Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Wow...this is kind of disgraceful.

I know plenty of websites do this; but for a fake perfume site, I think it takes the cake that they use stock photos.

I'd rather have a bottle of Emoiste than a fake Egoiste bottle, but only from the dollar store anyway.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Website ADMITS Selling Couterfiets!

Quote Originally Posted by zubi View Post
    Perhaps this is just me being from a different culture, but...

I live in Africa, where piracy is a normal thing.
    I disagree, I don't care where someone is from. "I can't afford it so I will buy a fake" is not a valid excuse for stealing from a company. They took the time to research, market, produce, a quality fragrance/movie/music cd and someone else comes along, and makes a profit from stealing it??? If you can't afford a fragrance, buy something inexpensive and be satisfied. A company that remixes their own ingredients to make something smell "similar" to a brand and advertises as such is legitimate. Tricking people isn't.
    For Sale: VINTAGE Montales

lol that about you page is my new favourite page. +1 for their honesty

- - - Updated - - -

lol that about you page is my new favourite page. +1 for their honesty
    "Geez, when are the 'We love Aventus' T-shirts coming out?"
    (Possum-Pie, 2012)

Nothing like breaking the law whilst being above board!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam S View Post
    Disgraceful? This is a company being completely honest that they are selling you a fake. Posted on the footer of every page, hardly what I'd call fine print. I commend them trying to make a profit as honestly as a perfume-faking business can.
    True, but still illegal.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Actually to be fair I once bought some knock off Tom Ford Tuscan Leather in a pure concentrated oil form and somewhat preferred it to the original! Much more denser, richer and potent.

Frag Bomb Squadron XIII

Lol. There's always a market for cheapskates who wouldn't pay full retail for the genuine article.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    Lol. There's always a market for cheapskates who wouldn't pay full retail for the genuine article.
    Especially when buying presents...

As with all things in life....Caveat emptor!
    Don't panic. Just stay calm, and reload....

Who is willing to bet a store like this does most of its business selling to ebayers who will then put the items up at top-dollar?

Even so, let's keep some perspective. There are plenty of solid discounters online that have saved people truckloads of money; I for one shop almost exclusively online (there is no other choice if you want variety here) including on Ebay. I often use reference samples to verify my products, but I've bought hundreds of bottles and saved myself a huge amount of money which means I can buy far more than I have ever been able to.

I've had three experiences with fakes/scams in total. One recently, worth pour homme HC, was refunded cost plus shipping with no drama. Another where a bottle of Dans la Nuit I ordered, supposedly vintage, was in fact reformulated. Again I received a full refund and they didn't even ask for it back. The last was a private deal on a forum and it's never been resolved, but what I lost is nothing compared to what I've saved.

This sort of thing doesn't bother me, although I know it's illegal. They're being honest. To my mind the true disgrace is the places like DJs in this country who sell things at twice and three times the actual retail value, and even lie about the value of the perfume itself (one store claimed the normal retail price for Annick Goutal 100ml is $320, while charging $250) to claim they're selling at a discount, and whose staff have absolutely no idea about perfume and can't provide customer service to anyone save the person who wants to buy whatever is most popular.

Paying for superior customer service and a better shopping experience is one thing. I still buy retail, when what I want is available, because the people at the perfume stores I shop at (It Girl in Chulora and the boutique at Birkinhead Point) know me and their service is excellent, but whenever I go to a department store like Meyer or David Jones the ineveitable result is dissapointment.

Quote Originally Posted by noirdrakkar View Post
    if it smells nice, gets compliments, looks exactly like it, and you literally can't tell the difference without meticulous inspection, does it matter.

Is this even a serious question?