Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 36 of 36
  1. #1

    Default NEW! Tom Ford Noir for men!

    I'm really excited! It's on fragrance.org and I think these are the notes:
    Top notes: Italian bergamot, verbena, caraway, baie rose, violet flower

    Heart notes: black pepper, nutmeg, Tuscan Iris resisn, Egyptian Geranium, Bulgarian Rose, Clary Sage

    Base notes: Opoponax, amber, Indonesian patchouli, vetiver, civet, vanilla

  2. #2
    Moderator

    Redneck Perfumisto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Spiritually, Kansas
    Posts
    13,298
    Blog Entries
    37

    Default Re: NEW! Tom Ford Noir for men!

    * * * *

  3. #3

    Default Re: NEW! Tom Ford Noir for men!

    I'm interested. I hope I like it better than his other non-Private Collection releases, but I'm not holding my breath.
    My Top Ten:

    1: Guerlain - Habit Rouge
    2: Guerlain - Jicky
    3: Guerlain - Mouchoir de Monsieur
    4: Guerlain - Shalimar
    5: Knize - Knize Ten
    6: Caron - Yatagan
    7: Caron - Pour Un Homme
    8: Jean Desprez - Bal a Versailles
    9: Yves Saint Laurent - M7
    10: Salvador Dali - Dali Pour Homme

  4. #4

    Default Re: NEW! Tom Ford Noir for men!

    Oh, Brother. Dig the Add Look: Not to be outdone, he's now wearing "Clever Facial Hair." I guess he's finally figured out that everyone has noticed he's squeezed every drop he could out of the mid to late Seventies--so now he's attacking the Nineties. What next? I wonder if he'll go matte now and start powdering, as opposed to rubbing vaseline all over his chest hair?
    "...a Chacun son Mauvais Gout."

  5. #5

    Default Re: NEW! Tom Ford Noir for men!

    Whoa. Add me to the interested list too. That sounds like it could be fantastic. Tom Ford? Violet? Noir? Yup, I'm interested.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by le mouchoir de monsieur View Post
    Oh, Brother. Dig the Add Look: Not to be outdone, he's now wearing "Clever Facial Hair." I guess he's finally figured out that everyone has noticed he's squeezed every drop he could out of the mid to late Seventies--so now he's attacking the Nineties. What next? I wonder if he'll go matte now and start powdering, as opposed to rubbing vaseline all over his chest hair?
    Yeah. But then again, ads for frags are almost universally ridiculous.

  6. #6
    Moderator

    Redneck Perfumisto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Spiritually, Kansas
    Posts
    13,298
    Blog Entries
    37

    Default Re: NEW! Tom Ford Noir for men!

    Quote Originally Posted by le mouchoir de monsieur View Post
    Oh, Brother. Dig the Add Look: Not to be outdone, he's now wearing "Clever Facial Hair." ...
    LOL

    Yeah, I noticed that, too. The photo of the photo was a bit unkind, and with my bad vision and my glasses off, it jumped out at me with a sort of "cheap glue-on Shakespearean theater beard" look - one that I do not normally associate with Tom Ford - to say the least!

    However, putting on my glasses and squinting a bit, it did indeed look both natural and rather studly. I may have to put duct tape on my beard trimmer height attachment to get it working again for the fall fragrance season. Which is not to say that mine would actually be anywhere near noir.
    * * * *

  7. #7

    Default Re: NEW! Tom Ford Noir for men!

    This sounds like Tom's Serge Noire.

  8. #8

    Default Re: NEW! Tom Ford Noir for men!

    Looking at the notes it seems this is a busy, complex fragrance. Can't wait to try it

  9. #9
    Super Member mt219's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Rochester Hills, Michigan
    Posts
    150

    Default Re: NEW! Tom Ford Noir for men!

    i'm kind of excited. just got to test out tobacco vanille, tuscan leather, and noir de noir, so i'm expecting good things

  10. #10

    Default Re: NEW! Tom Ford Noir for men!

    Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    From the article:

    "If I have once cirticism it’s that Noir doesn’t last quite as long as I’d like but, in the grand scheme of things that’s a minor quibble."
    So longevity issues is a "minor quibble" to the author of this review?!?!? I hate to tell him/her.....but that would be a pretty major one to me. Especially considering the prices for Tom Ford fragrances. Longevity (or lack there of) issues is one reason that Tom Ford for Men (the original) is not part of my collection.....

  11. #11

    Default Re: NEW! Tom Ford Noir for men!

    Civet! This looks good

  12. #12
    Dependent hobbes22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    San Francisco CA
    Posts
    1,411

    Default Re: NEW! Tom Ford Noir for men!

    Does anyone else think the bottle looks like a black Gucci pour Homme I, which was released while Tom Ford was in charge at Gucci?

  13. #13

    Default Re: NEW! Tom Ford Noir for men!

    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes22 View Post
    Does anyone else think the bottle looks like a black Gucci pour Homme I, which was released while Tom Ford was in charge at Gucci?
    First thing I noticed. Then I noticed Tom's Lemmy (from Motorhead) style facial hair. As for the frag, I don't like hearing about longevity issues this early in the game and I'm not thrilled by rose, but I'm trying to keep an open mind.

  14. #14

    Default Re: NEW! Tom Ford Noir for men!

    Can't wait!

  15. #15
    Dependent Davem81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Midlands
    Posts
    1,214

    Default Re: NEW! Tom Ford Noir for men!

    Very much looking forward to most probably expanding my TF collection still further!

  16. #16
    Dependent
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,120

    Default Re: NEW! Tom Ford Noir for men!

    Now that sounds exciting!!!
    Current Top 5:
    1. Frederic Malle L'eau d'Hiver
    2. Tom Ford Noir de Noir
    3. Dior Homme / Dior Homme Intense
    4. Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Havane / Pure Malt
    5. Creed Aventus / Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

  17. #17
    Dependent Davem81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Midlands
    Posts
    1,214

    Default Re: NEW! Tom Ford Noir for men!

    Quote Originally Posted by teemas View Post
    Now that sounds exciting!!!
    Sure does! I'm even more excited after reading the review - ranking it ahead of Grey Vetiver is high praise in my book. Liking the look of the bottle too. Pencilling in a trip to Harrods in October!

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    6,676

    Default Re: NEW! Tom Ford Noir for men!

    Thanks for the heads up.

    I would say, cautiously, that it appears to hold promise.

  19. #19

    Default Re: NEW! Tom Ford Noir for men!

    Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    I'm always interested in a new Tom Ford Fragrance for men as they are usually of good quality.

    What made me laugh in the above review is what he says at the end of the review:

    "Certainly, Ford has yet to come up with a duff fragrance, something few of his contemporaries can claim."

  20. #20

    Default Re: NEW! Tom Ford Noir for men!

    Is it only available in 50ml like TF Extreme then?

    Edit - And damn I wish these companies would stop using the word 'addicting' in their advertising speil. Its not even a word.
    Last edited by Kron; 17th July 2012 at 12:01 PM.

  21. #21
    Dependent mesaboogie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Los Anchorage, AK
    Posts
    2,928

    Default Re: NEW! Tom Ford Noir for men!

    They had me at "Eau de Parfum". I'm in for a bottle.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

    Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

  22. #22

    Default Re: NEW! Tom Ford Noir for men!

    Is that an LP or an EP in the picture with the bearded stud?
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

  23. #23

    Default Re: NEW! Tom Ford Noir for men!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kron View Post
    Is it only available in 50ml like TF Extreme then?

    Edit - And damn I wish these companies would stop using the word 'addicting' in their advertising speil. Its not even a word.
    Apparently it is only available in 50ml bottles for 60 avaliable in October this year.

  24. #24
    Moderator

    Redneck Perfumisto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Spiritually, Kansas
    Posts
    13,298
    Blog Entries
    37

    Default Re: NEW! Tom Ford Noir for men!

    Quote Originally Posted by SportsFan View Post
    So longevity issues is a "minor quibble" to the author of this review?!?!? I hate to tell him/her.....but that would be a pretty major one to me. Especially considering the prices for Tom Ford fragrances. Longevity (or lack there of) issues is one reason that Tom Ford for Men (the original) is not part of my collection.....
    Yeah, that had me worried for his sake. I'm not bothered by anything but the worst longevity - but I'm not typical (I have many light citrus scents, where longevity is not expected or even a telltale sign of lingering synthetics - I'm used to refreshing my frag).

    Quote Originally Posted by vinramani09 View Post
    Civet! This looks good
    Definitely. Tom Ford does his greatest work with complex scents, IMO - and this one looks complex.

    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes22 View Post
    Does anyone else think the bottle looks like a black Gucci pour Homme I, which was released while Tom Ford was in charge at Gucci?


    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Beast View Post
    First thing I noticed. Then I noticed Tom's Lemmy (from Motorhead) style facial hair. As for the frag, I don't like hearing about longevity issues this early in the game and I'm not thrilled by rose, but I'm trying to keep an open mind.
    That's it - I'm buying. Even the most tangential relationship to Lemmy deserves respect.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    I'm always interested in a new Tom Ford Fragrance for men as they are usually of good quality.

    What made me laugh in the above review is what he says at the end of the review:

    "Certainly, Ford has yet to come up with a duff fragrance, something few of his contemporaries can claim."
    LMAO

    I missed that the first time!

    Quote Originally Posted by mesaboogie View Post
    They had me at "Eau de Parfum". I'm in for a bottle.
    EDP - TOTALLY!

    Quote Originally Posted by LloydLlewellyn View Post
    Is that an LP or an EP in the picture with the bearded stud?
    LOL! I kinda hoped it was, too, but it's probably just the Macy's mailer insert for the frag.

    There you go - hint to TF: make it a CD or DVD promo of the amazing ad that you're going to release for this sucker!
    * * * *

  25. #25

    Default Re: NEW! Tom Ford Noir for men!

    Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post

    LOL! I kinda hoped it was, too, but it's probably just the Macy's mailer insert for the frag.

    There you go - hint to TF: make it a CD or DVD promo of the amazing ad that you're going to release for this sucker!
    What would be on it? My guess is some not-quite-hip-anymore electroclash...
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

  26. #26
    Moderator

    Redneck Perfumisto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Spiritually, Kansas
    Posts
    13,298
    Blog Entries
    37

    Default Re: NEW! Tom Ford Noir for men!

    Quote Originally Posted by LloydLlewellyn View Post
    What would be on it? My guess is some not-quite-hip-anymore electroclash...
    LOL! Hey - maybe its just "vintage"!
    * * * *

  27. #27

    Default Re: NEW! Tom Ford Noir for men!

    Except for civet, excellent notes! Verbena should be more used in perfumery.

  28. #28
    Dependent Pegasus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,041

    Default Re: NEW! Tom Ford Noir for men!

    Very interesting! can't wait to try it.

  29. #29

    Default Re: NEW! Tom Ford Noir for men!

    when is this comming to town? (United Kingdom is where town is )

  30. #30

    Default Re: NEW! Tom Ford Noir for men!

    I would love to try this out when I get the chance.

    But I am not too crazy about the name. I don't want to be negative here, but I just find it can ....or will...confuse people because there already is a Noir de Noir ( albeit in the Private Line). I just don't like confusion. I remember when I first started to get serious about fragrances and how confused I was ( and how I got names mixed up...etc)
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

    Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

    More HERE
    Please PM me !

  31. #31
    Dependent heperd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Austin Texas
    Posts
    4,806

    Default Re: NEW! Tom Ford Noir for men!

    Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    I would love to try this out when I get the chance.

    But I am not too crazy about the name. I don't want to be negative here, but I just find it can ....or will...confuse people because there already is a Noir de Noir ( albeit in the Private Line). I just don't like confusion. I remember when I first started to get serious about fragrances and how confused I was ( and how I got names mixed up...etc)
    Dont think so because this will be in Sephora and many other stores that dont have the PBs.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

    *BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

  32. #32

    Default Re: NEW! Tom Ford Noir for men!

    Civet? ugh I really hope this doesn't come out as aggressive as some other civet fragrances

  33. #33

    Default Re: NEW! Tom Ford Noir for men!

    When I sampled, it didn't. It was quite heavy on patchouli to me, seemed more leathery up top.
    Splits!

    Roja Amber Aoud & Tom Ford Tobacco Oud --------> http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...d-Fleur-splits

  34. #34
    Sur la Plage

    petruccijc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Clearwater Beach, Florida
    Posts
    17,010

    Default Re: NEW! Tom Ford Noir for men!

    Quote Originally Posted by fitch256 View Post
    When I sampled, it didn't. It was quite heavy on patchouli to me, seemed more leathery up top.
    I agree. I got a lot of patchouli out of it. I also got a little bit of the turpentine note that is in Tom Ford Extreme.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

  35. #35

    Default Re: NEW! Tom Ford Noir for men!

    Really interesting. Looking forward to trying it out.

  36. #36

    Default Re: NEW! Tom Ford Noir for men!

    Great fragrance! TF did it again!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 198
    Last Post: 27th June 2014, 02:36 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •