Code of Conduct

Default Article: Chandler Burr's Untitled Project: What the Internet thought...

Default Re: Article: Chandler Burr's Untitled Project: What the Internet thought...

Really interesting read. The description of the second one reminds me of Comme des Garcons 3.

Grant, this is really a terrific narrative of the Untitled Series thus far, and frankly it's as interesting for me to read as for anyone else. Both Birdboy and pussinboots wrote, beautifully, very perceptive descriptions of Infusion.
    As for this <<Sadly OpenSky have removed the Chandler’n’Katie show from the internet, but hopefully it will show up in the future.>> I had no idea till I read this just now; it's an error, and the Chandler'n'Katie show video will definitely be back up (and I'll have a tense conversation with OpenSky....).
    - Chandler

Default Re: Article: Chandler Burr's Untitled Project: What the Internet thought...

Quote Originally Posted by Lila Das Gupta View Post
    Really interesting read. The description of the second one reminds me of Comme des Garcons 3.
    I immediately thought of Mugler Cologne. Sort of mirrors Luca Turin's description in "Perfumes: The Guide". One of my all-time favorites!

While my nose may not always agree with Mr Burr's assessments, I love the concept of what he's doing, and find it almost equally interesting that so many people find so many things about it to be controversial.

It's almost as though there are the fragrances, and then there are all the other angles of the project itself.

With time, perhaps that end of things will fade, and those who are participating will get down to what Chandler intends. But for now it's interesting keeping up with every aspect of it. :- )

That graphic cracks me up, Grant! Perhaps you could animate it?

I think the concept is brilliant. We shouldn't be judging fragrances based on their names or their marketing. This project is like serving people food from a restaurant without telling them where it's from so they'll only judge what they're eating. And since he isn't selling these for more than they cost retail, it's not like he's scamming people to get rich off of this.

I think it's a great reminder that a fragrance is about the juice.