Code of Conduct

Question "songe d n bois dt , special series, guerlain , base notes finishes with vanilla?

When they are applied, after 1 hour all Guerlains ( my opinion ) have the same base notes.Guerlinade.
    To pay 250,00 euros for a bottle of 75ml and have the same base notes of the others fragances of the line, , for me it does not make any sense.
    What is your opinion...?
    Songe dun Bois D t, seems to be different, it is more woods.( base notes ).I did not sample it so far.
    Is it right ?
    tks
    al

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: "songe d n bois dt , special series, guerlain , base notes finishes with vanilla?

Yes
    I'm liquidating my collection to help fund my site. Please show your support for the FPindex and buy buy buy - Tuscan Leather, Egoiste, Costume National 21, etc!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/302...**-Come-on-in-)

Founder of the Fragrance Potency Index (FPindex)
    Providing real data on fragrance projection and sillage! Check it out
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/FPIndex
    Facebook: [utl]http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fragrance-Potency-Index/422023624539612[/url]

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: "songe d n bois dt , special series, guerlain , base notes finishes with vanilla?

I don't think all Geurlain have duplicate dry downs.
    Some similar due to the guerlinade but not ditto copies of each other. The mid note will always influence the dry down.

for swap/sale:

Yeah there are quite a few Guerlains with no Guerlinade in them, including Songe.

Post Thanks / Like

I can see the similarities in the DNA. Cuir beluga and Tonka imperiale are like that in my opinion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aldo milani View Post
    When they are applied, after 1 hour all Guerlains ( my opinion ) have the same base notes.Guerlinade.
    To pay 250,00 euros for a bottle of 75ml and have the same base notes of the others fragances of the line, , for me it does not make any sense.
    What is your opinion...?
    Songe dun Bois D t, seems to be different, it is more woods.( base notes ).I did not sample it so far.
    Is it right ?
    tks
    al
    Your first remark / opinion is one of the most ridiculous statements I have read here, frankly. If you are going to start a Thread with all encompassing proclamation like this why not back it up with some comparisons from your own experience? Tell us something for a change . . . what Guerlains do you actually wear or have extensive experience with?

Quote Originally Posted by aldo milani View Post
    What is your opinion...?
    Is it right ?
    tks
    al
    The Basenotes Guerlain directory lists no less than... 229 fragrances, regardless of the concentration variants (extraits, EDP, PDT, EDT, EDC). This house, founded in 1828, with such a prestigious history and such dramatic changes in its recent marketing strategy can hardly be blamed for using the same worn out formulas. What do Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca, Shalimar and Li have in common? Not much I'm afraid.

But back to your point, yes, some of them have something in common. The guerlinade, which is not a secret syrup they pour in every bottle but a complex arrangement of notes, floral, balsamic, sweet and animalic at the same time. Having said that we are not making much progress. Detecting the guerlinade takes a long way, and the path is the goal. Start your own journey now and report back.