Code of Conduct

Default The ugliest bottle designs

Okay, since there is a thread for the best bottles, what do you think are the worst or ugliest bottle designs? (And let's not get too serious about this, we're all just here to have a bit of fun) Personally, I dislike:

and:

Default Re: The ugliest bottle designs

I think the ugliest bottles are the new ones favored for Guerlain's men's line in Derby, Arsene Lupin Dandy and Voyou.

It's heresy for a company with the lineage of Guerlain--a genuine one (unlike others who must manufacture their "histories")--to fob off a cheap-looking angular wooden bottle like some upstart new niche company.

A disgrace. They need to bring back the bee bottle, at least on Derby.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

I think the house that has the silliest/most insulting bottles is Creed: Those decanters are nothing but perfumer's flasks that can be bought for near nothing in France wholesale, come in about 20 different sizes and two colours, (clear and olive green) and they are just the most common things: Every perfumer in France uses them in the labs. Not to be outdone, they sell at Creed empty leather-covered vapos with funnels. I bought one of these once--took it home--filled it (with Guerlain) and on the first spray it leaked all over, staining the leather--so I took it back--exchanged it--went home--repeated the experiment with the exact same results. Ridiculous.
    "...a Chacun son Mauvais Gout."

The 'phallic' 'spaceship' 'weird shaped' bottle as it's been dubbed of Burberry body is HORRENDOUS, it might be different on the shorter/smaller ml amounts, but the lid is this heavy faux gold plated metal and the bottle is this thin crystal thing, it's immensely heavy, and the only time I've ever seen it displayed upright was in a glass case on a stand when it first came out at Macy's.
    At Ulta they display them in these little velvet lined boxes but the bottle if you put it back down after a spritz leaks on its' side. on the other hand it's way too top-heavy to stand upright, it'd tumble right off my dresser [clumsy me I'd knock it over]

Blog Entries

Another top-heavy bottle. I have this one but it is dangerous. It always scares me when I take it out. The stone top is very heavy and it wants to tip over.

This one from Nazomato has the same problem. I have the Absinthe.

Christian Audigier. No comment.

Terrible!

Looks like insect!

Brain damage? :/
    Mirror mirror on the wall, who's the fairest of them all?

Blog Entries

I agree, Iris. That fist-shaped bottle is dreadful. The Kokorico head-shaped bottle must be a pain to hold & spray!

I think for sheer tackiness, you can't go past the Amouage Gold bottle. What was once a gem of a design, has become a lumpy gold covered mess. Where the gold Amouage symbol was a pretty highlight to the glass, it is now gold on gold. All that glitters is not gold Not only that, it's impractical since you can't even guess at the volume of perfume left in it.

Prada Candy. Tacky!!! Not as bad as some of the ones in this thread though.

I agree that the Amouage Gold bottle doesn't look particularly pretty. Unfortunately, the juice inside isn't what it was either. In defense of Amouage, I must say that their bottles are extremely solid. I once dropped the 100ml bottle of Amouage Gold on a sidewalk (yes, I know ...) and it survived.

But I'm with MdM here - the Creed bottles are a worthy match to their content.

cacio

@iris_983, those Diesel bottles are horribly awesome (in an evil dead kind of way.) The fist and the pesticide sprayer made me laugh.

The insect sprayer is spot on!

Basenotes Plus

Haha, these are too much!

I direct your attention to the bottle on the left in this photo:

It's Invitation by Susan Lucci. The idea was to have two concentrations of the same perfume packaged in one bottle. I think it looks like two slugs mating.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Quote Originally Posted by tdem1961 View Post
    Haha, these are too much!

I direct your attention to the bottle on the left in this photo:

It's Invitation by Susan Lucci. The idea was to have two concentrations of the same perfume packaged in one bottle. I think it looks like two slugs mating.
    I looked at that picture and thought the same thing, even before reading your comment.

Maybe not the ugliest bottle design, but Secretions Magnifiques' bottle label with the male genitalia doing its thing (most polite/least crass way I could put it) is pretty obscene. So, I label this one under ugliest bottle in my book.

Yeah, I'm a bit prudish.

Has anyone seen the Michael Jackson perfume? I didn't even know he had one until I saw it the other day. It has to be up their with the worst. I loved your music but sorry Michael this is just 'bad'.

Last edited by Rüssel; 13th March 2013 at 11:43 AM.

Check out 'Regio' by Xerjoff -- hilariously over the top
    1 Million -- chavs use the fragrance then attach the bottle to their necklaces

Good suggestions so far, adding one more: Cacharel Nemo. Strictly for subjective, personal reasons, I admit. The bottle design may be a masterpiece, but there is something about it I simply dislike.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    Good suggestions so far, adding one more: Cacharel Nemo. Strictly for subjective, personal reasons, I admit. The bottle design may be a masterpiece, but there is something about it I simply dislike.
    Agree. Also very awkward to handle.