Code of Conduct

Question Charriol Pour Homme EDT - ????

Has any one tried this one? It is described as a fourge oriental - pear, lemon, green leaves, violet leaves, rose, marigold, cedar, amber and musk.

Default Re: Charriol Pour Homme EDT - ????

scentimus,

I haven't tried it, but I know it was created by Dominique Ropion. That's enough to commend it. Do you know where it's available?

Here is a more comprehensive list of notes from www.parfyym.pri.ee: velvety pear, lemon, green leaves, fresh grass, violet
    leaves, rose, marigold, lavender, cedar, amber, musk

scentemental

Last edited by scentemental; 9th July 2009 at 04:33 AM.

I'm also interested in getting comments on it, but can't find any reviews on the net. The scent is not even listed in BN directory. I think my regular source has the tester (and also the pour Femme EDP). It's a tad more expensive (~ $45).

I did order a bottle to try - it must be good because all the 3.4oz bottles are sold out.

Yes I have tried it! But, on the card

From what I can remember, it's a light, bright oriental scent, which smells modern and full of confidence.

I have seen it being sold for about $60-65 on ebay. I'll wait till the price has decreased.

I wish I tested in on my skin. That day I already had 2-3 scents on both arms. I saw a bottle of Charriol Pour Homme too late.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

This was a huge let down for me! It smells like a bad knock off of Lacoste Style in Play - not very long lasting with no sillage.

Bottle is the nice part of this fragrance - thats all!

Purchased it at Charriol in Geneve recently and I love everything about it.

A fougere with no lavender? The notes sound like a real nasty clash, at least in terms of what I like, but of course it's hard to tell because there can be very small amounts of some notes.

The pyramid mention lavender, indeed!
    I own this one and find it wonderful. This is a very original take on fougère, with a slight fruity twist. Just as Lacoste did with Lacost Elegance. I don't mean both are alike or even close. I just want to underline the fact that their share the same originality and oriental vibe. Charriol is brighter and it's fougère dimension is perhaps more... obvious, to my nose.

I got a tester cheaply a a sale. This is a fruity fragrance, where the fruit is that abstract "can't really say which exact fruit it is" kind of way. Reminds me of a coss between cK Escape for men and XS Black pour homme. Not exactly my favourite cologne.