Code of Conduct

Exclamation Slumberhouse Pear + Olive

After obsessing on this fragrance I pulled the trigger. Should have this by Monday.
    My Favorites

1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

Default Re: Slumberhouse Pear + Olive

Well congrats! That's really the best pear I have sniffed. I was always kind of hoping there would be a pear note out there like that. I love so many things about the scent, however, the dry down didn't do it for me and that will keep me from buying a bottle. But congrats, those top notes are truly awesome!. It really is a good one to have in a collection.
    $25 or less clearance sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/390...othing-over-25!!

"For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us." Rom. 8:18

Basenotes Plus

My sotd. We'll have a mini-sync when you get your bottle, Akahina.
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Basenotes Plus

How much does the Olive come into play?

For me the olive is top. All noses differ and there is certainly pear here but not sweet or gourmond. There is a heavy "oily" sensation but it is not overpowering. Sort of that deep aroma that smells waxy or oily to my nose, like gardenia without the sweetness. Well balance without a doubt. Sounds like an oxymoron, but this one is light and airy (suitable for summer) and yet has a base that has a feeling of depth. I have not sampled anything this one, that is why I bought it. Slumberhouse is one to watch. His compositions are way out of the box.
    My Favorites

1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

I do like pear notes, but olive I'm not sure. Curious to know how it smells like.

Quote Originally Posted by LeoM View Post
    I do like pear notes.
    I like pear notes too. Wild Pear by Montale is one I really like.

The pear definitely dominates over the olive, and the olive in this imparts a fresh smell, not a briny one. It's not really to my taste and (as I mentioned in another Slumberhouse thread) it's a smell I associate with shampoo, but I can't imagine anyone disliking this pleasant scent. It's very unisex. Personally, I prefer the edgier Slumberhouse offerings (Jeke, Norne, etc.).

This has definitely hit my to try list...that sounds like a really unique and pleasing set of notes.

There is a single review in the directory that sums up the scent as well as I could if interested...
    My Favorites

1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

The IFRA can bite me!

I couldn't help it...I took a gamble and blind bought it from parfum1 with a discount code

Quote Originally Posted by starshipvelcro View Post
    I couldn't help it...I took a gamble and blind bought it from parfum1 with a discount code
    same with me i blind bought it from parfum1 as well with a 4th of july promo code ( i love pear and olive notes)....now all that's left is to wait for my friend in the states to send it to me =)

I like the scent but also found it to smell of a shampoo or other functional product. It smelled a bit 'blunt' and cheap to my nose. Pleasant, though, and fairly unique as far as fine fragrances go.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Basenotes Plus

Thank goodness for those parfum1 coupon codes.
    A Scent Rescuer

seems like such a random site to be exclusive to though...

I wish Slumberhouse had a physical HOUSE. I'm in Portland. I'd love to drop by and smell their stuff. Pear + Olive sounds amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by starshipvelcro View Post
    Code/s plz

Quote Originally Posted by laph View Post
    code/s plz
    july4th15pz

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    I wish Slumberhouse had a physical HOUSE. I'm in Portland. I'd love to drop by and smell their stuff. Pear + Olive sounds amazing.
    Look up Alder & Co., on SW 12th. They carry half a dozen but sell out often.
    My Favorites

1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

The IFRA can bite me!

This is one of the best scents I have ever worn. If you are a fan of things in the transparent genre like Santal Massoļa and Angeliques Sous la Pluie, I think you will really enjoy this. The olive (which I'm not sure I would ever have identified if it weren't in the name) acts almost as a subtle animalic, anchoring the beautiful pear rendition to the skin. The change that comes about in the drydown is quite dramatic and rather unusual in that the fragrance gets more savory (as opposed to most scents that sweeten up over time). I am seriously considering a backup bottle.

- - - Updated - - -

SSV, Indiescents.com also carries Slumberhouse. You can also buy directly from the store, although Pear+Olive is a limited release and the link to purchase it is not in the main web store (it's here: http://slumber33.tumblr.com/).
    Last edited by Beranium Chotato; 22nd July 2012 at 12:36 AM.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Chambers View Post
    This is one of the best scents I have ever worn. If you are a fan of things in the transparent genre like Santal Massoļa and Angeliques Sous la Pluie, I think you will really enjoy this. The olive (which I'm not sure I would ever have identified if it weren't in the name) acts almost as a subtle animalic, anchoring the beautiful pear rendition to the skin. The change that comes about in the drydown is quite dramatic and rather unusual in that the fragrance gets more savory (as opposed to most scents that sweeten up over time). I am seriously .
    Considering some of the incredible fragrances you have, this says a lot about it. May have to purchase this one.

Thanks starshipvelcro

Basenotes Plus

ah thank you for the link- couldn't find it.
    Post your comments as a review, BC!

This is one of the best scents I have ever worn. If you are a fan of things in the transparent genre like Santal Massoļa and Angeliques Sous la Pluie, I think you will really enjoy this. The olive (which I'm not sure I would ever have identified if it weren't in the name) acts almost as a subtle animalic, anchoring the beautiful pear rendition to the skin. The change that comes about in the drydown is quite dramatic and rather unusual in that the fragrance gets more savory (as opposed to most scents that sweeten up over time). I am seriously considering a backup bottle.

- - - Updated - - -

SSV, Indiescents.com also carries Slumberhouse. You can also buy directly from the store, although Pear+Olive is a limited release and the link to purchase it is not in the main web store (it's here: http://slumber33.tumblr.com/).
    A Scent Rescuer

- - - Updated - - -

Just mentioning it in the same paragraph as Santal Massoia has got me beyond excited.

I got my sample today from parfume1. I wanted to like the scent so bad, however, it was just too much. I don't think I will buy.

Pros: Excellent example of pear. Great balance of olive.

Cons: Very pungent and overly sweet.

Overall, something I could not see myself confidently wearing.

I have an extra 2.5ml sample with someone's name on it.

I am pretty sure the title reference to Olive is Olive Blossom or Olive Leaf and not actually Olive.
    Check out my new blog http://www.NotableScents.net

Quote Originally Posted by psychoskip View Post
    I have an extra 2.5ml sample with someone's name on it.
    I'll happily take your extra sample if you don't want it, and I'll cover shipping of course. I've actually been really curious to try this one...

Quote Originally Posted by psychoskip View Post

Cons: Very pungent and overly sweet.

This is my problem with it, way too sweet...
    But then, Maybe it's my problem, I hate vanilla in fragrances...
    Last edited by pkiler; 7th February 2013 at 06:03 AM.
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    http://www.PKPERFUMES.com
    Gold Medal for "Best Aroma"; Los Angeles Artisan Fragrance Salon

It's true that every nose is different, but I think it is the perfect amount of sweetness. I don't get the shampoo association, maybe a little the for a little while the first time you give it a sniff, but once you give it a couple of wearings I don't get shampoo at all. It has a salty/sweet combo that is awesome!! I haven't personally ever smelled a salty shampoo so for that reason, the shampoo comparison goes out the door. I think it's an awesome, unique fragrance. To me the olive is the main player, but just by a hair over the pear, it's a great combination of both, and the olive gives it a heavy warmth that I personally haven't experienced in many other frags. All in all I say it's a winner along with Norne, they are my tops of the house, although I really like Grev, even though it isn't a basenotes favorite by a long shot, and then the rest follow.