Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Which cheapie did you wear in high school that got you massive compliments?????

This was mine...................

Honestly all the women love this one on me and never had no complaints. Unfortunately, I tried to revisit this classic and I think I''m too old to sport it now but man did it do it's job back when.

HOW ABOUT YOU?????

Default Re: Which cheapie did you wear in high school that got you massive compliments?????

Cheapie.. Hmmm
    Black XS count at $43?
    Otherwise

Blog Entries

Default Re: Which cheapie did you wear in high school that got you massive compliments?????

Brut. My GF loved it.

Preferred Stock. I still have about half a bottle left that I sniff from time to time to bring back memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Brut. My GF loved it.
    Ah the good ol brut.......takes everything back

Quote Originally Posted by tonghpafu View Post
    Preferred Stock. I still have about half a bottle left that I sniff from time to time to bring back memories.
    Yep Preferred Stock for me as well!
    Living each day one spray at a time

Aspen and someone gave me a bottle of CK One so I guess that was cheap. We used to have to save up all summer if we wanted a bottle of something good from the mall.
    Want to trade - Chanel Platinum Egoiste for Dior Eau Sauvage...
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/394...82#post3308582

Polo Green. It actually wasn't very popular at my HS, but I've rarely been complimented more often.

probably Stetson. still a good scent , too.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Avon Black Suede. I remember all of the high school girls telling me how good I always smelled.

Blog Entries

Jovan Musk for Men - I got compliments from my barber every time I got a haircut... a classmate liked it so much he bought one for himself... I must add that I went to a Co-In catholic High School, so boys were separated from the girls.

Blog Entries

Would you believe English Leather -- I think it was made by MEM in those days. I am talking about the 60s!

My nephew became a big fan of Cuba Gold, though he has now graduated to the ultimate compliment gettering scent -Paris Hilton for Men.
    Regards,
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by tehtimmeh View Post
    Polo Green. It actually wasn't very popular at my HS, but I've rarely been complimented more often.
    Don't recall whether it was a "cheapie" or not (kinda thinking it wasn't, but it wasn't really "expensive" either)......for anyone like myself who grew up in the 80's and attended high school and college during the decade.....this was THE ONE! Forget Dolce & Gabbana, Ralph Lauren could have named this one "THE ONE" during that time period! It's what everybody, everywhere was sporting.....and in spite of it being super popular, it was still beloved by most everyone.

For me, Perry Ellis portfolio Elite (blue) is what I wore. Graduated in 2004. Got A LOT of compliments on it.

I don't think I wore anything during high school, but during that era I think it was Polo Sport or Tommy.

&
    Currently wearing: Knize Ten by Knize

Quote Originally Posted by senore01 View Post
    Avon Black Suede. I remember all of the high school girls telling me how good I always smelled.
    Black Suede? No kidding........ that's awesome that avon is getting some representation around here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    Aspen and someone gave me a bottle of CK One so I guess that was cheap. We used to have to save up all summer if we wanted a bottle of something good from the mall.

Aspen is still a very good fragrance imo.... ha ha I too remeber the days of saving up

Spend hundreds on better bottles, only to get complimented when I'm wearing a $5 fragrance... -__-
    It should be illegal to smell this good!

Nightflight and Tommy

Blog Entries

GIT, Aventus, Aoud, nothing. Old Polo or Stetson $3 a gallon: "oh you smell nice!"

Sound Scents

Original Polo (Green). It wasn't a cheapie back then though... I still love it.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4)
    Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6)
    Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
    9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
    9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
    9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie
    9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
    9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie

Well, when I ran out of Poison, I got 'Poison' perfume oil roll on I got at a gas station for like 4 bucks. The 'version of' seemed to get more compliments than the original, lol.

Cheapies I liked for a guy were: Aspen, Preferred Stock, Drakkar, Eternity but Eternity isn't really a cheapie. Oh well. lol

But my absolute faves for a guy were Aspen & Polo(green).
    Currently wearing: Sahara Noir by Tom Ford

Quote Originally Posted by SportsFan View Post
    Don't recall whether it was a "cheapie" or not (kinda thinking it wasn't, but it wasn't really "expensive" either)......for anyone like myself who grew up in the 80's and attended high school and college during the decade.....this was THE ONE! Forget Dolce & Gabbana, Ralph Lauren could have named this one "THE ONE" during that time period! It's what everybody, everywhere was sporting.....and in spite of it being super popular, it was still beloved by most everyone.
    Kind of depends on which side of the tracks you grew up on... for me Polo Green was very expensive!
    Living each day one spray at a time

Pure Mysore Sandalwood Oil.

We're talking 1972 / 73 here

Back in the days these were the affordable colognes I used:
    Varon Dandy, Luois Philippe, The Baron, Cool water, Drakkar, Lagerfeld, Lagerfeld Photo, Kuoros, Farenheit and all the Samba's, fact Samba Red is still one of my favorites cheapo colognes that I still wear....

They all had their time.......
    Last edited by Whitealltrac; 23rd July 2012 at 01:45 PM.

Wasn't cheap but 80s were Polo Green, Drakkar, or Grey Flannel
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Hardy Amies
    roberre noir

None during highschool - both the cheapie and the more expensive scents did hardy get any compliments, but then again, I was wearing most scents for myself, as I still do.

Nothing. Perfumes (for men) flew under my radar for most of my life until I purchased Cool Water some years ago.