Code of Conduct

Default Gucci guilty intense

I wanted to see what my fellow basenoters feel about this one. This is the one I got from sephora. I paid 62.99 for this juice. FOr the ones that have smelled it and know it was my purchase a good one? I havent had a chance to give this a full day wearing. thanks

Banned
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Gucci guilty intense

You are better off shopping online than in retail, price-wise. Ebay and Fragrancenet are reliable.

Gucci Guilty Intense in my opinion is a good scent. It's not for me, but I really think it was well done. Enjoy it.

IMO a nice scent also.

A good Gucci scent, in my opinion, worthy of the purchase.

Dependent

I think its quite a good scent too. Except i wouldnt get it at retail price.
    Current Top 5:
    1. Frederic Malle L'eau d'Hiver
    2. Tom Ford Noir de Noir
    3. Dior Homme / Dior Homme Intense
    4. Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Havane / Pure Malt
    5. Creed Aventus / Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

I dig the GGI. Why isn't it in the database?

It's not a bad fragrance, it just doesn't offer anything new. Very generic IMO.

As to the price point at which you purchased it at is in my opinion not relevant in any respect. Example: You've just purchased a new car, and one of your friends say's man thats really nice, if you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for it. With that you answer I paid 20,000 dollars, at which point some moron will say my cousin just bought that same car, and paid 17,000 dollars. Well who really gives a Rat's ass what your cousin paid, and at any rate he is probably lying anyway. Besides which you only get one ticket on this ride, as there is no getting back in line for another. So spend what you think the price tag warrant's to you, and you alone.

As for the fragrance itself I personally thing it is better than the original version. It is a intense heady fragrance for sure, and not for the timid. By no means will it ever be guilty of being an overly complex fragrance. As it is rather a simple fragrance in It's note structure, but yet blended so no one note out stages the supporting cast. Pink pepper is a rather lively, vibrant note which gives this fragrance a rather lively opening. The heart is once again simply composed, and compliments the opening, as well as the dry-down, whis is a bit woody, and contains a hint of sweetness. Easy on the trigger on this one though, and I would mist from a distance, as not to concentrate in one spot. IMHO....
    Don't panic. Just stay calm, and reload....

Quote Originally Posted by Bobster View Post
    I wanted to see what my fellow basenoters feel about this one. This is the one I got from sephora. I paid 62.99 for this juice. FOr the ones that have smelled it and know it was my purchase a good one? I havent had a chance to give this a full day wearing. thanks
    Only you can decide if your purchase was a good one. I own two budget bottles that elicit comments here. Curve gets slammed, but I get compliments like crazy. Good purchase despite hate for it on the forums. Perry Ellis Red. I've seen people say great things about this but I hate it. Bad purchase despite forum love.

I think Guilty is AWFUL. Oh, yucko.
    ...but Guilty Intense is good. It's funny how similar they are, but the tweaks for the intense version make all the difference!

If you like Guilty Intense now, you will LOVE it when the weather cools down. That one has fall and winter written all over it!

...enjoy!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and here's a tip about Sephora just in case you don't know. Don't be afraid to ask a sales assistant to make you samples to wear for a few days to give a frag a test drive. They're awesome about doing that. I've actually been sent home with samples I didn't even ask for because the SA was chatty and wanted me to try something totally out of left field she thought I'd enjoy. That suggestion was Gucci Pour Homme II, whichI ended up buying a few weeks later. LOVE that stuff! LOVE Sephora too.

Sephora is a place I don't mind paying retail because their customer service has real value to me.

it's o.k reminds me of one of those diesel frags..

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    Only you can decide if your purchase was a good one. I own two budget bottles that elicit comments here. Curve gets slammed, but I get compliments like crazy. Good purchase despite hate for it on the forums. Perry Ellis Red. I've seen people say great things about this but I hate it. Bad purchase despite forum love.

I think Guilty is AWFUL. Oh, yucko.
    ...but Guilty Intense is good. It's funny how similar they are, but the tweaks for the intense version make all the difference!

If you like Guilty Intense now, you will LOVE it when the weather cools down. That one has fall and winter written all over it!

...enjoy!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and here's a tip about Sephora just in case you don't know. Don't be afraid to ask a sales assistant to make you samples to wear for a few days to give a frag a test drive. They're awesome about doing that. I've actually been sent home with samples I didn't even ask for because the SA was chatty and wanted me to try something totally out of left field she thought I'd enjoy. That suggestion was Gucci Pour Homme II, whichI ended up buying a few weeks later. LOVE that stuff! LOVE Sephora too.

Sephora is a place I don't mind paying retail because their customer service has real value to me.
    Thanks for the tips and your right their customer service is awesome and I hate Perry ellis red as well. I agree I can't wait to rock this when cooler weather comes in. Thank for posting

Blog Entries

I agree with L'HBI - the intense is a nice fragrance. I wasn't very impressed by the regular version, but I've come very close to buying the intense (I think it's similar to Aventus, which I like more).

And I have to say, Curve is a nice fragrance, too. Yeah, it gets dissed. But I smelled it in Marshall's one time, when some guy was opening boxes and fragging up, and I was rightly impressed by the stuff. I know I'll eventually get it, or a flanker.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    I wasn't very impressed by the regular version, but I've come very close to buying the intense (I think it's similar to Aventus, which I like more).
    Gucci Guilty Intense similar to... Aventus?

...Wait. What?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    Gucci Guilty Intense similar to... Aventus?

...Wait. What?
    I really think so (and I have an early flacon of Aventus, so I'm not jivin', either). Of anything on the shelf at Macy's, GGI comes closest, IMO. It's not pineapple, but for a fruity, "suity" masculine with a smoky, dry woody base, it matches Aventus in overall style, and especially quality, a lot better than, say, the Zara Sprint Gold, which has the topnotes of Aventus, but not the base, and nowhere near the quality.

Bluntly, if you're looking at the trees, it's not Aventus. But in terms of the forest, it's close.

It's a great scent. If you enjoy it, wear it!
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Basenotes Institution

All I have to say is
    Chris Evans !!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    All I have to say is
    Chris Evans !!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, my, MIMI!! You are a bad girl!!
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Basenotes Institution

I know , Primrose ! Oh the girrrls are going to take over this thread .......Move over boyzzz.............

Mimi, some things for girls, some things for boys--in this article!!

http://www.askmen.com/fashion/interv...y-intense.html

Some people say its nothing new... That's ok if it does it the best. It's one of my favorite new fragrances.
    My top 5 changes like the Tennessee weather.

Basenotes Institution

Thanks Primrose ! This had to be done.... feast your eyes .

Quote Originally Posted by UKisGR8 View Post
    Some people say its nothing new... That's ok if it does it the best. It's one of my favorite new fragrances.
    I totally agree. I don't need a frag to be like nothing that came before it. I just need it to be something I like enough to want to wear a lot. I don't care if it costs $20 or $200. If I want to wear it a lot, I'll buy it. (though I'd prefer between $20 and $70, of course!)

I really think so (and I have an early flacon of Aventus, so I'm not jivin', either). Of anything on the shelf at Macy's, GGI comes closest, IMO. It's not pineapple, but for a fruity, "suity" masculine with a smoky, dry woody base, it matches Aventus in overall style, and especially quality, a lot better than, say, the Zara Sprint Gold, which has the topnotes of Aventus, but not the base, and nowhere near the quality.

Bluntly, if you're looking at the trees, it's not Aventus. But in terms of the forest, it's close.
    Yeah, wow. I don't smell that at all. It feels/smells/wears closer to original John Varvatos to me. Different, of course, but in the same ballpark. I'll have to revisit Guilty Intense when fall arrives.

- - - Updated - - -

Am I the only one who sees the Batman logo here? Upside down, maybe? Perhaps that's why Gucci is feeling guilty in the first place!

........................or not.

Blog Entries

^ OOOO-LAAAH-LAAAH!

Be bad, girls! I'm lovin' it.

All I have to say is
    Chris Evans !!!!!!!!!!!!

Whoah! That's like one of those digitally scrambled pictures with a boat hidden in, like they used to sell at the mall and stuff. I didn't even notice there was someone else in that picture of Evan Rachel Wood. Thanks for pointing that out. Now back to Evan Rachel Wood.

Last edited by Shiny Beast; 16th July 2012 at 07:33 AM.

Never tried the Intense version but the first one is awful.

Guilty Intense is significantly better than the Guilty original, IMHO.

Just tested my sample of Gucci Guilty Intense which I got from a generous basenotes member Don't think this smells even remotely similar to Aventus and overall it's a pretty run of the mill fragrance. Bleu de Chanel blows this out of the water.

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    Bleu de Chanel blows this out of the water.
    Not sure I agree, but I might. I own both and really wear neither. I bought them 'cause I wanted some more easily palatable and non-challenging frags in my arsenal; something that smells good without demanding attention. That said, I don't even remember the last time I reached for either of them, although I think they're both on the good side of the good/bad scale. Maybe I need to move them closer to the front, lolz.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Beast View Post
    Not sure I agree, but I might. I own both and really wear neither. I bought them 'cause I wanted some more easily palatable and non-challenging frags in my arsenal; something that smells good without demanding attention. That said, I don't even remember the last time I reached for either of them, although I think they're both on the good side of the good/bad scale. Maybe I need to move them closer to the front, lolz.
    Try really overdosing on Bleu one time - that's how I learned to love it. 25 sprays - total Hedonist style! (I was at home, of course....) The deep notes came out strongly and I was hooked. Now I smell them no problem with 1-3 sprays.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    Just tested my sample of Gucci Guilty Intense which I got from a generous basenotes member Don't think this smells even remotely similar to Aventus and overall it's a pretty run of the mill fragrance. Bleu de Chanel blows this out of the water.
    There's only one other person I've ever heard from who thought the same thing about Aventus, and I don't even remember who it was, so I've got zero moral support on that. But part of the reason may be that my juice is one of the really ashy batches, so pineapple has never been a strong player in my Aventus experience.

I don't understand the title of Intense for the Gucci Guilty.

I looked at both bottles of the Guilty and the Guilty Intense and both are eau de toilettes.

With the women's Guilty and Guilty Intense, the Intense is an EDP whilst the original is an EDT.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    I don't understand the title of Intense for the Gucci Guilty.

I looked at both bottles of the Guilty and the Guilty Intense and both are eau de toilettes.

With the women's Guilty and Guilty Intense, the Intense is an EDP whilst the original is an EDT.
    And yet - both being EdTs - the men's Intense is an order of magnitude stronger than the regular. Very wild.

Try really overdosing on Bleu one time - that's how I learned to love it. 25 sprays - total Hedonist style! (I was at home, of course....) The deep notes came out strongly and I was hooked. Now I smell them no problem with 1-3 sprays.
    lolz, that sounds crazy, I'm gonna try it for kicks.