Code of Conduct

Exclamation Fan di Fendi Pour Homme

Fendi returns for men!....killer bottle too!

This masculine scent aims at mysterious, sophisticated and urban men who radiate charisma and modern elegance. Therefore, the composition tends to be both fresh and modern, as well as classic and refined. Its character is fresh woody-aromatic, created by perfumers Francois Demachy, Delphine Lebeau-Krowiak and Benoit Lapouza.
    Last edited by scentimus; 18th July 2012 at 12:22 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Fendi Returns! Fan di Fendi Uomo

YES! YES! YES! *serious fist-pumping*

I like the beginning of the women's Fan di Fendi - clear references to the old Theorema, though very faint. Would love to see where this one goes. And really like seeing Demachy's name on this. I respect what he did with Aqua Fahrenheit, even though it has a facet-clash that I personally can't handle. Makes me hopeful that he snuck some gravitas into this.

PS - Not sure about title - you may need an edit. It's "Pour Homme" on the box. Gotta admit, I kinda like Uomo better, though!
    Last edited by Redneck Perfumisto; 17th July 2012 at 11:35 PM.

I will keep an eye out for this, though it's hardly likely it will be coming to Australia any time soon. I will be surprised if it is anywhere near as good as Fendi Uomo.

Sound Scents
    Post Thanks / Like

Definitely I will seek this one out for a sniff.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Post Thanks / Like

I smelled the feminine last Christmas, and at the time I sensed no similarity to Theorema whatsoever (even though I was hoping!)...all I got was a pink bubblegum topnote that vanished in minutes, leaving a not-unpleasant fruity floriental kind of thing. Not bad...if you like pink bubblegum.

I know Theorema. Theorema was a friend of mine. This ain't no Theorema.

TO FENDI: I DON'T CARE WHAT ELSE YOU DO, BUT BRING BACK THEOREMA!

Default Re: Fan di Fendi Pour Homme

Trying to find the notes on this scent. The women's has nice leather note.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice ! Glad they are back
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

A fresh woody-aromatic. Wow! Time for my nap. LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    Trying to find the notes on this scent. The women's has nice leather note.
    Fan di Fendi pour Homme blends notes of citrus with soft woody tones and touches of basil, cardamom, red pepper and leather.

I like red pepper in my juice ...Patou pour homme revisited? ...doubtful but looking forward to trying this at Saks.

My son may be interested in this.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the heads up.
    Could be interesting.

Post Thanks / Like

Stylish! Has a powerhouse look to it!

Is this available anywhere yet?

I understand it will launch with the women's Fan di Fendi Extreme in the fall. I will watch out for both.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to test this one. Has anyone had a chance?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by laroche View Post
    Have not seen it anywhere.

Post Thanks / Like

I could try it at Douglas a week ago. It's characteristic, better than the majority of the recent designer frags I've met.

Tested yesterday...sweet citrus-y and little spicy opening (tangerine and pink pepper) to which are added within few minutes some powdery-spicy-woody notes (cardamom, sweet woods). This whole combination remains unchanged for about 1 hr. when smooth leather and some faint green-woody like notes join in (basil, patchouli?). I also detect some tonka-bean far in the dry down (as in many 'modern' releases these days) so I would say it has some resemblances here (up to a certain extent) with 1 Million, Moschino Forever or Gucci Guilty, but with a dryer feeling overall, imo. Not bad at all. I'll give 7/10 after this first testing.
    "I love fragrances because they provide a sheer endless variety: there is a scent for every occasion, mood or feeling. Standing before my collection in the morning matching a perfume to my needs is one of the most enjoyable things in my day". I don't want to miss that

Current Top 12 Spring: | Chanel Allure Blanche | Guerlain Homme Intense |
    Dior Fahrenheit | Givenchy pour Homme | Carolina Herrera for Men | Narciso Rodriguez Him | T. Mugler A*Men Sunessence | Trussardi Inside | C. Herrera Chic | Azzaro PH | M. Kors Michael for Men | Pal Zileri Sartoriale |

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by laroche View Post
    I just tried it out on paper again. It has been at The Bay store for a while now. Unfortunately, everytime I test it out, I don't have room on my skin ( I don't go shopping often so I have to make the best of the situation by sampling as much as I can). This was my second testing on paper.

I like the fragrance. I would hate to use a comparission to Paco Rabanne 1 Million. I just find that one far too sweet and fruity. Coincidently enough, 2 young ladies for talking to each other in another shop and I overheard one of them say how much they loved 1 Million ( she called it Paco Rabanne 1 in a Million ). So if you like girls, this is your scent I guess.

I agree with Sandy, it does indeed have a better characteristic than most new releases. Is it "stop me in my tracks" amazing ? No, but it is nice and I would rather smell this in public than many other fragrances.

VanAllan seems to have a good handle on the notes. It ends up being a restrained sweet woodsy scent. I am terrible at the notes and accords, so I am glad he posted here before me. Fan di Fendi pour Homme seems to always be easy going, restrained, but smells nice. Even the opening is very calm, but nice. Well done spice in here.

The problem with these dept store fragrances is that they are quite pricey. I am not sure what the price on this one was, but I would imagine it would be in Spicebomb's price range ( $90 ?). But who knows. No matter what the fragrance, you want good value for your money. We all need those day to day fragrances, because sometimes we can't drain the juice level from all out discontinued fragrances. At least I can't, so I will give this a shot on skin and see its potential.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks VanAllan & Surfacing! I think I'll check it out at The Bay tomorrow. There might be something interesting going on here - I like the sound of there being a 'dryness' to it. This could be one to reach for when you're undecided - especially in the colder months? Fingers crossed.

Post Thanks / Like

it's nice and delicate but nothing compared to Fendi Uomo, just a pale ghost of past glory!
    nice scent I own but won't re buy it!