Code of Conduct

Default DSquared2's He Wood Rocky Mountain Wood or Chanel's Sycomore

Hi guys,

I'm considering to add another fragrance to my ever growing collection. I've shortlisted two. They are DSquared2's He Wood Rocky Mountain Wood and Chanel's Sycomore. I'm sure you guys are thinking why these two choices. Well, I believe they are unique in their own ways and they are not so commonly worn by people in the area I'm living in. Both smells terrific and in my personal opinion, what attracts me is their smooth masculine simplicity.

If you have used any of the two mentioned, do let me know of your experience with them. For eg. the fragrance's projection and longevity in the climate you live in and your personal thoughts on them even. If there are other alternatives which you think are better, perhaps in the same type of group these two are in, please feel free to name them.

Thanks.

Default Re: DSquared2's He Wood Rocky Mountain Wood or Chanel's Sycomore

Sycomore by far. It's so multifunctional and distinct. I live in Atlanta and have no reservations wearing Sycomore in the summer heat. For such a strong fragrance, the vetiver in Sycomore is extremely fresh and lasting. Rocky Mountain Wood is weak and watery to me.
    Last edited by acjigga; 20th July 2012 at 02:57 AM.
    "Smell with your nose, not your ears."

ACJIGGA'S FAVORITES
    Xerjoff Nio, Xerjoff 1861, Profumum Roma Acqua Viva, Neil Morris for Takashimaya, Sonoma Scent Studio Champagne de Bois, Chanel Egoiste Platinum, Creed Green Irish Tweed, YSL Rive Gauche Pour Homme, YSL Opium Pour Homme EDP, CDG Kyoto, Acqua di Parma Intensa Oud, Slumberhouse Jeke extrait, Xerjoff Fars & Xerjoff Gao

Banned

I think that your choice would be a function of what kind of scent you want to have, outdoorsy versus suave, as well as the amount of money that you want to spend, average versus expensive, coupled, perhaps, by your age, youthful or more mature.

Here's ↓↓↓ my impressions for both:

He Wood Rocky Mountain Wood by Dsquared2
    - In the enchanting opening, one is treated to a cloud of white pepper, carrying a lovely, cool violet and refreshing, creamy lily. A strong heart with its brawny duet of cedarwood and vetiver makes one sense a wet forest, and carries off the floral accord to join its soothing base. Segueing to that drydown, a melange of warm amber, smoky incense and sensual musk overlay the woody and floral accords. This floral, incense and woody fragrance is one of the best outdoors scents, and is a very versatile fragrance. Wonderfully, the longevity and projection are both excellent.

Sycomore by Chanel - Upon application, one is treated to a stimulating wave of hesperidic notes, with their inherent tangerine, orange, bergamot and lemon flavors; aldehydes heigthen their sparkliness. Riding the crest of this citrus swell, haitian vetiver imparts its green and smoky facets. A faint anise bobs about. Carried to the waiting middle, fruity and shyly spicy pink pepper showers the airy and bitter vetiver, and is married with the fresh and clean woodiness of cypress, while a hint of sensual jasmine and haunting frankincense waft about. Transitioning to the welcoming base, creamy sandlewood, dry cedar and pine needle-like juniper encase the rooty vetiver, as delicate ylang-ylang lightly mists the lush and woodsy melange adding a trace of powder, and orris masterfully impregnates the concoction with its wet, earthy and slight violet-like facets. With a feebly sour and warm musk flickering, and a sweet and balsamic styrax adding a kiss of vanilla, an exquisite drydown ensues. This elegant composition befits a gentleman. A tasteful and refined, all-season fragrance, it has average projection and good longevity.

Sycomore

Sycomore, no doubts.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Sycomore by a mile.

Sound Scents

I love them both, but if money is no object I prefer Sycomore. I have reviews posted for both if you want my more detailed thoughts on them.
    Last edited by drseid; 20th July 2012 at 09:05 AM.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Why is Sycomore sold as a women's fragrance?

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    Why is Sycomore sold as a women's fragrance?
    That's a good question.

Perhaps that subdued floral in it?

Chanel's Sycomore

Dependent

Like Rocky Mountain Wood, Love Sycomore.
    "The most beautiful sea hasn’t been crossed yet. The most beautiful child hasn’t grown up yet. The most beautiful days we haven’t seen yet. And the most beautiful words I wanted to tell you... I haven’t said yet…"
    -Nazim Hikmet Ran

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    Sycomore, no doubts.
    Agreed.

Though Rocky Mountain was one of my first fragrance loves and I'm still very fond of it, as others have said, Sycomore by a mile