani Code Summer
    Armani Code Sport
    Armani Code Ultimate

I've actually been confusing them on the counter at Macy's. I think there were 3 kinds together just recently.

Quote Originally Posted by ziffy321 View Post
    I love the original code and feel it has more than enough projection and longevity. "More intense" actually sounds a little scary to me .. but I will try it.
    Makes me wonder if this is just "EDP without using the deadly 'parfum' word that gives men cooties".

Quote Originally Posted by Candide View Post
    Yeah, let's hope they are serious with "ultimate". :-)
    LOL! Of course, they would never deceive us about such a thing. Never!

Quote Originally Posted by andylama View Post
    Going......DOWN.......

Quote Originally Posted by senore01 View Post
    LOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jamwires View Post
    Im getting on too. Hopefully Keanu Reeves will save us if we start to fall to our doom.
    Doom is right. I'm such a chump for these guys. "OMG! Slightly more guaiac wood! BUY!!!"

I heard the final and best Code flanker will be called Armani Code Emporio Diamonds Emeralds Rubies Gold Platinum Profit Margin Tax Shelter Remix Intense for Him, so I'm just going to wait for that one, if this rumor is true.
    Last edited by Bigsly; 17th July 2012 at 02:12 AM.

Thing is, Maisondeau is an awesome perfumer (Hinoki, 7 de Loewe, Burberry London, Monocle Laurel, some Etat's...). And the original Code + Heliotrope? That does sound good. More mens scents with heliotrope is a good thing, and I'm surprised to see many of the veterans knocking this so soon. Armani may tend to play it safe, but most of their scents are damn polished, and, quite simply, damn pleasant.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

The only good designer that's been made as of late is Spicebomb, the rest have been garbage. I'm not writing this off but when I try it I won't have high hopes.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    Thing is, Maisondeau is an awesome perfumer (Hinoki, 7 de Loewe, Burberry London, Monocle Laurel, some Etat's...). And the original Code + Heliotrope? That does sound good. More mens scents with heliotrope is a good thing, and I'm surprised to see many of the veterans knocking this so soon. Armani may tend to play it safe, but most of their scents are damn polished, and, quite simply, damn pleasant.
    Do you know who reworked it for the Sport flanker? I'm really starting to fall for that one. All the other Sport flankers this year are so anemic, but that one actually has some decent projection and a very pleasant, powdery citrus accord.

Hey RP,

Jacques Cavallier signed his name to sport. I revisited that not too long ago and whatever chemical bothered me before no longer does. It's actually a pretty interesting scent and I'm going to have to get myself a sample one of these days.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

will check it out, but not expecting much from it

I look forward to giving this a test run! Love the original!

Agree! I enjoy most of their offerings and wear and enjoy the much hated on Mania quite often...well done cedar and musk perfect for button down and work.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Looking forward to try this.

Banned

Armani Code/Black Code by Giorgio Armani left much to be desired relative to its longevity and projection. Have to see if that is still the case.

Thanks for the heads up.

I'd bet my 2 cents on that "Ultimate" is new marketing trend like "fresh", "sport", "blue" and "black" a while before.
    I'm really looking forward to take a sniff of Dior Homme Limitless, Gucci Guilty For A Lifetime, CK Eternity Is Not Enough For Men etc.
    Armani Code Emporio Diamonds Emeralds Rubies Gold Platinum Profit Margin Tax Shelter Remix Intense for Him
    Good one, Bigsly

I never understood Armani Code's popularity in the first place. I was testing fragrances with my roommate and he said that Code smelled like furniture polish to him..as for me, I never liked the smell my self..dried soda on a rug mixed with a cheap body wash.
    Ultimate though sounds interesting so i will give it a try.

Blog Entries

Hey RP,

Jacques Cavallier signed his name to sport. I revisited that not too long ago and whatever chemical bothered me before no longer does. It's actually a pretty interesting scent and I'm going to have to get myself a sample one of these days.
    Thanks, SOS!

That's a dependable name for me. And - strangely - what happened to you happened to me. When it first hit the counters, I was not even impressed. Minor annoyance was all - it merely validated the original for me. But when I smelled it this year - BAM - lovin' it. Makes me wonder if they did a quickie fix when it came back out this summer. There's a lot more latitude to do that on yearly summer scents, but maybe it applies to sports, too. It's not like the vintage-loving noses are going to notice......

Banned
    Blog Entries

I am interested. Armani Code is somewhere deep down on my "to buy" list. Maybe if this flanker does a better job, I might get this one instead.

Just for the record: Maisondeau, who is doing this flanker, was also responsible for the original, although for the original he collaborated with Antoine Lie.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

Quote Originally Posted by mt219 View Post
    will check it out, but not expecting much from it
    Same here

I occasionally wear Code (mine is the original "Black Code" bottle). Judging from the comparison of notes, I think Ultimate might be slightly fruitier but lighter than Code. I do find a certain heaviness to Code, especially an hour or more in, but the addition or emphasis of grapefruit and mandarin (rather than the former bergamot and lemon) might lend a "rounder" fruit note, while the cypress might give it a more arid green wood note. Just my take...I guess we'll see.

Just for the record: Maisondeau, who is doing this flanker, was also responsible for the original, although for the original he collaborated with Antoine Lie.
    Maisondeau also had his fingers, (nose) in the fabulous Burberry London. There could be hope!

I'm surprised to see many of the veterans knocking this so soon.
    Seriously?

