Code of Conduct

Default Molton Brown Navigations Through Scent

Has anybody tried these new fragrances from Molton Brown? A couple of them sound really interesting.

Default Re: Molton Brown Navigations Through Scent

They are pretty horrible, to be honest.

I think there were 4 (or six) in the line. I tried them all a few months ago an none of them made me want to purchase.

Thanks for the input so far. Molton Brown isn't nearly as widely available in the states as it is in the UK, so I'd have to really seek these out in order to try them. It sounds like it may not be worth the effort.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyprince View Post
    Thanks for the input so far. Molton Brown isn't nearly as widely available in the states as it is in the UK, so I'd have to really seek these out in order to try them. It sounds like it may not be worth the effort.
    I know both Saks and Neiman's carries them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyprince View Post

They are not really known over here for their fragrances, more body products, etc. I was surprised to see these fragrances lined up on a shelf in a big dept store, but yeah, they were all pretty underwhelming.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern View Post
    They are not really known over here for their fragrances, more body products, etc. I was surprised to see these fragrances lined up on a shelf in a big dept store, but yeah, they were all pretty underwhelming.
    I agree, very underwhelming to me. Their body products are OK.

Interesting notes and I was intrigued to try.

Sad to hear my ambitions are gone.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    Interesting notes and I was intrigued to try.

Sad to hear my ambitions are gone.

Hey - they weren't terrible -- just not what I was looking for at the time. One of them may be just what you want.

I haven't tried the whole but the limited edition Londonium is great. It has a cool boozy vibe in combination with herbs I believe. I'm glad I have it.

Rex
    Re: Avatar-So are they whats known as subwoofers?

I think MikeNY liked the Londinium with with the whiskey vibe on another thread.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

I never knew about these ones before. And they do indeed sound wonderful ! Kinda pricey, but hey, if they are good enough then it would not be an issue.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Bump

I have a sample of Londinium and I think it's really nice. It opens with red berries and bergamont and gets mossy due to the big dollop of oakmoss. With this is the incense/ myrhh mixing in gives the fragrance a mossy resinous feel, the whisky note seems to be blended really well with the red berry accord which is quite prominent. And it is quite refreshing especially in the opening.

As time progresses the berry note recedes and you are left with a mossy incense accord on your skin. The only thing is that it stays quite close to you and the projection could be better. But I like this a lot it is really nice and does not overwhelm, the oakmoss adds a lot to this fragrance.

I thought they were more than passable and the bottles are well crafted.

Just had a brief sniff through this range in store and brought some scented cards away. I am left with the impression that it is another case of marketing and packaging trumping the quality of the perfumes themselves, none of which would be out of place in an air-freshener. Apuldre was perhaps the best but I am not inclined to explore further, despite being warned that Londinium will soon be a Harrods exclusive, 'so buy while stocks last'! YMMV, IMHO etc.

I like Londinium but the projection is weak and longevity is about three hours on my skin and for a £80+ scent that just does not cut the mustard in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    I like Londinium but the projection is weak and longevity is about three hours on my skin and for a £80+ scent that just does not cut the mustard in my book.
    3 hours is about all I got from the two I sprayed on skin, Rogart and Singosari. And with about 1 inch projection!

i've sampled em including the standard ones from the standard line , can safely say for fragrances - only Bracing SilverBirch EDT comes out from this house as noteworthy, others are very forgettable.

To me Londinium is a lighter version of Gucci Pour Homme II. Of course, the whiskey note is no more than pure marketing. Or maybe whyskey is the same as tea in Gucci? I feel tobacco in the base with a beautiful fruitiness around.
    Gucci Pour Homme II is still in the shops, so I don't find a reason to buy Londinium as it is 3 times more expensive.

People really shouldn't write these off. I own samples of Rogart, Singosari and Iunu (in order of preference) and enjoy them very much. I wore Rogart yesterday with a new leather jacket and the combination of the semi-sweet woody, resinous spice accords with the new nappa leather was divine. One of my most enjoyable olfactory experiences of the year so far!

I'm wearing Singosari as I type.

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo Lapin X View Post
    They are pretty horrible, to be honest.
    Agree.

i think i tried two of their products,,,one was a cinnamon cassia bodyscrub or something like that,,,another 1 was a black peper bodywash...both were very overpowering and cloying...maybe their edt fragrances are better and can controll application amount compared to bodywashes
    14 sprays of DRAKKAR NOIR should do it

I own Iunu, which I find very pleasant. It's spicy and quite powerful. I don't wear it that much but it was a £65 purchase I was happy with. One of the better frags in my collection.

There's really nothing 'horrible' about them. Sure, they're not to everyone's taste and they're perhaps not the most lasting and projecting of fragrances, but they're hardly unpleasant or offensive smells.

Not all that hot.

I have tried all their fragrances, the latest being Londinium, at £75 for 50ml it is too expensive, and the smell doesn't even last, what the point of that? You want longevity at that price! The other fragrances are just as poor. They make good shower gels, and washes, again way too expensive, its a snob value, of having a Molton Brown bottle in a bathroom, but when your wearing fragrance that disappears you might as well flush the money down the toilet!