Code of Conduct

Default New Fragrance: Tom Ford Noir for Men

Default Re: New Fragrance: Tom Ford Noir for Men

Nice! Bottle is hideous, but I'll give any TF frag a try.
    I'm liquidating my collection to help fund my site. Please show your support for the FPindex and buy buy buy - Tuscan Leather, Egoiste, Costume National 21, etc!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/302...**-Come-on-in-)

Founder of the Fragrance Potency Index (FPindex)
    Providing real data on fragrance projection and sillage! Check it out
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/FPIndex
    Facebook: [utl]http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fragrance-Potency-Index/422023624539612[/url]

Isn't there already a thread on this?

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Always hip for a TF fragrance.

Seems some people are very keen to get their hands on this......!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tom-Ford-N...item2a223a79cd

See this is on the Bloomingdale's website, but is it actually being sold in the stores yet? Thanks!

potential blind buy right now.

Got to sample it at NM a while ago. It's ok, not what you expect from the bottle or sales ad, very light, it feels like it falls within the Jardin line more than the mens side. I get a dominate violet and nutmeg mix through the top and mid with an ambery vetiver dry down. Personally, not bottle worthy and I'm a big TF fan.

Bloomingdales has it now..at first kind of prada amberish after a couple of wears I can detect more of the smoky woody aspects of it..very simple but classy longevity not so great

This turned out to be a pretty confusing fragrance to me. It starts off somehow liquid powdery and sweet/plush (as are many of his fragrances) mixed with a clean patchouli and clear violet note. I'm not sure about this juxtaposition of plush vanilla vs. floral fresh/clarity -- it's sort of off putting. But this is just my first impression. To me, it has that "blue hour" feel as in it is sort of melancholic.

Is this similar to Burberry touch by any chance?

I tried this at Bloomingdales, I didn't get any connection to Burberry Touch. They weren't selling it but the SA was willing to open a bottle and let me sniff it. Wasn't my cup of tea.

Basenotes Plus

Horrible bottle and marketing strategy, hope its better than the exclusive line...

I think the bottle is beautiful, like all Tom Ford's. Why are people bitching about it? To me it looks classy and retro.

Have to give this a sample. Anyone have the notes list?

Anyone else tried this yet? I'm dying to know what the verdict is!

Basenotes Institution

I still have not smelled this (and I am a Tom Ford fanboy from way back...) but honestly I have not heard good things about it so I'm in no rush.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

He doesn't review it exactly, but the grooming editor for Men's Health magazine in the UK, says it's his favourite release of the year!

http://groomingguru.co.uk/2012/09/10...tom-ford-noir/

Dependent

ganna have to get a sample
    1. Dior Homme Original
    2. Musc Ravaguer
    3. Portrait of a Lady
    4. Noir de Noir
    5. L Instant Guerlain pour Homme Extreme
    6. New Haarlem
    7. Pure Coffee
    8. Blu Mediterraneo Sicilian Almond
    9. Rose 31
    10. Spiritueuse Double Vanille

I've heard mostly negative things about it. I suggest not to buy it before trying a sample.

Quote Originally Posted by vortex View Post
    I've heard mostly negative things about it. I suggest not to buy it before trying a sample.
    I'm not sure why this is. It is a fine fragrance in my opinion and one that I am looking forward to wearing. In fact, if I had to pick a signature scent today, it would be either Tom Ford Noir or Tom Ford Extreme. It is practically perfect for my taste; if TF brings out an Extreme version, I'll be first in line to buy that one too.
    Visit my Wordwide Swap Thread here for niche and designer full bottle trades: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/305...tles-(UK-only)

And my Worldwide full bottle sale thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/306...S-(UK-EU-only)

This one is more geared towards a woman's fragrance. I didn't like this one. Soapy, synthetic rose scent. I'm not an expert on notes, but I know what smells good and what doesn't. I highly suggest you sample this one first.

Quote Originally Posted by sjg3839 View Post
    This one is more geared towards a woman's fragrance. I didn't like this one. Soapy, synthetic rose scent. I'm not an expert on notes, but I know what smells good and what doesn't. I highly suggest you sample this one first.
    I think you may be getting this confused with Noir de Noir, also by Tom Ford. There is nothing feminine about Noir. I can see how some males may be uncomfortable sporting Noir de Noir (which I personally love)
    Visit my Wordwide Swap Thread here for niche and designer full bottle trades: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/305...tles-(UK-only)

And my Worldwide full bottle sale thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/306...S-(UK-EU-only)

Powdery Iris and violet on a bed of peppery geranium and patchouli is what I mainly getting from this latest offering from Tom Ford. I can pick up slight hints of vanille/amber within the mix as well but just slightly.

I have to say I am not that impressed and was expecting so much more from Tom Ford, not bottle worthy for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    Powdery Iris and violet on a bed of peppery geranium and patchouli is what I mainly getting from this latest offering from Tom Ford. I can pick up slight hints of vanille/amber within the mix as well but just slightly.

I have to say I am not that impressed and was expecting so much more from Tom Ford, not bottle worthy for me.

So your telling me I dont like it jack lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Nersh View Post
    So your telling me I dont like it jack lol.
    Lol....I found it unintresting and bland though it did get nicer in the basenotes when the iris and violet vanished but no sparks or instant love from me.

Blog Entries

Got a sample yesterday, and applied it to husband, we both kept having a sniff. We both quite like it, but maybe not FB worthy. In short, my first impression was that the topnotes smelled like plastic doll mixed with the fishy air that comes out of an inner tube, doesn't sound nice maybe, but I Liked how different it smelled. The drydown was very much Old Spice, husband put Old Spice on his other arm to compare, they were similar. The heart escapes me now, soit can't have made too much of an impression. I should have written it all down yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    Lol....I found it unintresting and bland though it did get nicer in the basenotes when the iris and violet vanished but no sparks or instant love from me.
    X2

I tried it on Monday and despite the SA blasting me with 3 sprays I just found it disappointing. I've usually really liked TF's offerings but this just does nothing for me. It doesn't smell bad, just nothing special, it really didn't stand out. I quite like the bottle though.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraghead View Post
    I think you may be getting this confused with Noir de Noir, also by Tom Ford. There is nothing feminine about Noir. I can see how some males may be uncomfortable sporting Noir de Noir (which I personally love)
    I actually tried Tom Ford Noir De Noir (And all the private blends). I purchased Tom Ford Noir (New scent) a few days ago. IMO it smells too sweet. Like yourself, a lot of people like [U]Noir De Noir.[U] It smells OK, but not one I would purchase for the price. I thought Tom Ford Noir would be a better alternative, but I guess it wasn't. To me it reminds me of a woman's perfume.

I just bought a bottle of this the other day. I don't experience it as feminine, although it is a bit powdery in the drydown and I can see how that might register as feminine. I'm not experiencing this as especially sweet; what stands out to me are the herbal and peppery notes.
    Current Top Five:
    1. Bois des Iles--Chanel
    2. George Sand--Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier
    3. L'Ame Soeur--Divine
    4. Violet Blonde--Tom Ford
    5. Santal Blush--Tom Ford

I got a tester of this a couple days ago and it most strongly reminds me of M7 without the cherry cough syrup top notes. I'm glad I didn't shell out for a full bottle. There are other TF fragrances that are worth the money.

Sampled it, loved it. I think itīs way better than Grey Vetiver.

Quote Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post
    I just bought a bottle of this the other day. I don't experience it as feminine, although it is a bit powdery in the drydown and I can see how that might register as feminine. I'm not experiencing this as especially sweet; what stands out to me are the herbal and peppery notes.
    Just my opinion folks. Enjoy the frag!