I was reading a 3 page thread the other day, and nearly half the posts were knocking THE NAME of a "soon-to-be-released" fragrance! THE NAME!

I was also at another online fragrance community yesterday and they had 5 "Dislikes" for the new Tom Ford Noir - a fragrance that hasn't even been released yet!

So no....nothing that people write or attitude that they express in these online fragrance communities surprises me much these days......

Just got a preview of the ads for this and it says " a stronger more sensual version of Armani code man with increased leather notes". I'm not seeing the leather, or is that in the guaiac wood? Prices are $84 for the 2.5 oz and $66 for the 1.7 oz
    -Cologne is the only fashionable thing that fits me! (Me, circa 1997-present)
    http://www.youtube.com/860cologne

Guaiac wood is indeed often used as a leathery note (it is smoky/creamy/woody) and also often augments tea notes, and rose notes.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

Look forward to trying this one out. I never thought the original was long lasting enough. Or, it wore too close to the skin after a couple of hours. Hope this one is better.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

The more I think about this scent, the more I get excited. Going for a grapefruit/orange angle instead of the lemon will indeed make it a bit more sensual. I hope they ramp up the guaiac/leather notes to offset the added sweetness (and sensuality) of heliotrope. A smoky heliotrope/guaiac/vanilla base would be awesome. I can't wait to see how the olive blossom (which is an awesome floral note and probably the key element that made the original so nice) pairs with the heliotrope.

The only problem the original had, imo, was a tad too much tonka - or at least not enough woods to balance it out. I really hope they get the balance right on this, because I've never seen heliotrope AND guaiac wood (two of my favorite notes, ever) in the same scent before.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

Just got this in the store today. As advertised it is code with some leather. It's not a high end leather, but decent for designer frags. The opening is the typical code opening (which I don't care for that much) then the leather makes itself known.
    I'm a little concerned about projection and longevity but I have just tried it for about an hour while spraying other things for customers, so I will have to test it at home.

I think it will be a nice addition to the fall/winter designer line and will do well.

SteelerOpera - thanks for the update! Did you get any of the heliotrope (vanilla/cherry pie/lilac) note?)

Also, how does the sweetness compare to the original? Does this one feel more overtly sexy than the original? Any more thoughts and updates appreciated, as I'm super excited to smell this.

Also, when does it actually hit the shelves in your store?
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

Kind of off topic: but how do people get to try these before they come out? I'm in Denver, which I know is not exactly a fragrance hot spot, but we don't seem to get anything here until they are actually for sale. (As for niche...the only thing we have is Creed and a couple Tom Ford's so I won't even bother with that market...lol).
    Looking to swap…look for my thread on the trade page. May be interested in buying Amouage. Having fun with shower gels. If you want to get rid of yours or swap for frags, give me a shout!

It's on the shelf now at my store and I think it's exclusive to Macy's for right now. Will let u know more about the notes after I give it a proper wearing. If your interested in getting a bottle now u can go to the Macy's website, it should be there. Or if ur so bold pm me and u can call me at the store ( not soliciting, I know sometimes new items are not put in the website but are available in the store)

Thanks for the update would like to hear more after your proper wearing

I am excited about this for sure!!!
    Gary

I have it in hand reminds me of flowerbomb's woody sweet down dry. Very long lasting on my skin

I'll try it.

I like the concept of the original Code, though there are better choices in this same style. i.e., Roberto Cavalli Black.
    Snarky is as snarky does.

OK, after I have worn this a few times I can 2nd what scentimus said, it last for a VERY long time on the skin. In fact the next day after a shower I can still sense it on my arm, though it remains very close to the skin. The projection confuses me, it wasn't that noticeable to me except when I would get a whiff of it when I moved a certain way, but I received MANY compliments on it from those around me.
    I do like it, but my main problem with it is the price. $84 for a 2.5 oz bottle of designer juice is absurd IMO. To put that in perspective a 3.4 oz/100ml bottle would cost $114.
    I sometimes rate frags by how much I would pay for them (LOVE IT - I'd pay full price; LIKE it A LOT - I'd buy with a small discount; Like it so-so - I'd buy with a large discount; if it's just OK- it needs to be free and if it's below that I either won't take it or I will just give it to a friend) and I think I would only buy this if I got a large discount. Last year for our holiday discount we were able to get 50% off frags in the store and if that happens again I might get this one. I still have to wear it on a cool or rainy day so maybe that will change my opinion. It's a neat entry and hopefully other designers will put out some more leather/smokey frags in the future

Basenotes Junkie

Actually, it doesn't sound hideous based on notes, but I just have too much at the moment to bother with this.

Just received my bottle today in the mail from the Macy's website. Most people disagree, but I get very good sillage from the original Code. This one, not so much. Stays close to the skin but appears to last a very long time. First impressions are that it's a toned down version of the original but I'm also getting a bit of Attitude Extreme. I'm really liking this and think it would be a great office scent or for an intimate evening. A bit overpriced but a good addition to my collection.

Lost interest in the Code line after realizing they made both a sport, and sport athlete..

Quote Originally Posted by senore01 View Post
    lol
    John aka Easykiller

Didn't think it was out in the UK for a good while yet. But ended up finding it in stock here. http://www.thefragranceshop.co.uk/p4...5ml-Spray.html

Sur la Plage

I am not a fan of any Armani Code fragrance, and after trying this one today, I can continue to say so. I certainly do not get any leather from it - pleather maybe.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread