Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Website ADMITS Selling Couterfiets!

I'm just posting this to warn people about them.

There's a company named Beauty & Parfums. Their website is http://www.beauty-parfum.com/.

They sell a bunch of name-brand fragrances, but if you look closely at the bottom of their website, you'll see the following message:

"All items ARE NOT genuine and produced in Europe and UAE by licence."

Seriously, this is one of the most illegal websites I've ever seen. I really hope no one has fallen for this trap!

Also... Did anyone else notice that they misspelled "license"? At least they're being honest about being dishonest.

ALSO... Did anyone else notice that I misspelled "Counterfeits"?
    Last edited by slesperado; 25th July 2012 at 07:12 AM.

Default Re: Website ADMITS Selling Couterfiets!

Misspelling is contagious. Wow, I like how they just try to sneak that right at the end there..'all perfumes are not genuine'..now if I wasn't looking at the whole page, I may have put something in my cart and checked out. But wait, the prices..I wouldn't have checked out..prices that low are fakes. Still pretty bad though!
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Basenotes Member

I just thought I'd point out that "licence" is the British spelling so it really isn't a misspelling. Obviously, that doesn't make the website any better, but at least you know.

Good to know that one!.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

If they are produced under license (I assume from the original manufacturer), how can they not be genuine?The prices do suggest that they are copies/knockoffs/whatever. I just don't get the license thing.

That is weird, they provide a disclaimer then let the cat out of the bag that their products are illegal copys. What are they hoping to accomplish?

Sound Scents

Quote Originally Posted by noggs View Post
    If they are produced under license (I assume from the original manufacturer), how can they not be genuine?The prices do suggest that they are copies/knockoffs/whatever. I just don't get the license thing.
    Yeah, I guess they are being only part truthful... Truthful in their statement that they are not genuine and untruthful about the licensing.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Banned

"Please do not hesitate to ask us any questions you may have regarding our merchandise."
    - Anyone wanna write to the Ukraine (marketofeverything@gmail.com) to get to know what this is all about? :-)

This part cracks me up:

"We hope you’ll agree that Shop is the place “where perfume lover’s go” first.."- not quite! lol.
    Last edited by kalli; 24th July 2012 at 12:18 PM.

I'm waiting for the thread:
    "Help! I think my Green Irish Tweed from beauty-parfum.com might be legit "

LOL..you mean my YSL isn't LEGIT???? OMGOSH! I totally can't believe it!!!!!!!! I am going to take this up to customer service and 'get my money back'. LOL.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I wonder how many other websites are doing the same and not posting a disclaimer.

Under license simply means they have a contract with a knockoff manufacturer to sell those products. This is really no different than the sites selling bogus Rolex watches. Eventually the real companies get them shut down.

Quote Originally Posted by senore01 View Post
    I wonder how many other websites are doing the same and not posting a disclaimer.
    True

At least they are honest, not like those ebay power sellers that buy them and start an auction at 49usd.

Quote Originally Posted by quislor View Post
    I just thought I'd point out that "licence" is the British spelling so it really isn't a misspelling. Obviously, that doesn't make the website any better, but at least you know.
    Wow! I really didn't know that. Thanks for pointing that out, Quislor

- - - Updated - - -

I just reported them to Chanel. I'll let Chanel handle this because I'm sure they won't appreciate anyone giving them a bad name

Quote Originally Posted by gandhajala View Post
    I'm waiting for the thread:
    "Help! I think my Green Irish Tweed from beauty-parfum.com might be legit "
    Hahaha

for swap/sale:

This is my favorite from the site so far :

Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme Eau De Toilette Spray for Women 4.2 oz 125 ml
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

^ LOL..is that unisex? Wut is that about? lol.

I suspect what they meant to claim is that their items either "are genuine", or "are not fake", but got confused
    Alan

I think this explains all the batch variation complaints by base noters. Many of you are buying from sources like this one and wondering why it's so different than the juice you smelled at Neiman Marcus counter.

That site looks like it's just a wordpress template whipped together in a matter of minutes. Definitely shady, though I suspect "not genuine" is just a typo or a language barrier issue.

Basenotes Plus

I couldn't help it- I just sent them a message asking if they really meant to say their items were faked. I'll post their response, if there is one.
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Poor things might be probably perfectly legit and just got a bad translator program. It would cost a fortune to fake that lot.... wouldn't it?????

Blog Entries

I'd be tempted to buy one for comparison, except that Ukraine + Credit Card Number = T.R.O.U.B.L.E. Neh-vah!

There are an endless number of sites just like that one. Same set up and almost everything costs $36.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

+1 on the British spelling.

Thanks for the heads-up. At least it's a disclaimer.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

As I promised... I contacted Chanel and informed them about this website selling knock-offs of their fragrances. I quickly received a response from Chanel. This is what they said:

"Thank you for your e-mail regarding your concern over the sale of
    counterfeit merchandise at Beauty-Parfum.com. We appreciate the time you
    have taken to bring this matter to our attention. You can be assured
    that your letter will be forwarded to the appropriate person for review."

Man, I love their customer service!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    This is my favorite from the site so far :

Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme Eau De Toilette Spray for Women 4.2 oz 125 ml
    HAHAHA!!! The "For Women" must be a flanker of the original Pour Homme. Maybe they took a cologne that was meant to attract women, then they infused it with pheromones that are meant to attract men

I guess they are just banking on really stupid people buying things without checking.

Actually, 'licence' is a noun whereas 'license' is a verb.

Signed,
    The Grammar Nazi.

Wow, wonder if anyone has actually bought something from that site?

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by broxwood View Post
    Actually, 'licence' is a noun whereas 'license' is a verb.
    Yes, that is true for us in Australia. However, Americans spell both the noun and verb as "license" and, in this context, it appears that the word is being used as a noun. Hence, why I pointed out that "licence" is the British/Australian variation.

Blog Entries

There were a few red flags right off the start. All merchandise costs around $30 something. Then, About Us, in the line they admit of not genuine items. Hoping that - if items get returned or contested - they could say, "we told you all along".

Furthermore, shipping - no matter where to - is included in those $30 something for the item. Ha !

Furthermore, they invite the stupid enough customer to order there or deal with them, to "e-mail us with any questions, etc."

That is just to blindfold the stupid enough customer.

I hope that nobody, absolutely nobody, is stupid enough to fall for their scam.

Chanel and Lancome should be notified how badly their products are represented in the internet.

Amazing ... now I have seen everything ... but maybe not.
    There are no answers, only choices. (Stanislav Lem)

Basenotes Plus

Ok guys, this is the response I got from the website:

Hello,

we sell only good quality replicas.

that information you can find in "about'

So, as the original OP slesperado wrote- they admit selling conterfeits.

Yet, they use illustrations of the original products not "Our version of". They probably make a fair bit before they get pressured to shut down, or the goal is to obtain credit card/identity info.
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Perhaps this is just me being from a different culture, but... They clearly state they are not selling the genuine, but remakes. Reporting a person who is honestly telling their clients that these aren't the real thing, is like reporting all the perfume oil stores I know that replicate mainstream brand-names. As far as we know, he is only "stealing" copyright (ie name and bottle look), but is simply providing a way for people to get perfumes that smell similar without shelling out tonnes.

We perfumistas forget that not everyone cares as much about perfume as we do!

I live in Africa, where piracy is a normal thing. DVDs sold on the streets are all pirated, and we get the movies on DVD before they're even premiered sometimes. Music? No one buys a CD in Kenya, unless it's local - even then most Kenyans don't care and will prate that, even though the local artistes need it. There is one CD store that I know of, and they dont have the newest albums. They do not have the newest movies. There definitely is NO place in Kenya where you can buy genuine perfumes, except overpriced (marked up twice the price at times) stores in expensive malls. Then you have large brands and people (woe is me) lamenting and complaining about piracy in their million dollar homes - but what effort do they make to provide their music/movies to people who make 200 dollars a month? Does that mean that people of a low income who have internet and the awareness of entertainment, do not have a right to be entertained? Do lower income people not have the right to enjoy perfume?

I know that a lot of mainstream perfumes are sold in chemists in Kenya, all fake. They cost 15 dollars, smell "nice" (if you like fruity floral), and faintly resemble the original. Why deny someone their pleasure? I cannot explain to you the joy of a young girl who got a Dior perfume for herself when she thought she could never afford it. Sure, she knew it was fake at 20 dollars. But it was a treat for her, and that is something she could never have done if stores - who are honest about their fakes - like these didnt exist.

(Note: I'm not necessarily talking about this website if it IS a credit card scam, as I dont know where the place caters to, but I know I've seen complaints before about "fakes" and I dont understand why people are letting it get to them when it might provide someone else with a lot of pleasure, especially if it clearly states they are replicas).

Second note: I am not trying to argue but just want to expose a different side to this argument. I hope that is clear; I'm kind of sick so I might not be expressing myself correctly right now.
    Last edited by zubi; 26th July 2012 at 09:12 PM.
    Perfume appeals to my nose the way music appeals to my ears, exquisite food to my taste buds, photography to my eyes, and great loving from my man to my sense of touch.

I can safely conclude, then, that PERFUME IS ART in its purest form.

As an artist, I therefore have a responsibility to buy as much perfume as I can. You know, to learn about art and all.

http://www.sheblogsitall.com

Personally, I don't have a problem with them selling knock-offs. My biggest problem with them is that they're illegally using the names of names-brands and using their pictures. For example... If Beauty & Parfums wants to sell a knock-off of Dior Homme Sport, they could call it something else like "Dyore Homme Sport Edition". In the description, they can put "compare to Dior Homme Sport" or "If you like Dior Homme Sport, then you'll LOVE this". Yes... People would laugh, but at least the company wouldn't get into any legal trouble over something like that.

What makes the site illegal is that they're using names/pictures that they're not authorized to use, and it is very misleading. They're fully aware that some customers are going to mistake their products for the real thing. It's like a company that is selling MP3 players. It's alright if they sell knock-offs of iPods, but it's not alright if they market them as iPods.

Quote Originally Posted by slesperado View Post
    Personally, I don't have a problem with them selling knock-offs. My biggest problem with them is that they're illegally using the names of names-brands and using their pictures. For example... If Beauty & Parfums wants to sell a knock-off of Dior Homme Sport, they could call it something else like "Dyore Homme Sport Edition". In the description, they can put "compare to Dior Homme Sport" or "If you like Dior Homme Sport, then you'll LOVE this". Yes... People would laugh, but at least the company wouldn't get into any legal trouble over something like that.

What makes the site illegal is that they're using names/pictures that they're not authorized to use, and it is very misleading. They're fully aware that some customers are going to mistake their products for the real thing. It's like a company that is selling MP3 players. It's alright if they sell knock-offs of iPods, but it's not alright if they market them as iPods.

Ah ok I see your point! Gotcha.
    Perfume appeals to my nose the way music appeals to my ears, exquisite food to my taste buds, photography to my eyes, and great loving from my man to my sense of touch.

I can safely conclude, then, that PERFUME IS ART in its purest form.

As an artist, I therefore have a responsibility to buy as much perfume as I can. You know, to learn about art and all.

http://www.sheblogsitall.com

Default Wow...this is kind of disgraceful.

I knew something was wrong when a bottle of Bleu de Chanel was going for $36.

But you want to know where a lot of those Ebay fakes are probably coming from?

Right here:

http://www.beauty-parfum.com

Make sure to click on the "About Us" tab at the top of the page.

"Enjoy!"

Banned
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Wow...this is kind of disgraceful.

lol, it flat-out says "all items are not genuine"

Couldn't it be that if you order Egoiste, for example (100 ml for $33 and free shipping), they will tell you they are out of stock after you provide them with your personal information? Seems like potential for multiple scams here, IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's the exact quote:

"All items are not genuine and produced in Europe and UAE by licence."

Must be a typo, though possibly/likely true, since you don't need a license to break the law if that is your intent, right?. LOL.
    Last edited by Bigsly; 10th September 2012 at 02:06 AM.

It doesn't only show it in the About Us page, but also in the footer of the site, but that could be a common variable used throughout the site, so a single typo/error could appear in multiple places.

I would certainly not buy anything from them regardless of whether they claim products are genuine or not...
    Last edited by dougczar; 10th September 2012 at 02:45 AM.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Pure White Cologne
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. Clive Christian - 1872
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Xerjoff - Nio
    8. Neela Vermeire - Bombay Bling
    9. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    10. Chanel - Allure Homme Edition Blanche

Oh c'mon, all the best fragrances are sourced from Ukraine

Dependent

Very interesting i must say! But i definitely wouldnt risk getting anything from them for sure
    Current Top 5:
    1. Frederic Malle L'eau d'Hiver
    2. Tom Ford Noir de Noir
    3. Dior Homme / Dior Homme Intense
    4. Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Havane / Pure Malt
    5. Creed Aventus / Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

Disgraceful? This is a company being completely honest that they are selling you a fake. Posted on the footer of every page, hardly what I'd call fine print. I commend them trying to make a profit as honestly as a perfume-faking business can.

wow everything is 34, 35 or 36$

I'm convinced all that Creed batch variation is from cheap base noters not willing to pay full price and buying fakes from sites like this!

Dependent

wow it does say they arent genuine lololololol

Yup, the company straight up said that their products aren't real. It's just a nice alternative to those who can't afford a $70 bottle.

Sounds suspect to me.

Banned
    Blog Entries

if it smells nice, gets compliments, looks exactly like it, and you literally can't tell the difference without meticulous inspection, does it matter.

Quote Originally Posted by noirdrakkar View Post
    if it smells nice, gets compliments, looks exactly like it, and you literally can't tell the difference without meticulous inspection, does it matter.
    It does matter. If you buy a watch, bag, jacket etc then the above criteria might apply. However, with fake fragrance, who the hell knows what chemicals you're putting on yourself. Could be full of any old shit.

At least they admit it.

its Dubai AAA grade manufactured in UAE - thats why i never buy anything from Dubai!

I wonder if someone emails them and asks them for a price on 100 Egoiste bottles what their price would be !

Indeed dishonest and disgraceful
    - "made by license in UAE and Europe?"
    - "All items are not genuine and produced in Europe and UAE by licence."

Liars. If made under license, they'd be genuine.
    Regards,
    Renato

"All items are not genuine"

Brilliant!

Mailed them the last time this was posted. Their customer service is disgraceful. Or they don't speak any English.

it's a good resource for people wondering which fragrances are being faked.

though they could do that old trick of actually only having a few fakes in stock, but listing a bunch of different stuff to lure buyers. and just sending you a random substitute once they have your order

Blog Entries

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by QWERTYOP View Post
    "All items are not genuine"

Brilliant!
    Try to save a few $$ online and get ripped off. I was at Penny Lane Perfumes in Rehoboth Beach De. this weekend, and the opportunity to test HUNDREDS of niche frags and get her advice was worth more than the $5 I would have saved buying online. She sent me home with a handful of samples, and I bought a bottle of Mona di Orio Vetyver. Google penny lane perfumes. If you live in the NY/NJ/MD/PA area, well worth the trip. All they sell is NICHE!!! And she doesn't have a disclaimer saying "All items not genuine"
    For Sale: VINTAGE Montales

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Link to the recent thread on this topic/seller:

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/306...ng-Couterfiets!

Quote Originally Posted by slesperado View Post
    Personally, I don't have a problem with them selling knock-offs. My biggest problem with them is that they're illegally using the names of names-brands and using their pictures. For example... If Beauty & Parfums wants to sell a knock-off of Dior Homme Sport, they could call it something else like "Dyore Homme Sport Edition".
    I'd like to get a bottle of Chantel's Emoiste but not for $30+. LOL.