Code of Conduct

Default VC&A Midnight In Paris: EDT versus EDP?

Is there enough of a difference to go for the EDP?

The EDT box states that it is 78% alcohol.

That's a pretty good strength for a fragrance.

Thank you for any advice on this in advance.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Default Re: VC&A Midnight In Paris: EDT versus EDP?

I own both and can honestly say that the difference is hardly noticeable. The EDP is a little fuller/rounder and I suppose more balmy in it's composition, whereas the EDT is a little lighter. I get below average longevity and projection from both, but have been complimented on the EDP a few hours after application.

Not much difference between the two in both strength and smell, if you can get the EDP for a few dollars more it'd be worth it, but getting it for the $100+ price on some websites is a bad deal (fragrancenet has this for very cheap for example)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fraghead View Post
    I own both and can honestly say that the difference is hardly noticeable. The EDP is a little fuller/rounder and I suppose more balmy in it's composition, whereas the EDT is a little lighter. I get below average longevity and projection from both, but have been complimented on the EDP a few hours after application.
    Midnight in Paris for me is not a strong, heavy smell and my nose tends to not detect it after a little bit, but I also have received compliment on this about 6-7 hours after application and from a few feet away (no clue how that works when I can't even smell it when I put my nose to the sprayed skin)

IMO Yes.

I have the EDT myself, and have gotten compliments on it 5 or 6 hours after application too. This would make for a perfect date scent - it's not a projection beast, but it is noticeable. Very happy with the EDT.

I have the EdT and my skin normally eats perfumes but this one lasts 8 hours+ on me, it's not a big projector but the EdP isn't either. I've tried the EdP on skin before and I got even better longevity and somewhat richer smell but not so much that I would rush to buy it instead of the EdT, and that's unusual for me.

Thank you all for the input. This seems like a "your mileage may vary scent."

Testing, it seems, is a must.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Does the EdP come in anything other than 4.2oz? I'll be much more interested in this scent if the EdP has a 1.7/2.5/3.3oz option.

The Edp is faraway better.

This is one i have to try, especially with it being the Fall season and all

the edp is slightly better!

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    Thank you all for the input. This seems like a "your mileage may vary scent."

Testing, it seems, is a must.
    There's a lot of truth to that. I prefer the EdT. But, even more, I prefer Bvlgari Black which is similar but with more of a rubbery tea note. To me, MiP is Bv Black, minus the edge.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    There's a lot of truth to that. I prefer the EdT. But, even more, I prefer Bvlgari Black which is similar but with more of a rubbery tea note. To me, MiP is Bv Black, minus the edge.
    OK so I have Bvlgari Black and the EDT & EDP concentrations of Midnight in Paris. Firstly, let me say that in my humble (in-experienced) opinion Bvlgari Black only very superficially resembles MIP! Now that's out of the way, let's talk about MIP.

When I compare the two conentrations of MIP, I'm immediately struck by the warmth and depth of the EDP. It just really doesn't compare with the EDT in this regard. Both have very similar top notes but the EDP just shines on skin when it's in the right atmosphere. The EDT at face value appears 'brighter' (if that makes sense?) upon first spray. But I can honestly say as an owner of both EDT & EDP, that the EDP consistantly outshines it's 'brother' by simply being warmer, richer & deeper than the EDT.

Bvlgari Blacxk on the other hand barely lasts about 3 hours tops on my skin! Don't get me wrong though on Bvlgari Black. I do love it; but just no more than the 3 hours of pleasure I get from it!

The EdP is better than the Edt.

The EdP is creamier, the tea note shines throughout this fragrance and you get that light vanilla. It's just an overall great composition. The tea

The EdT is great as well as my original sample before buying was the EdT, and from that sample I then purchased a full bottle of the EdP.

The EdP easily lasts 15+ hours on my skin, and projection and sillage are a good 15 feet that last well over 8+ hours easily, then becoming a 2 foot projection the duration!!!!!!!! The thing is though this stuff projects and lasts it is not cloying at all, it's light in a sense.

Of all my fragrances this is the one that performs the most consistently. I get a ton of compliments from women wearing this stuff. It is my favorite fragrance, though I don't consider it my signature scent.

^^you are spot on with the ligthness factor. Light so its not cloying but lasts and projects(even after you cant smell it)

I prefer longevity, so the EDP is the best for me.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I adore this fragrance. It suits me very well. I have both the edt and the edp. Save your money and purchase the edp. You will spray it less and it will last so much longer. A real compliment getter.

To me, the edt had an annoying plastic and latex note. the edp is better imo

Basenotes Junkie

I bought a sample of the EDP, and I looooove it. Now I want a whole bottle but am afraid to buy the EDT because of how much I like the EDP. I guess I'll have to sample the EDT and see how it compares. There is just so much of a price jump between the two, also the EDP seems quite difficult to find.

Edit: so I went ahead and bought a full bottle of the edt and honestly there is little if any difference in the scent between the two. I then saw that fragranceX had the edp in stock for a reasonable price so I bought it also. Side by side they smell the same, but the edp, as others have already stated, is much fuller/richer/warmer. If you can find the edp for around $50-60, get it, you will use much less per use as opposed to the edt, therefor making it a better value. But for $100 I would stick with the edt.
    Last edited by timmy-j; 28th January 2013 at 04:55 PM. Reason: update

Quote Originally Posted by timmy-j View Post
    I bought a sample of the EDP, and I looooove it. Now I want a whole bottle but am afraid to buy the EDT because of how much I like the EDP. I guess I'll have to sample the EDT and see how it compares. There is just so much of a price jump between the two, also the EDP seems quite difficult to find.
    I would love to find it too without paying luckyscent price.

Quote Originally Posted by bgoc View Post
    I would love to find it too without paying luckyscent price.
    fragrancenet 46 shipped for edp. use the 2o percent off coupon code.

Quote Originally Posted by SmellGoodPimp View Post
    fragrancenet 46 shipped for edp. use the 2o percent off coupon code.
    I bought it in Jan from FragX although at a higher price.

If you have EDT, EDP is not warranted.

I hated the Edp for some reason and swapped mine. Overstock has the edT for ~15 bucks so I'm giving it another try.

I own the edt (as I could get it very cheap) and love it! It projects well and lasts 6+ hrs which is ok for me.
    The edp is a little more dense, stronger and longer lasting but also a bit more feminine imo.
    Both are good imo!
    My Top '10' : (In no particular order)

- Dolce & Gabbana: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Paco Rabanne: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Loewe: Esencia/Pour Homme/Solo/7
    - YSL: Opium Pour Homme Edp
    - Jacques Bogart: Bogart Pour Homme (2004)
    - MPG: Santal Noble
    - Guerlain: Vetiver
    - Amouage: Jubilation XXV
    - Hermes: Terre d'Hermes
    - YSL: Kouros (Fraicheur)

I like edt for warm weather and Edp for colder weather.